5.0 out of 5 stars Super spinning suitcase
Published on 6 Feb 2012 by Princess Fiona

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible customer service
I bought a samsonite suitcase with a faulty lock from this company. It was under warrantee but Sue at customer services would not returned my calls or give me a solution. Her emails were not helpful and and I am left with a faulty suitcase.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
Published 22 months ago by joti

5.0 out of 5 stars Super spinning suitcase, 6 Feb 2012
Fab case. Bright colour means you can see it easily on the carousel too. Protects the contents with the harder material used. We dive and ski so this case protects our dive gear and ski helmet & boots etc. It's so easy to wheel along in the airport especially when carrying skis too. This case also has clips to fasten it which I like as lots of similar cases on the market have zip fasteners that surely must come away from the case eventually so therefore will not last as long I'm sure. All in all, this case is worth the extra cost because of these features.

1.0 out of 5 stars terrible customer service, 12 Dec 2012
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

3.0 out of 5 stars Fiddly Lock mechanism, 18 Sep 2012
Mr. C. Ingram - See all my reviews
After using Samsonite suitcases for years, I needed to buy a suitcase that came with wheels, due to my now being a 'pensioner' and not as strong as I used to be.

This case seemed the best choice for my wife and I, being the correct size for both our clothes needed for our 2 week trip.

Sadly the locking mechanism does not work correctly and having looked at other Samsonite cases in John Lewis, it is clear that the mechanism on this case is not of a good design.

It neither remained closed or locked and then decided to do so, but jammed. Sitting on the empty case resulted in it popping open despite being locked!

I am currentyl attempting to get a refund from the seller, with not much luck to say the least.

From my experience, this is unusual for Samsonite suitcases and so this may well be a faulty case, if not a bad design.

My advice to a potential buyer - go to your local John Lewis and buy direct in order to ensure the locking mechanism works.

Unlike this seller, John Lewis after sales care is excellent!

I rated the case as 3, but it would have received more if I did not have the problems I currently am having in getting my problem resolved.

That said, the price for this case is excellent.

However, the max I could give it is 3.5 because there is no side locks as on previous cases I have bought - simply a switch you manually turn to lock.
This is of little use, and so if you are fussy about your contents being secure as possible as I am, then this design is not the one for you.

That said, the price for this case is really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best suitcase for size and value, 18 May 2014
Amazon Customer (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
First class suitcase. Very robust and spacious. I am thinking of complementing this, the largest in the range, with some of the smaller bags. They are great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but arrived with scratch, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Samsonite Aeris Spinner 82cm Wheeled Lugagge (Shoes)
Good suitcase but arrived with scratch on it. Shame. Otherwise really good suitcase. The ease of movement makes me wander why I didn't buy samsonite sooner. I won't be going back to normal case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitcase, 24 Jun 2012
I love my suitcase. I have had it quite a while now and it is really great the way it moves on its wheels and is holding up well to modern airport luggage handlers!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars STRONGEST EVER LUGGAGE, 5 Oct 2014
this is the strongest LUGGAGE i have come across big and strong what makes even better its got 3 locking points .
I have an 15 year old samsonite still going strong and this one is much stronger.would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the traveller with lots to carry, 16 Sep 2012
I bought this suitcase specifically for carrying lots of stuff to a new home 2 flights and 3,000 km away from my previous home. I chose the basic model over the Aeris Comfort because I didn't need partitions. The suitcase is well designed and manufactured and easy to pull on 2 wheels or pull-push on 4 wheels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just the size I need. Quality as expected from ..., 21 Aug 2014
Just the size I need. Quality as expected from Samsonite, catches a little tricky to use but I am sure I will get used to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Aug 2014
strong and sturdy and hardly any effort to move it along love it

Samsonite Aeris Spinner 82/31 D18182 18337