Size: 7 UK|Colour: Black|Change
Price:£71.00+ Free shipping

on 31 January 2013
I very rarely write reviews but felt compelled to comment about the sellers Customer Service.

I purchased a pair of Wellies over 12 months ago which developed a problem. Their Customer Service Department was great. They were very professional and I was extremely happy with the outcome.
on 27 July 2012
Have just returned my 2nd pair of Hunters back to the supplier within the last 18 months, my first pair split after 8 months and the 2nd after only 4 months. Back in the day you could buy a pair of quality Hunters and they would last you years but I'm told now that they don't even manufacture them in this country any more, China springs to mind. I've now given up on them totally and have purchased (at a little extra cost) a pair of country boots, which are a leather version of wellies, and completely waterproof, hopefully these should last me a bit longer.
on 4 July 2015
Terrible, as others have found these simply do not last and Amazon does not appear to support the refunds (Edit - THEY DO and have refunded and arranged collection, excellent service!). The traditional green ones we have are fine, but the coloured ones are terrible (this is the second pair to do this!). They are less than two months old, probably used 8 times!
review image
on 3 January 2014
As a long-time welly wearer I always bought Hunter wellies. They were a good fit and comfortable and lasted a number of years before needing to be replaced. This justified the large price tag. Hunters I've purchased in the last few years are still a good fit and comfortable but they just don't last any more - maybe a year or two if you're lucky. The reviews on here bear this out. The reason is simple: just look at the bit on the history of Hunter wellies on this site. Hunter moved production overseas to save money but didn't ensure that their new manufacturing sites in the far east and eastern Europe maintained the same quality and production values as their Scottish factory used to - they were happy to maintain the high price tags and keep taking the money paid by a growing number of unhappy customers though. By now you'd have thought they'd have got the message but it seems not. Out local agricultural supplier stopped stocking them a couple of years back as they were fed up with the complaints.

The moral of all this is to only buy Hunters if:

a) you can get them cheaply enough so that the comfort/style factor is a good trade off for the limited lifespan.
b) you are a festival goer so only get your wellies out for 6 or 7 days a year - if you are a dog walker/horse rider etc forget it!
on 15 April 2011
Great product. Have had many pairs over the years and are so comfortable to wear for dog walking a couple of hours a day.
Highly recommended. Last well, look good. Worth the money.
on 6 April 2013
This is my second pair of Hunter Wellington boots, My last pair lasted 3 years so you can imagine my disappointment when the rubber started to crack on the top of the foot after six months! I would expect this from a £10 pair of boots not £60! initially I was very pleased with the boot they fit well and look good however they now leak!! I have contacted amazon to return the item
on 7 March 2015
Second pair! First pair split within months, lucky they were within warranty. Second pair ordered after refund, had for approx 15mths, these have badly split L and R but now out of warranty time. Really looked after these boots, kept clean and out off sunlight and only used to walk the dog. Thought 'Hunters' were of good quality! Very disappointed.
on 23 November 2012
I was given a pair of Cranberry Gloss wellies for Christmas by my parents. I live in the country and have a regular commute to London which takes me across muddy fields so the Hunters seemed perfect for the dual task.

Witihin weeks of getting them the gloss effect started wearing off, this didnt bother me too much as my feet were still dry! Sadly that didnt last for long. Within 6 months a hole had developed where the upper joined the sole so that I now had to endure wet feet on my commute. They are wellie boots their prime purpose is to keep your feet dry!!

I contacted Hunter customer services, as I mentioned these were a gift from my parents, despite being within the year warranty period they refused to replace them as I had to return them to the point of purchase (my parents were abroad at the time and couldnt rememeber where they had bought them!).

So the moral of the story is Hunters may be pretty but they are of abismal quality and if you are buying some keep the receipt!!

No idea what I will do with my useless pair, they will make a very expensive flower pot, I would say a good looking pair but sadly they are scuffed and distinctly unglossed. Purchase at your peril!
on 23 August 2010
love them! (:
fast delivery too, ordered them and they arrived the next day.
Cant wait to wear them to Leeds fest this week.
on 20 March 2014
After wearing my previous Hunters (made in Scotland) for 27 years I did not hesitate to purchase a new pair. The new ones (made in Indonesia) lasted 4 months before they began to let in water around the seams. VERY DISAPPOINTING! Perhaps Hunter should bring their production back to Scotland and concentrate on quality, not profit, just as it used to be! I won't be buying Hunters again.