5.0 out of 5 stars Success Principles audio review
Published on 6 Sept. 2009 by Rachael Martin

2.0 out of 5 stars Rip-off
I bought this audio book as I spend a lot of time driving and thought it would be the best way to "read" the book. Within seconds of it playing, Jack Canfield tells you that this audio version is not a full representation of his book, and to get all the info you should buy the book !!! - rip-off !!!.

Nowhere does it tell you this either - unhappy chappy.
Published on 24 Jan. 2013 by Cheekyfork

5.0 out of 5 stars Success Principles audio review, 6 Sept. 2009
I intentional chose an audio book which was definitely a benefit. I can listen to Jack Canfields voice and really absorb what he was saying. I took notes as I went along and found the audio a fantastic option as I could go back and re listen if I missed something. I like Jack Canfields style and he backs up his principles with lots of examples which helps you to search your own life to find examples that make sense to you. It is a must for anyone seriously considering making changes to their lives now and not to wait for tomorrows.

The audio book does skip some of the principles but you get the majority of the 64 principles in the book. They are easy to understand and easy to apply, you just have to believe now in yourself and your capabilities.

I recommend this audio to every person who is serious about change. It is a book / audio recommended by many life coaches like myself.

Remember what you expect is what you get, and act now as if you have achieved your success, whatever success is to you.

regards
Rachael Martin
Wellness Coach and Reiki Master

[]

5.0 out of 5 stars The Principal Success Book, 15 Jan. 2005
By A Customer
If you like personal development books, you really must add this to your collection. If this is the first such book you have thought of buying, then you may never need to buy another one.
The content is pretty similar to most other self-help guides to high achievement, but it does manage to pack in an awful lot of ideas and advice into fewer than 500 pages. And a basic premise of the book, which Canfield stresses, is that there is nothing new about the 'laws of success', it is our persistence in applying the rules that gets results. (Of course, that idea is also in most of the other books!)
The book's strong point (or weak point, depending on your taste) is the style of presentation.
You will love this book if you like your inspirational advice accompanied by lots of pithy positive quotations and 'feel-good stories' - indeed, if you liked anything in the 'Chicken Soup for the Soul' series. You also need to be happy with American admiration for the self-made man, and the kind of directness about success which the British sometimes see as boasting.
If you want to get a broader picture of the book, I suggest you read the reader reviews on the Amazon site for the United States - a huge number, and predominantly ultra-positive.
At the price that Amazon are currently charging, this is a wonderful bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 30 Aug. 2010
This is probably the best book on how to achieve success on the market.
It is written in plain simple layman's language. Holds your attention very
well and gives many practical examples. It gives practical and realistic advice
on how to set goals, reach targets and achieve success in all areas of your
life. For anyone who is serious about achieving success in any area of life the
lessons in this book are invaluable. Enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Success Principles, 1 Mar. 2009
Mrs. Marilyn Bennett "www.spiritual-pursuits.com" (scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Hey everyone you have to read this one if you have not already done so. Fantastic. Yup, we all know that we are responsible for everything that happens and that we create our world, but even I who have been in this sort of business for years had not fully taken charge of myself and realised that I was responsible for everything and that I was not a victim of anyone. By my silence on various issues I gave full consent for the treatment meted out. This book will hit you between the eyes on not only your power but also what you have been allowing to be done. It is full of exercises and plain old commonsense. An eye opener if ever I have read one. You literally will not be the same after reading this. You will monitor yourself and not be afraid to speak up for yourself. Brilliant, mind blowing stuff. As you do the exercises you will wonder why you have done the things you have done and you will see your world in a completely different way. If they had a higher star rating I would have given it more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 29 Sept. 2008
I have never read self help books before I came across this when I was bored at work and there is a book department. I think it is very well written and sounds so cliche but changed my life lol. There are issues in this book that I never thought of like how you end up like the people you sorround yourself with. This book covers nearly every aspect of your life not just money making but forgiving etc.

If your not convinced wether this is a good book or not go to jack canfield's website and it allows you to download the first two chapters for free

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Stuff, 4 Sept. 2008
L. Farrow (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
Whilst waiting for a delayed flight back to the UK from New York I wondered into the bookshop within the teminal to browse and kill some time. I had never owned a book of this type and had no intention of buying one until I read a few pages and before I realized it I was hooked. I could not leave the shop without it.

It is a book that I constantly refer to, it'a book you just want to tell everyone to read.

Since reading this I have read a few of the Chicken Soup books and find them a little 'American' but still good stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thought & action provoking read !, 21 Sept. 2006
I would not consider myself an impressionable type but having been engrossed from cover to cover, I still keep this book close by for reference and do occasionally re-read the odd chapter to top up the fix.

Unlike some of the other reviewers here this was my first read of this genre and having had it bought for me by a business associate I am truly grateful!

There are dozens of other sources for such self help/ inspirational material, some of which I have now read, but Jack has without doubt consolidated all of it (or atleast the useful stuff) and not only brought it bang up to date but delivers it in such useable terms that I found it a pleasure to read.

Yes it's American in its flavour and he does mention Chicken Soup for the Soul on most pages, but I did find those references to be entirely in context with the point being made, which only cemented the premise of this book that by applying its principles you can enjoy sweeter fruit if it's not sweet enough as it is!

I felt the above Reviewers "If you like personal development books, you really must add this to your collection. If this is the first such book you have thought of buying, then you may never need to buy another one", sums things up nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps you sculpt a better a life, 7 Nov. 2010
When a sculpturer chips away at the stone are they simply just revealing what is already there or are they creating something new? That is how I found this book, it makes you take a look at yourself and how you will proceed to the finished product and by use of the tools given it is up to you whether you reveal something that was always there or create something new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Self help success, 14 July 2009
I am a bit sceptical about self help books - they all seem to say the same thing, but I heard an interview with Jack Canfield on Passion for the Planet and it impressed me, so I thought I'd give it a try. I am really pleased I did. It's an excellent book full of useful advice, ideas and exercises. A friend and I have been working through it month by month and I can say that I have found it very helpful. This isn't the usual self help wishy-washy stuff - it's practical and down to earth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest Opinion, 16 July 2010
I'm always sceptical of reading glowing reviews as I always think they have come from the author/publisher... but this book has a very real power to change your life.

It's not mumbo jumbo, instead it just talks common sense about where you are and where you want to be... and you end up realising that it is only YOU and your low self-esteem/lack of encouragement etc. etc. that is holding you back from literally asking for or achieving anything you want in life.

I am nowhere near at the point where I am putting the principles into practice on a daily basis - I'm lazy and as prone to settling into my comfort zone as the next man - but after reading the book once I asked for a meeting with my two managing directors (a big deal to do that!) and asked for a £5k pay rise. I never would have dreamed of doing that without the book helping to organise my thoughts and allowing me to see what I am worth.

It's the only self-help book I have bought and I dip into it constantly. But if you are more principled than me and REALLY stick to the principles I think you'll be amazed at what happens.

Anyway, that's my honest review. I think it says in the book that these kind of principles should be taught in schools, and I can't see why they are not!

p.s. they gave me £4k!