5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling reading - I got stuck to this book!
I can't believe I'm the first person to review this book!

It's a shame that this book hasn't found a wider audience. I have seen this book positioned in book shops as a 'business' book. But it's actually a book that is appropriate for absolutely anyone who wants to know how to create more compelling messages. You could be a teacher who wants to make your...
Published on 12 Sep 2008 by Alex

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing ~ doesn't say anything new
I really wanted to like this book, I'd heard good things about it. But for me, it fails to deliver. The authors identify a number of traits that make ideas 'sticky', but then spend way too much space on each of these areas without adding much value. Most of the content seemed to either be common sense or a repeat of anecdotes, stories and obsevations that you'll have seen...
Published on 18 Sep 2008 by M. Donohoe

5.0 out of 5 stars So sticky I couldn't put it down!, 3 Mar 2014
Thought provoking stuff from chip and dan. Full of useful anecdotes to bring to life their message on how to make ideas stick

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth your time., 12 Jan 2014
it is a while ago when I bought this item and have read it carefully.
Somehow I was expecting more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Preaching, 23 Mar 2013
This was recommended to us by our tutor as pre- reading for the module of our course and was an interesting read- simple to get into and quite amusing in places

5.0 out of 5 stars A great tool for any communicator, 9 Jan 2011
Mr (LONDON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I would thoroughly recommend this very readable book for anybody involved in or associated with communications of any kind. It gives you a simple framework to make your communications much more effective. But be warned, people will resist your ideas so you will need to be persuasive or billigerent! A great read though and some useful and entertaining anecdotes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, a masterpiece!!! Highly recomendable, 2 Nov 2009
I found this book by chance reading the blog of Garr Reynolds and it was an amazing experience. I have read it at least twice, I have underlined half of the book and I never lose an opportunity to get a quick glance.

It's full of stories, but really useful for anyone who uses powerpoint or gives a presentation every now and then. In fact I am a pharmacist, but it has been crucial in my way of delivering lectures. It is the best book about IDEAS and how they "stick" you could choose.

Don't miss the SUCCESs rule!

3.0 out of 5 stars The idea roars, the book bores, 4 Jan 2012
Basically, the idea that Chip and Dan Heath want to convey with their book ist good and feels right, but the way they present it is utterly flawed.

But first things first: As a writer myself, I am always looking for literature that helps me improve my writing, be it in the creation of a good story idea or in the final editing of the text. The concept that the authors present is a good one and I have already applied it for the writing of blurbs. However, I never actually read the whole book. After about 80 pages I started to feel bored since the authors did their best to avoid being "concrete". Every two or three pages the authors pose the question: "How do we accomplish that? How can we make our ideas simple/unexpected/concrete/credible/emotional/story-like?" But instead of answering the question they give you an example, followed by the words: "This was how someone else accomplished it. So how do WE accomplish that?" Followed by yet another example, and so on, ad infinitum, until you hit the end of the chapter.

So I decided to skip to the epilogue, hoping to find a precise summary to their concept there that moves away from the seemingly aimless babbling of the preceeding chapters. However, the first thing the authors presented me with in the epilogue was yet another example. So I closed the book.

Fortunately, the SUCCESs concept of the Heath brothers ist not too hard to grasp for someone with brains, so I did figure it out easily despite the authors every effort to bore me to death while reading the book. So the only thing I am willing to award some stars for is the idea concept presented in the book which is pretty good and useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Making your message memorable, 3 May 2010
This is a great book to buy if you need people to remember what you have to say. It's easy to read and contains lots of great examples. The ideas also work in practice. I would recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars One reading will change how you package your ideas for good, 30 Oct 2009
This book uses examples of the authors' principals to teach you. Kind of using a pattern to teach a pattern. It works. Take an old packaging of an idea you have tried to get to stick, then apply the book's principals and see which is more likely to stick. Bets are on that it is the revision after you read the book.

3.0 out of 5 stars I got lost in the details, 21 Jun 2011
It does go into great detail to explain why ideas stick but i found myself forgetting what the book was about at times, i know that its not a business book its popular psychology and some readers might appreciate the detail that it goes into.

By the time i had read a chapter i had difficulty remembering the points of the chapter.

Although the book is titled Made To Stick, its ironic that i didn't succeed in getting what i had read to stick in my mind.