5.0 out of 5 stars Not Laughed Like This In Ages
I think Alan Carr is hilarious, I gather he is a bit like marmite in the fact that some people love him and some people hate him. I did wonder what an autobiography of his would entail as he isn't old. I knew it would be funny, and I was proved right on that. I haven't laughed out loud on a tube so much reading a book ever, the looks I was getting were something special...
Published on 30 Jan 2009 by Simon Savidge Reads

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit slow
Slow at the start
Didnt get interesting till at least half way through.

Think the audia version would be better as Alan had à unique voice
Published 7 months ago by Mr Leon J Cierech

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 27 May 2009
I really enjoyed this book. He really is quite self-deprecating! I found it really interesting to learn how he worked his way up in the comedy world, especially after all those awful dead-end jobs! I thought it was very honest, and yes you can hear him saying it all! I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars almost wet myself, 9 Oct 2008
Scottish Footie - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
My partner wouldn't let me read this in bed because I was laughing so much. Waking the whole house, really.

He's a gem, Alan. So many strange and wonderful stories--I'm surprised he's so normal. And the picture sections are some of the best bits. Loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Sep 2014
good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Aug 2014
Good Book

1.0 out of 5 stars So dissapointing, 21 May 2011
I was really disappointed with Alan's book. I love listening to him on the radio and find him really funny. However, his autobiography was exactly the same story as most people who have been to Uni. Go to Uni, doss about with friends for three years, go travelling, get a job in a call centre before finally settling down and finding something you love. Alan's story wasn't all that different and didn't make me laugh. I found it boring. Sorry Alan but you didn't do it for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 29 Aug 2014
Loved it

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy but muddled, 27 July 2009
I enjoyed the book, but it was a bit of a muddle, tended to get a bit lost in the facts as to where he was what he was doing.........light and quite entertaining easy quick read.

5.0 out of 5 stars FUNNY, 14 April 2009
Mj Ferguson (uk) - See all my reviews
HE IS SOME LAD THIS ONE I TELL YOU,I WAS NEVER A FAN OF HIM AT ALL BUT AFTER READING THIS I AM,VERY FUNNY MAN INDEED WELL WORTH A LOOK

4.0 out of 5 stars Alan you Tart, 30 April 2009
Darren Willingale (UK) - See all my reviews
The book is quite good especially about the call centre and the places where he has worked, but he can be a bit naughty speaking about his sexual activites which I was surprised to hear about.

He makes you laugh when he talks about all his friends etc and how he has come a long way from being a data op.

The book is a good buy if you like reading about other peoples filth but if you are offended in any way this book may not be for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars The most disappointing book I have ever read, 24 Oct 2011
A. Wingrave "MarginWalker" (London) - See all my reviews
I read this book to help me stop smoking after being referred to it by a friend. Aside from the odd obscure reference, Mr. Carr very rarely talked about fags, or how to quit sucking on them. All in all, I was very disappointed and, if you want to stop smoking, I'd go buy some Nicorette because this book will not help you to stop.

As soon as I finished, I think I wanted a cigarette more than ever before. A waste of money. A waste of time. Gradually as I read this book, I realised that all my life I had been smoking lights, when really, I wanted a stronger cigarette. So now I'm on the Marlboro Reds - 60 a day. A much more satisfying habit than the puny 20-a-day habit I had before opening this

So really, I'd like to thank Mr. Carr for making me realise that cigarettes are a fantastic way to relieve the nauseous feeling he gives me. I've found that I can apply it to all facets of my life with great ease!

Thank-you Alan, you odd little man!