4.0 out of 5 stars I think this is super
I use quite a lot of clipart in various things as I make my own greetings cards and, up until now, have found most clipart is American based. This made a very pleasant change as it is British items and scenes.
Published on 30 May 2010 by J D Tilston

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't work on Windows 7
I tried loading it twice but I couldn't get it to work on windows 7. So I would not recommend it.
Published on 3 Feb. 2012 by Gerry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I think this is super, 30 May 2010
J D Tilston (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: British Clipart Collection (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
I don't understand the other reviewers problems as the description clearly says it is a clipart collection and most of those are just what this is, a collection of images that a user uses as they are by copying and pasting them in to their own creations. I'd have thought them being jpgs and pngs is just what a person wanting clipart requires, those formats being the best ones to use when inserting a picture in to a creation.
I think it's a refreshing change to have a collection that isn't predominately American being sold in the UK and was really pleased to eventually find one.

4.0 out of 5 stars All British, all good pictures, 9 July 2010
This review is from: British Clipart Collection (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
These are good quality clipart pictures, and all obviously British! Beefeaters, fish and chips, London buses, jam tarts, St Paul's cathedral - many typically British images are here. It's great, because so many clipart collections are American it seems. 1000 images sounds like quite a lot, but in terms of clip art it's not very many really. Still, there are many categories and each graphic is well drawn and detailed enough.

Great for parish magazines and school newsletters! Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars A decent collection of UK clipart, 1 April 2011
Iain S. Palin (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: British Clipart Collection (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
Anyone who has tried to illustrate a newsletter or flyer with something particularly relevant to the UK or a part of it knows this can be difficult. The standard and bundled clipart collections don't usually carry much, and what they do have tends to be tailored to American expectations of Britain (or England, Scotland, or wherever); the megacollections do better but bring their problems of range, and ease of access as, having browsed found a picture we might use we hunt around for CD number 17 and wait impatiently for it to load.

So this collection is welcome, fitting as it does between the two extremes above. It's useful (without being, perhaps, quite as good or varied as it might be) and it's certainly value for money. Having copied the pictures over to my hard drive, I find it a useful addition to the resources for DTP and document processing.

4.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 29 May 2011
E. Goode "crafty chicken" (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: British Clipart Collection (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
A much needed collection of British clipart. Every DTP software I have researched and eventually had to buy has been American based. I fail to understand certain reviewer's opinions because it clearly states on the box what programmes this CD is compatibile with. Considering this has been released by Serif it stands to reason that this is its main intended use, but I have used it with MS Word, MS Publisher and have been able to copy and paste items into Quark Xpress on occasions, but this latter exercise hasn't always been successful.
As for having to have the disc in the appropriate drive in order to use it, this is the case with most DTP software, certainly with all the ones I have and I do a fair bit of DTP work.
All in all a decent collection of British clipart. Thank you Serif.

4.0 out of 5 stars About time, 22 July 2010
This review is from: British Clipart Collection (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
It is about time there was some British Clip Art available, everything on the market seems to be american orientated

4.0 out of 5 stars British Clip Art CD, 4 Dec. 2011
Emrys R. Sparks (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: British Clipart Collection (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
I liked the fact that it is British art, and not full of American symbols as most are, but I found that that it was somewhat limited in choice, for instance if one wanted art for use on Christmas cards, the only thing I could find was a rather simplified tree, and little else. Quite good value for the amount it costs, but could be improved. It runs quickly and is easy to use, but if there was more to choose from it would get 5 stars.

Ollie of Bedford

1.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't work on Windows 7, 3 Feb. 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars disapointment, 7 Nov. 2012
This review is from: British Clipart Collection (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
My disapointment in this item was the cartoon type pictures that were poorly produced and in some case not easily identifiable in its potrayal. Sorry, this is the first time I have been disapointed in an item purchased through Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars In spite of a British tag it doesn't come up to expectations, 16 Dec. 2012
This review is from: British Clipart Collection (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
I installed it but could not find it afterwards in the Programs list or Programs Folder in order to open it, and this seems to be a problem many other have had. Although installed twice it does not show in All Programs or even put a shortcut on the desktop but does appear thank goodness in the Add/Remove lists so you can get rid of it (windows 7), the only way to access the clip art was to keep the disk in the drive which is no good if you need to use it for a different disk , this means saving your selection/s into another folder beforehand.

But having said that the quality of the artwork is very poor when compared with older programs such as G.S.P. ( Graphic View 32,) and they offered 100,000 images unfortunately this program is not compatible with the newer systems, and I am thankful I still have it in my old computer.

Sorry Serif, have a look at G.S.P if you can find a copy, it will give you some ideas on how to make a clip art disk..

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Product, 2 Oct. 2014
This review is from: British Clipart Collection (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
Overall I think this is a good product. This was purchased for my young son to do some Powerpoint homework and overall the quality and range of images are quite impressive. They are sketches rather than photos but I think the packaging case accurately reflects the contents and I would recommend to others. My 8 year old is more than happy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

British Clipart Collection (PC CD)
British Clipart Collection (PC CD) by Serif (Windows 2000 / 7 / 98 / Me / Vista / XP)