4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent alternative learning
I bought this CD last week and have listened to most of it in the car to/from work.

Essentially, what you get is a Spanish woman teaching an English man in time to some occaisionally dodgey music. Topics covered range from counting, to asking for a coffee to talking about yourself and making plans.

This method of learning will appeal to those of us...
Published on 29 Aug 2006 by R. F. Usher

3.0 out of 5 stars only for begginers
A pleasant way of learning some basic Spanish phrases. Only really suitable for beginners, and aimed firmly at European Spanish. Don't pay any attention to the English mans pronunciation of the Spanish words, it is quite often wrong and a bit off putting.
Published on 22 Feb 2007 by S. watts

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent alternative learning, 29 Aug 2006
R. F. Usher "Kinobi-kid" (London) - See all my reviews

This method of learning will appeal to those of us who are predominantly left brained as it uses a mixture of repition and subconcious application to embed words and phrases in your mind. If you are the kind of person who struggles to learn from text books or standard methods of teaching, this may well suit you down to the ground. I have another spanish CD in my car which takes quite a bit of concentration to learn from. With this, it almost becomes background and, I'm sure over time, will afix itself in my head.

The only bad point is that they do not appear to do an intermediate or advanced version of this. I suppose they think that once you've got the basics you're better placed to learn the rest. I did a year of evening classes two years ago and so this was a good reminder, albeit sometimes a bit basic.

I don't get to use Spanish in my everyday life so any background reminder is welcome, even if you kind of know it already. Plus learning in the car is the perfect way to make the most of your time.

In summary, I would recommend this to all begginers and those who'd like to refresh their basic knowledge.

Well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 8 April 2006
Simon Downing "BigD" (Huddersfield, West Yorkshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Tried this on a whim and its great!
I listen to it whilst stuck in traffic in my car, the way its set to music really helps you to pick it up (like song lyrics, sort of!). It's got lots of useful phrases and explanations and the accompanying inlay has it all written out. I'm looking forward to volume 2, for more of a challenge!
The different tracks are useful covering situations from eating out and ordering to asking the time. I'd recommend it for anyone wanting to start from scratch - it'd be great for holidays sticking it on your ipod. I'm off the Spain in the summer and feel confident to use what I've picked up.

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal for beginners, 8 Mar 2007
Kyle J. Spruce (Guernsey) - See all my reviews
if you want to learn some basic Spanish quickly and easily, buy this CD. It works. I picked up words quickly and even after 6 months of not listening to the cd, I can still recall the words and was able to understand the words being used when i was in Spain. It works. Nuff said. I hope that Amazon get volume 2 in soon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Way to learn., 16 Mar 2007
J. Minchinton (UK.) - See all my reviews
I've just bought this course and love it! Ever since I read of Earworms in the times I have been thinking about trying it out. Now I am thinking of trying the Russian tape when it comes out. The technique is really great. At last someone has understood how to engage the learner by repeating everyday phrases to music. Both the voice and the music are pleasant. At the end of each track the Spanish lady encourages her English counterpart to try a few words in spanish and the listener is automatically moved to do the same. Very clever. I feel that I retain much more than with Pimsleur and Michel Thomas , both of which I have also tried. This is the kind of missing link-it bolsters the other two. My partner and I travel a lot and this is a very practical way to prepare for trips.

3.0 out of 5 stars only for begginers, 22 Feb 2007
S. watts (England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing spanish, 3 Nov 2005
By A Customer
I found this way of learning a language very easy and helpful. The music is kind to the ear, not intrusive and helps to memorize the phrases. I like the repetitiveness of the phrases and found the booklet a great tool to visualize the words and the phonetics helpful with pronunciation. I play the CD in the car with the kids 14, 12, 9, 7. They find it simple and fun to practice.
I'm looking forward to the French version!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic way to learn, 8 April 2008
I bought this last week and it's brilliant - I've just ordered the second volume. It totally suits my way of learning and is very easy to use. it does work rapidly and is much more pleasnt to listen to than those dreadful CD's with mock conversations in them. i'm really enjoying using it. HIghly effective - would recommend! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked on learning!, 2 Nov 2005
By A Customer
I've been looking for something like this for years. Just simple phrases repeated and repeated so that you pick them up automatically. With other courses I've tried, they soon get boring-the clever thing about this is, the music keeps you listening. I already know a lot of the phrases after listening just a couple of times. My eight year old listens along and has picked up quite a few words which he speaks in a perfect Spanish accent. Such a simple idea but it really works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Earworms Spanish, 14 April 2009
Learning Spanish, we have tried various CD's & books and this is by far the better one to learn from.

Jeffers

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 21 Nov 2006
This is so easy to learn, simply stick it in the car and away you go.

It's so easy to learn and requires no effort whatsoever rfom the listener.

My daughters even put it to use on our last holiday just by listening to the CD when they've been in the car.

I am looking forward to getting my hands on volume 2 to enhance my spoken Spanish for our next holiday in Spain.

Thanks Earworms, a real gem and great value for money

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›