on 6 September 2011
Initial printing and ironing onto the T-shirt was simple and (so long as you use a hard surface and not a soft ironing-board) quite straightforward. However, when it came to the fixing process, it proved impossible to remove either the white copying paper (suggested for a matt finish) or greaseproof paper (suggested for a glossy finish) without the paper either sticking to the shirt or pulling off some of the transfer when attempting to remove it. I've just ruined three brand-new, good-quality T-shirts despite having successfully printed countless other shirts in the past using a different brand of transfer paper.
on 15 September 2011
Used the T Shirt Transfer yesterday for the first time to put artwork on fabric for embroidery. Followed the instructions to the letter and was quite surprised how good they came out although on darker prints I could still see patches of white glue. It makes the fabric quite stiff so I think it needs washing before stitching. Today I had another go; the picture transferred really well (I do suggest using a surface firmer than an ironing board). I applied a sheet of copy paper to fix the print and oh dear I couldn't get it all off. I tried heating it which enabled me to pick bits of paper off but the bulk remains firmly stuck. It has to be left 24 hours before you wash it so tomorrow I will soak it and see how easy it is to remove the paper plus if washing makes it supple enough to stitch.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 22 December 2012
I bought this product in order to personalise a couple of pillow cases for two small relations of mine, aged four and seven.

The instructions were clear and concise... too bad I didn't read them before getting cracking on the project. You're supposed to reverse the image on your computer before printing it off which, come to think of it is just common sense. I haven't got much of that though, hence my total failure in that department. Fortunately I was only dealing with images and not words. Words written backwards on unusual surfaces is a bit too much like 'The Shining' for my liking.

Having done ten rounds with an inkjet printer that wouldn't work for me until it had aligned itself, and which resolutely tried to defy me and align itself by printing a load of Japanese gobbledygook on half of my Iron On T -Shirt Transfer Paper Sheets (for which it spent ten minutes unplugged and on the naughty step while I had a quick run through every swear word I know), I finally had a collection of images printed off for the two pillowcases. No Justin Bieber or Harry Styles here, I'm proud to say. Nope - it's Arthur and Terry from 'Minder' that tick all the right boxes around here, although I have absolutely no idea why. Quite frankly, I'm a bit scared to ask.

The wizardry with the iron is very simple, once you've recovered from the shock of having to unfold the ironing board and actually plug the horrible little device in. The fact that the backing paper changes colour when you've done enough is invaluable. Not that such an effect is that unusual as far as me and my ironing are concerned. The difference is, we're not also talking about things actually burning, melting or spontaneously bursting into flames here. No, you just have to iron the transfer on, peel the paper off and that really is pretty much it. You too could have Terry and Arthur on your bed linen. No? No - I can't say I blame you. I think I'd rather have Terry and June... .
on 29 June 2010
I wanted to have a picture of my sister on my T-Shirt for the Race for Life. These iron-on transfers worked very well.
on 9 July 2012
I have never printed shirts before by myself and a friend and I thought it would be nice to make some for another friend's birthday. I tried it out on a shirt for myself first in case I made a mistake - but it was very easy and the transfer was a very high quality. I particularly liked that you could choose either a gloss or matte finish depending on the way you fix the transfer. I found that the matte finish was the kind of texture I like for shirts where the image seems part of the fabric, although the gloss finish was much more refined and retained a lot more detail and sharpness of colour.
At first the colour seemed to run out of my shirt when I washed it first by hand. But after another wash cycle in the washing machine any dye that had run washed straight out and left the transfers looking neat and crisp. None of the washed out dye transferred to any other clothes.
Brilliant and fun and I would definitely buy this paper again as it is great value compared to some others!
on 29 March 2011
Just as described and very easy to use. Simply printed onto paper and iron onto shirts. I used these transfers on blue polo shirts and a tank/vest top and all came out wonderfully. Slight smell when ironing, I suggest opening door or window. But excellent product that I am definately going to use again!
on 21 October 2013
I have had these before and have been happy with the results. The treason I liked them was that they had an iron logo on the back which changed colour when you had ironed long enough so you knew that they were ready.
The backing on these was a grid which does not change colour so you have to guess at the length of time to iron for, ok for me as I'm used to using these but not if you had never used them before, hence the 3 stars, not sure if I'll buy again as the results are not as reliable without the changing logo.
on 10 August 2013
We got these as a surprise for a friends hot tub party and created 2 unique tee shirts.They are still talking about it today. Quality is fantastic
on 16 August 2011
We have tried transfer paper before with bad
experiance, so were wary when we ordered this
It has been great the transfers that tell you when the print has been taken onto the item is a great idea
and the instructions are easy to follow, it was delivered on time and we've
no probs with the product
on 18 October 2013
Received but this isn't retail product.
The item has been bagged by a plastic cover you purchase in shops with a print off as the cover.

Yet to test it but not optimistic about it