5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK WILL TRANSFORM YOUR MIND & YOUR LIFE
Ladies and Gentlemen, this book will without any doubt change your life, by changing your mind about the concept of "money". So many of us were brought up with the idea of money as a finite resource, which you had to compete for. This book is desgined to release every preconcieved idea that is holding us all back from wealth.
The basic premise of this book is that...
Published on 9 Mar 2010 by C. M. Cotton

3.0 out of 5 stars a brief introduction on how to change the thought about money
this book is a quick and easy approach that gives the basics on how to change negative thoughts about money. Like with most books on the genre, this can give you a few ideas and suggestions on something that the reader must develop in his/her mind. Without too many expectations, the book is ok and worth reading, in the knowledge that only you can really make the most of...
Published on 22 Sep 2010 by L. Pile

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK WILL TRANSFORM YOUR MIND & YOUR LIFE, 9 Mar 2010
C. M. Cotton "Chris Cotton" (Europe and USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
The basic premise of this book is that becoming wealthy is a science, that once understood, and replicated will create wealth in everyone's life. Wealth is as infinite as the creative mind. Create ideas, take action and abundance will flow.

I have read over 200 books on success and wealth, before I read this book. Nothing I had read upto this point had such an incrediblely profound effect on my wealth, because it changed my misconceptions on what it took to become wealthy. Within ten months of applying these principles and concepts, I had exponentially increased my income to levels that would had been unthinkable 12 months earlier.

I would reccomend that every student of this book, also read, Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, Money is Easy by Larry Winget, The Einstien Factor Wenger & Poe, Psyco Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz & Born Rich by Bob Proctor. All these books will enhance your understanding of this incredible book.

The ideas and concepts, once studied and applied will transform your mental approach to money. This is a book that will take you a day to read, but a life-time to understand fully. Give it serious study, and I guarantee you success

5.0 out of 5 stars Ancient truths reinterpreted for our times, 19 Jun 2002
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
The Science of Getting Rich is very much a practical manual with ideas deeply rooted in the thought of Descartes, Spinoza, Leibnitz and Emerson, among others. The style is refreshingly direct and lucid as it explains the ancient truths anew. Much emphasis is placed on the emotion of gratitude and the individual's creativity as the channels for creating wealth; in other words, creating abundance without competing against others. Wattles writes with genuine authority and his style is free of embellishment. This is definitely a classic of the genre and ranks with the best works of later authors in the field, like Catherine Ponder, Joseph Murphy, John Randolph Price and Stuart Wilde.

5.0 out of 5 stars A landmark book that you need to own and cultivate in your mind, 27 Dec 2008
LXIX (scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Although published almost a century ago now, Wallace Wattles' "Science of Getting Rich" remains a cornerstone read for anyone interested in improving themselves through law of attraction techniques.

To get the most from this book, you need to first of all shake off the traditional notion that riches and wealth are a 'bad' thing. Let's face it - that belief is still very much alive and kicking today, be it through organised religion or the subtle undertones of the mass media, our peers and close family members.

Like Wallace Wattles, I would argue that poverty is actually an evil thing. For example, it's accepted by sociologists that crime increases during recessions. Historians are also quick to point out that the poverty that existed in Germany in the 1920s and 1930s led to the rise of Nazi party. If someone has abundance in their life, though, they are generally less inclined to crime and deviance. Also, you've probably heard it said that the higher up the ladder in an organisation you go, the nicer people get. This has certainly been my experience - as if those who enjoy abundance have little to prove and so gravitate towards altruism, well being and generally being positive.

So, if you're ready to make that mind leap then devour this book. It's short and digestible, so you can get through your first reading in a night or two. After that, go back to it and refer to it in order to refresh your mind.

How does the 'science' work? Well, I won't spoil it for you as you need to read it and 'internalise' it yourself, but, in summary form, it goes like this:

All that is has been created through thought; man also has the power to create through his thoughts; by choosing e.g. wealth, the universe expands (which is its natural order); to manifest what you have expanded from the non-physical into the physical reality, you do so through internal mental techniques such as visualisation, vibrational alignment, faith and gratitude.

Sounds easy? Yes, it does, but we're so conditioned to block wealth and abundance that it will probably take time to develop this mindset on a habitual level.

