4.0 out of 5 stars Enough in one bottle...
Published 18 months ago by kathryne

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe this works if you have a tumble drier??
Published on 19 Aug. 2011 by A I

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe this works if you have a tumble drier??, 19 Aug. 2011
A I (East Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Granger'S Clothing Aerosol Hidrorrepelente Xt Proofer (Sports)
I used this on a Dainese Motorcycle Jacket (fabric) that has gradually started losing its ability to repel water. I gave the jacket a wash in the machine and then while it was still damp I put it onto a coat hanger and liberally applied this product. I then left the jacket for a couple of days to dry. To the best of my knowledge I have followed the instructions correctly although as mentioned in the title I don't have a tumble drier which will apparently make it more effective.

Unfortunately the first time the jacket was tested was in torrential rain on my way to work and I was completely soaked through on the arms and shoulders. The jacket performs much worse that it did before I applied this product but that may be partly due to me having washed the jacket in the machine which will have removed all of the original waterproofing.

I have given this product 2 stars because my experience was not at all good but it was recommended to me by a friend who only has good things to say about it. It is not expensive and I used it as a last ditch effort to avoid having to buy a new jacket so it's a case of nothing ventured nothing gained.

Chances are you will have better luck but I wanted to share my experience none the less.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enough in one bottle..., 7 Jan. 2014
... For one jacket, and the porch under the jacket is still waterproof. Had I been a bright crayon, I'd have had some form of plastic container under the jacket during spraying so I could put the run off back in the bottle to spray on another jacket, and not end up waterproofing the paving stones in the back yard. Unfortunately, for the bottle I bought, I was not the bright crayon I could have been... Maybe next time...

Good stuff. Runs off the jacket like... Water, but waxy water! Husband hasn't complained of being wet in the rain sense using... Although half a season in it could use another dousing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent proofer, made in England!, 6 Dec. 2013
MrsPaul (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is an excellent made-in-England product I have trouble finding at a reasonable price locally (NE Scotland) so I'm well chuffed to find it here! Follow the directions to the letter and you'll stay dry and comfortable in all your foul weather kit. The online site has great directions but the ones on the pump sprayer are good too. If applying to boots you want to clean the boots and dampen with a flannel for the best application - yes, it works on suede (may darken slightly) and textiles!

This order is to re-proof a mac and to plump up the proofing on a pair of snow boots but I ordered two so I could also re-proof my hill walking boots and all of my husband's Gore-Tex kit. It works on just about anything wanting weather-proofing from boots to sunshades.

I bought from UK Shoes Retail and I highly recommend the seller for outstanding customer service, product availability, and super fast delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great water proofer, 13 Mar. 2011
Just washed my coats and sprayed them with Grangers proofer. I works great the water just runs off. Great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for Goretex, 19 Dec. 2012
I am using this every year before my annual skiing holiday. It works a treat but am still on my first bottle. I wont hesitate to get a new next year.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, 25 Mar. 2013
Used other waterproofers and I think this has the edge although I never find any of them 100% but I do have heavy use of clothes in all weathers.

5.0 out of 5 stars all good here, 27 Jun. 2011
easy to use and works a treat for water proofing if you follow the instructions, keeps my 500 quid ski jacket lookin new after a few years of heavy duty use and thats all i want really

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very good, 5 Mar. 2013
G. Bilton - See all my reviews
Yet another reproofing spray that doesnt work. I used it as per the instructions but it didn't keep my jacket waterproofed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 22 April 2014
Great product compliments the shampoo. Was a bit dubious of putting my jacket in the dryer for 40 mins but worked a great

3.0 out of 5 stars Re-proofing waterproof trousers., 14 Feb. 2013
Did the job but was difficult to apply - needed a level flat surface as it was inclined to run off.

Grangers XT Spray on Proofer - Black, 275ml