5.0 out of 5 stars Interference free enjoyment
I read a few reviews to check if I'd be adding anything new, and decided to make a few comments;
they do hug to the ears quite heavily which can be a bit uncomfortable for extended use, but the plus side is they do block out a fair amount of ambient noise.
Published on 1 Jan 2011 by M. Chang

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
The sound quality is relaxed and balanced, the headphones are comfortable and light and they don't hiss crackle or pop.
However, please don't think you can wander around within 20mtrs of the base station and get perfect reception: you can't.
Published on 28 Sep 2010 by Rug

5.0 out of 5 stars Interference free enjoyment, 1 Jan 2011
M. Chang "generationnexus" (UK, London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser RS 160 Over-Ear Wireless Over-Ear Headphones - Black (Electronics)
The issue I had was with a previous set of Sennheiser Wireless headphones, the RS120s where I had to keep retuning them and got terrible inteference at times. I was using them to listen to music and films on an iMac with loads of mobiles, pagers GPS devices nearby so maybe I was just asking too much. After only a few days I gave up and found out about Kleer technology which these use. At a Richer Sounds they thought the model up, the RS180 had Kleer and the RS160 didn't but that isn't correct (Even the Sennheiser site doesn't list the RS160 as Kleer when you search). The box clearly said it does, as does the manual and from owning a set I can testify that is the case. With Kleer you get zero interference and it's a technology that has a wider bandwidth than Bluetooth so can actually provide CD quality sound.
The range of thse is good as I can go downstairs and still hear them fine and live in a house with thick walls. I can find the limits of the range if I go into the kitchen though. Not an issue for me, but the RS180 has a longer range if you need it.
I really bought them to listen to films late at night but love them so much I find myself listening to music through them and being able to walk around and always have sounds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser must have listened to me!!!, 27 May 2011
the Smart (uk) - See all my reviews
Some women collect shoes I collect headphones. For some years I have been on a quest to find the very best wireless headphones on a limited buget. (These were a gift!)
Things to consider befor buying. You will never get a sound from wireless headphones to compare with really good wired headphones. (Having said that, listening to mp3 files, the RS160 sound better than my elderly bose wired headphones, but movies do not.)
SOUND... Apart from saying that although I was happy with the sound of the RS130 especially the surround sound, the sound of RS160 is in a different class, much better qualiy all round. I am not going to discuss sound in detail, there are hundreds of reviews that discuss sound, in my view sound sound is so personal and depends so much on the type of music you prefer and what you are going to use them for, sound reviews are at best a guideline.
BASE STATION....RANGE.. No longer big and ugly, now small and pretty, and totally portable, no longer will you have to test the range (unless you are listening on a pc / Tv)..just put some batteries in it and take the base station and your mp3 player with you, fits nicely in your handbag or medium size pocket. If you are listening on a pc etc the range of the RS 160 is less than the RS130, although the RS160's just about reached my greenhouse 100 feet away they cut out when I moved, so if you are going to near the max of the range you will have to stand /sit still!!!
COMFORT...Sennheiser! this is where you have lost it, gone are the lovely velvet surrounds on the headphones, replaced by plastic that will not be good in the heat and will not wear as well as the velvet, and sadly although just ok, they are not as comfortable, I often kept the RS 130's on for 15 hours at a time, the RS160's are smaller and tend to press on the top of the head even when extended.
PRO'S...PORTABILITY..SOUND..(the best wireless headphones under 100 by a mile) BATTERY LIFE.. About the same as previous models all day and most of the night, RANGE..Still very good even if not quite as good as previous models. WHEN THE SOUND SOURCE STOPS..Gone is the hiss of the RS 120 and the Beep beep of RS130, now there is just silence..perfect!
CONS...MATERIAL.. used for the earpiece surround ...COMFORT... Smaller and not nearly as comfortable as previous models.
CONCLUSION.. These are great sounding headphones, with amazing portability, the comfort is what loses them a star. So I am still searching for those illusive wireless headphones on a budget, that merit Five Stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Headphones, 23 Aug 2010
Great sound, easy set up and you recharge the headphones and sender unit from one charger. Also a neat touch, you can run the sender on it's batteries so less wires unless you need them. Comfortable to wear and a good range. The closed backs means you can use them in the same room as someone reading or listening to another source.