This influential book was recognised as a key motivator in developing "The Secret" DVD, and along with the works of Esther and Jerry Hicks I would encourage you to buy this book, think about what you really want in life and then start to work on emotionally aligning with your own 'expanded' universe; after all, out of all the billions of webpages that are out there, you've found yourself here and reading this review for a reason ... so go for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than "The Secret", 7 Oct 2007
A. Beeton "adamblue" (UK) - See all my reviews
Not as easy to read as "The Secret" but many more times powerful in its message, not only does it argue why you should be rich, but also takes a moral line of how you should become rich - by doing things in a "certain way". The statements that stick in my mind the most are not to be competitive, not to rip others off, and also not to become a self-styled "master". A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 23 Mar 2010
This is a book that needs to be read, and more than once. It does not only focus on a practical method of acquiring material wealth that anyone can enter into right now, and in a most positive manner, but it contains a deeply profound spiritual maessage as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Little Book of Big Wisdom, 5 Feb 2009
No anecdotes, no testimonials, no filler....just page after page of pure wisdom. One of the best self help books I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a man!, 23 May 2009
Julia Ohkubo (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I love this little book. The style in which it is written is charmingly old fashioned but the concepts and ideas for obtaining wealth that Mr Wattles proposes are as useable today as they may have been 90 years ago when he wrote them. I highly recommend The Science of Getting Rich as a must read for anyone wishing to motivate themselves to Riches!

5.0 out of 5 stars In a time before wealth seminars, internet marketing and get rich quick schemes, 27 Jan 2011
This is the definitive book on wealth creation. In this short book Wattles covers everything, why working collaboratively is better than working competitively, what isn't stopping you from getting wealthy and what you need to do to gain financial riches. No shortcuts, no buzzwords, no 12 step programmes.

Read it and reap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 20 Aug 2001
Considering that this was written in 1927, I do not know why there are not more rich, and 'uncompetitve' people out there. What this book has to say is timless, and so basic, so true, so easy, yet so hard! Based on Universal truths, this book really says it all. Take the challenge and try it!

5.0 out of 5 stars This Little Book, 7 Oct 2008
M. O. Erhabor - See all my reviews
I thought this little book was just one of those positive thinking books, get-rich-quick schemes that gave you false information on how to be happy and wealthy. O' how I was wrong! This little book changed my entire life from a bus driver who used to live in London to a wealthy business man now living in N/Hollywood. Growing up as a Christian, I 'always thought' that there was some secret that was removed from the Bible... and finally, this little book shows up on YouTube through a friend, so I decided to buy it from amazon.

Up till this very day I'm shocked at the powers this little book contains! After a few months of reading this little powerful book, my life seemed to be a rocket ship to the moon. It one-day all started at work, in the morning, I noticed a miserable bus driver who does'nt like making friends with anyone. I wanted to make friends with this guy a couple of years ago suddenly asking me with a smile if I would like to drink some coffee or tea from the vending machine in the canteen.

Well, I thought, that's strange! I thought nothing of it and went to do my duty. I found a wallet on the bus which contained nearly £300 and planned giving it in on my trip back to the garage but some guy turned up and identified it was his wallet, thanked me for finding it, and gave me £50 just like that! Then after that I noticed friends at work asking me if I needed something from the shop like a snack or a drink, e.t.c which no one ever did ask before.

This power I was feeling inside me started getting stronger as the days went by. Passengers all of a sudden started looking and saying hello to me with a smile on their faces in a certain way as if I had made their day somehow! I knew God was answering my prayers. And I knew definately that the time is now coming for my life to change. And guess what! Miracle after miracle after miracle was happening to me in my life...everything I seem to want just started showing up around me, everywhere I go, everyone around me just liked me for some reason.

Although it's called a secret behind the secret, I don't think it's a secret because a lot of people know about the secret - "The Law of Attraction", but you'll be surprised the amount of people world-wide that don't know about it. If they did know about this secret and became a student to the laws of the universe then everyone would be well-off as I am.

I don't know what the book will do for you because I believe that everyone carries his own cross, everyone has his own belief and Faith. But if you do buy this book and you become a student of Wallace D. Wattles, read this book every day. Keep it with you, even when you become very rich. Commit it to memory. Do not think about other systems and theories.

This powerful little book is intended for the men and women whose most pressing need is for money - for people who wish to get rich first and philosophize afterward. You MUST be ready to control the ancient secret powers. (within you!) I'll say this: This little book is about 'The Power of Prayer' and personally, I think the secret is thousands of years old. The object of all life is development. It is not possible to live a really complete or successful life unless one is rich.

There is a POWER which never fails to present opportunity to the Advancing Man who is moving in obedience to the Law. God cannot help helping you if you ACT IN A CERTAIN WAY. He must do so in order to help himself.