5.0 out of 5 stars By far, the best book I have read this year!
If you want to change the world, or change your bit of it, this is the book for you!

Seth Godin focuses on the role that LEADERSHIP plays in change and makes some powerful observations about the difference between MANAGEMENT and LEADERSHIP. Management is about maintaining stability, about perpetuating the status quo, it is about ensuring that things are done...
Published on 16 Nov 2008 by S. Gale

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, not enough for a whole book
Seth Godin has great ideas, and the idea of leading a tribe to make change happen is another one of them. The issue is that this book could have 5 or 10 pages instead of 131. It would share exactly the same knowledge. Going for the same over and over again with lousy examples is what's made me got really tired. It's boring, exactly what he claims not to do. I won't spread...
Published on 3 Jan 2010 by Ricard Codina Graņo

5.0 out of 5 stars Seth is awesome!, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tribes (Kindle Edition)
Great book. Very inspirational. I love Seths perspective of the world, we came here to make difference. Find your tribe and lead! Not suitable for sheepwalkers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Books I love my books and the sharpening of Mind, 30 Sep 2013
Everything was exactly as I needed it to be and delivery time frame was excellent thank you
will pass the good news on to my family and friends and network

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, very important concept to know about, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Tribes (Kindle Edition)
A must read for any business owner, especially in information marketing or for anyone else looking to build a loyal client base, or 'tribe'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 24 May 2013
Fantastic and inspiring book. A must read for all budding entrepreneurs. I would recommend this book to anyone needing some motivation in their life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Want to change the world? Read this book!, 6 April 2011
Phew! I'm exhuasted after reading this. It is absolutely crammed with ideas about business, altruism and leadership. Even though it's quite a short book, it took me so long to finish it as I found I could only digest a few pages at a time. There is something thought-provoking or eye-opening on virtually every page.
Really interesting stuff. If you've ever thought you might want to change the world -read this book!

4.0 out of 5 stars A true leader in marketing thought, 26 Nov 2010
Brilliant expose of the changing dynamics of marketing through social media. Seth Godin doesn't just tell you what you should do, he also shows you why you should be doing it.

Jason Sullock, Author of 555 Quick n Dirty Marketing Tips

4.0 out of 5 stars Original, 24 Nov 2010
Never read a book in this category (whatever it would be) before but if the others are this good I want those, too.
I am quite busy with life in general, find it hard to spare some time to read but with this book it was not an issue because it is not divided into chapters with the length of 20-30 pages, more comprised of tiny episodes if you like. Each episode has it's own storyline and only consists of a few paragraphs, so if I only have ten minutes to read I still will be able to finish 4,5 or 6 episodes within that time.
The content itself is extremely interesting gives you a lot to think about. I think if you have the leader within you that is hidden yet, it will help you find a way to locate and uncover everything you need to do to become one. Most of us will find it very uplifting, because it opens new doors to the World that is made up of many tribes and even more leaders. But if you are not a leader type this book is still for you to become aware of that and find your place in the tribe(s) you belong to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and insightful - everything I hoped it would be!, 9 Jun 2010
T. de Grunwald (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is thoroughly excellent! I'm working on getting a graduate careers advice website off the ground (because I think the current system sucks) and this book really spoke to me. I realised I am a true 'heretic' - and that that's something to embrace, not to try and hide!

I also love the sense of goodness and fairness that runs through Seth's philosophy about marketing a product or service online. Having faith that good ideas spread and that decency and openness are good qualities is a really inspiring blend of old-fashioned values with new-fangled technology.

Keeping your Tribe as top priority is also excellent advice. It's easy to get side-tracked / start to hog the limelight yourself when trying to get something up and running that you feel so strongly about - but several times I've thought of Seth adn reminded myself, 'No, Tanya - it's not about you, it's about the Tribe...'

I'd thoroughly recommend this book to anybody who feels like a fish swimming against the tide but is SURE that what they're doing has real value to a core audience. Totally worth the money, many times over!

5.0 out of 5 stars Seth Godin's Tribes, 27 Nov 2009
Seth just keeps getting better and better. His quirky style and mastery of one word sentences make it fun to read and as ever his insights really make you look at things in a different way. This book is packed with examples of people who are choosing to 'lead' rather than 'manage' in order to achieve remarkable things. Brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars We can all be leaders; we just don't always know it, 27 Oct 2009
Jonathan Kettleborough (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I love the way that Seth writes; fast, furious and to the point. I found this a rather US-centric book but was a great read none the less.

In his book, Seth looks at the concepts of tribes and of followers and leaders.

Throughout the book Seth looks at the power of the internet which has allowed people to become leaders from the strangest of places. He clearly articulates what it takes to be a leader and for me the key messages of the book are held on pages 88-90.

Overall this was a very quick and easy book to read and one which made me think. Peppered with clear examples; Seth walks the reader through leadership and management and the desire to succeed. Seth also tells us stories of dire failures and how these have moulded leaders in the future.

This is a recommended book and one I shall come back to time and time again.

ARRAY(0xb156424c)