Note, the sender unit has a 3.5mm mini stereo jack so you will need an adaptor for 6.35mm 1/4" standard stereo sockets on most AV Amps etc.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Sep 2010
You can get up to nearly 30mtrs 'line of sight' but inside the house realistically, they'll work really well up to about 8mtrs most of the time through a door or maybe a wall but cut out as you pass a corner, or a cupboard, or sometimes when you turn your head a fraction. It's almost impossible to predict exactly where they will or won't work and some pieces of architecture have a much greater effect than others. You find yourself doing things like going into the kitchen for a coffee and standing on one leg leaning sideways to keep reception.
They're too expensive to be used just for watching TV or lying down and the cheap IR ones will do just as well for that if you don't want to move, so I'm not really sure what market they are for.
I really thought they would work well up to 20 mtrs and that would have been perfect for me. It's probably just my misunderstanding, but I wouldn't have bought them if I'd known you can't really use them to walk around more than just the immediate vicinity so be warned.

I've come back to this review now I've had the headphones for several months to say I've finally given up on them and I'm going to replace them.
It's not just the irritating reception, I've also never got used to the on off switch. Having 3 functions, it's very difficult to tell when they are switched off and you really need to come back after a few minutes to see whether the light is flashing and made sure. Even when you really concentrate and think carefully about switching them off, you'll still come back and find them flashing away.
I've lost count of the times I've left them on charge to find they haven't charged because they are still on.
I hate the volume control too. Others said it's impossible to adjust without taking the headphones off and looking at them and I thought that was an exaggeration and I would get used to them. Well, they are right you really need to look at them to adjust them.
Another small problem that developed is the battery box door on the base station became loose over time. This doesn't sound much but then one of the batteries slips with the consequence being you take it back to wherever your charging leads are and unless you put it down extremely carefully, a battery will mis-align and give you another reason to find it's still dead when you come back to use it.
Overall if you decide to give them a try, realize that whatever you do with them you will have to think about and pay attention to. You can't just use them, walk around, put them down, pick them up etc., without having to think carefully about what you are doing and I just hate kit like that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones, 9 April 2010
Kengol (Wirral, UK) - See all my reviews
OK here's the story. My 92 year old mother has a 3 year old hearing aid, which is fine for talking to other people but no use for the television. She couldn't pick up women's tones or if someone spoke too quickly. We were advised initially to go for a new up-to-date hearing aid, which was valued at over 2000 pounds. This was better but still not good enough. Then another hearing aid salesman came and suggested we try headphones before we start considering splashing out loads of money on another hearing aid. Having owned a brilliant pair of Sennheiser headphones in the 70's I decided to start my investigation there. The thing that made me choose this one was the Kleer Voice. So I ordered them and to see my mother smile after she put the headphones on was worth every penny spent. She now hears EVERYTHING. If you know anyone in a similar situation then I highly recommend these headphones. The only downside is that when the receiver is plugged into the headphone socket on the TV it kills the sound for anyone else in the room. That is unless you have a dual sound TV which will work fine. As my TV, although only just over 12 months old, didn't have dual sound, I hooked up my hi-fi speakers along with an amplifier and used phono leads from the amp to the sound in sockets on the back of the TV.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sennheiser RS 160 wireles headphones, 21 Mar 2011
Mr. Paul F. Ricketts "Rocky" (High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire,UK) - See all my reviews
I purchsed these wireless headphones to help with my deteriorating hearing when watching TV. They have lived up to expectations and the sound quality is excellent.I would recommend them to anyone in the same situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars The sweet spot in wireless headphones, 19 Aug 2012
Dr, R. Cipriani "tcipriani" (Cork, Ireland) - See all my reviews
I bought the Sennheiser RS 160 eight weeks ago and I nor my wife can't be happier. Me, due to the fact that I can listen to my shows late at night, and her because she can't hear the TV and can sleep.

Amazon did a great job on the delivery. The package arrived within 4 days of ordering. It came in the usual Amazon brown box. Within that was the Sennheiser box (clear packaging). In the box were the pair of headphones, the base unit, eneloop batteries for the headphones, 3.5mm cable for the tv connection and the universal power adaptor with multiple outlet plug types.

