4.0 out of 5 stars CHICKEN SOUP!, 30 Sep 2007
L. Halfpenny "I love amazon" (Cumbernauld, Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I felt that the chicken soup book for the PRETEEN soul was a little too young for 9-13 year olds because I am 11 turning 12 and it was really saying "I don't know whether I'm into dolls or make-up!" and because I'm 11 I can safely say I am well past the dolls stage!So I would reccomend this book for 9-10yrs but as for an 11,12 or 13 year old well.........

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational!, 15 Feb 2006
It hasn't been easy over the years to encourage my 12 year-old daughter to read but she was completely gripped by Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul Vol 1! So many wonderful and inspirational true stories, poems and messages written by youngsters around her own age which captured her imagination perfectly. The short passages were perfect for a quick read when travelling and at bedtime and probably suited her short attention span rather well. It was a bonus that she also read some of the stories out loud for me just as she did as a little girl. Great book and we are looking forward to receiving Volume 2 before progressing to the 'Teenage' books!

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup For The Preteen Soul, 24 Oct 2006
E. Turton "Emz" (UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic - My 10 year old son couldn't put this book down. A really inspirational read. I have seen a real change in his personality since reading this book , he now believes he can do anything he puts his mind too. A must for every childs bookcase - highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for Young Teenagers, 13 Dec 2010
My English teenager regularly reads these stories written by young teenagers in the United States. She reads this book in bed at night. There are some sad stories, but all are ultimately uplifting and with postive lessons to help us appreciate life. Yes the stories are set in the United States but to me it is good that my daughter gets an insight into other cultures and benefits from the stories.