Setup was a cinch. Simply put the batteries in the headphones. Connect the TV to the base unit. Turn on and that's it.
Now to confirm and rebuke some other reviews of this headphone package. I think that whilst the advertised distance is only 20m compared to the RS170 and RS180 100m I get great reception throughout my house. Unless you have a very large house and intend to move around or go outside with the headphones it is more than sufficient. The Kleer technology works as advertised and I can get up to go to the kitchen and bathroom without the sound cutting out or having interference.

Whilst there is no dedicated stand for the headphones, the entire package is really compact (I hide the headphones behind the TV so my 2 year old doesn't see it). Charging the headphones means either pluging the base units adaptor into the right earpiece or removing the batteries to charge them in your own charger. Battery life is very good lasting several days of intermittent use a few hours at a time (at no time did the batteries die with my use).

Some of the reviews mention a buzz or humming noise during silent periods. Yes, there is that noise however that is eliminated if you turn down the volume on the headphone controls (which are on the right earpiece) and control the volume through the TV or sound source. Once this is done I could not hear any buzzing whatsoever.

Finally with regard to the sound quality it is very good. I found it to be weighted to be a little "bassy" at times but it fits with watching tv and hearing explosions etc on it. A wired headset at the same price point may give a superior sound for music but in terms of a general wireless listening device it is very good. When compared to the other headphones and prices on the market I think that this is the best compromise currently available and would definitely buy again if I had to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent headphones, 18 Nov 2010
These are excellent as regards top quality realistic sound for music or tv/vocals. The mobile wireless capability is great, very much pocket size. Ideal for garden/ car/hotel/kitchen etc. The only reason I didn't rate them as five star is that they become slightjy uncomfortable after about an hour but i'll live with that for the good points.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 16 Oct 2010
Getting on a bit and a little hard of hearing. Emailed Sennheiser with a technical problem re: RCA adapters and got an immediate response and an invitation to use a direct contact at any time. A brilliant service which convinced me I wanted to deal with this company. Purchased the headphones and am not disappointed. They bring out the spoken voice from American films with ease I can even understand Clint Eastwood - yes they're that good! Would highly recommend

Have returned to my original review since I have used this item for over 12 months now and want to add the following: these headphones are as good now as they were 12 months ago and my son in law was so impressed he bought his own set. My wife also loves to use them. I can still understand Clint Eastwood and Sylvester Stallone sounds positively eloquent -yep they're still that good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Heaven, 12 July 2011
I bought these headphones as a replacement for my old turtlebeach X11s which had about 2 million miles of cable. I was a bit unsure, as I am always about buying headphones, that they might not fit well due to my big head however they fit very well (they stretch out or not depending on your head size) and can have them on for long periods at a time.

As some reviews mention they are plastic however it feels thick and sturdy but flexible. the earpads are EXTREMELY soft which is great. I would also like to mention don't think you can plug the charge cable and use it, the cable is very small and unless you have a power supply close to where you are going to sit its not going to work.

Now lets talk interference, I used to get a low buzz on my old turtlebeaches so, from what I heard about wireless headphones, I was expecting something similiar especially with six sources of wireless frequencies bouncing around in my room alone however I heard NOTHING when I plugged these in which is absolutely amazing.

Sound quality is what I expected from these, the bass isn't as full as the other, newer ones (I would guess and from what i've read) but it is still there and it does sound good with bassy dance music for example and I think you get what you pay for. I use these for a range of things like films, gaming, music and these do them perfectly.

Setting up is pretty easy however for some reason my browser kept freezing when trying to open up the instruction manual from the disc so I had to find one on the internet. But just make sure you read the manual because they have some important points on there.

batteries, I haven't used them for 20+ hours straight so I don't know where the limit is but rather than find out I bought a battery charger and switch batteries around every day rather than use the charger provided.

Range: this is probably the most important thing in my review to some people and something I had tested in my first day. I can make it down my stairs and to the door of my kitchen, I can also enter every room upstairs without any problem. considering its suppose to be line of sight I was very suprised and happy. however don't expect that to be the case for you. I have thin walls which helps, you have to consider what your house is like and what you expect from these.

Overall this is the easiest 5 stars I've had to give a product. I'm so happy with it, the only problem I have now is going to be getting used to not having the cable hanging there all the time!