5.0 out of 5 stars Stop moaning, it's great value.
Can't believe people are moaning. Firstly, if you have a £600 bike you don't buy a £7 lock to secure it.

It's a good piece of kit, the cable is fairly chunky and long enough to wrap around my wheels and saddle. I'd happily leave my bike locked up with it. But if you do own a top of the range expensive bike, don't be a scrimp....
Published on 8 Sept. 2012 by Andydote

1.0 out of 5 stars Not very secure
This kind of lock can be cut through in no time at all and its highly unlikely an insurance policy would accept this kind of lock as reasonable security.

Better off spending the money on a proper lock that is recognised by insurance industry
Published on 25 Nov. 2011 by T. Keen

1.0 out of 5 stars Bike stolen!, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Kryptonite Modulus System cable lock - Single Cable Pack (10 mm x 180 cm) (Sports)
I just had my £600 bike stolen with this lock so DO NOT BUY THIS unless you're locking it in a very safe place. The thief was caught on CCTV and I was told he cut through it in "a couple of seconds". I was very disappointed because the remnants were left and it's just a number of flimsy wires rather than one solid piece of metal inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kryptonite Modulus System cable lock, 3 Nov. 2011
D. Swannick "cygnet" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a present for my son going to college because I have been so impressed by the one I use on my bike. Very easy to fit and to use in all manner of situations. Well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kryptonite Modulus System cable lock .., 3 Feb. 2013
I have only had the lock a few weeks but am impressed with the ease of use enabled by the fixed locking mechanism. It has a convincing business like appearance on the bike which I feel contributes to security.

3.0 out of 5 stars Convenient as always with the bike., 20 May 2014
Lightweight lock, convenient as it is always on the bike. But cable was creaking so I bought a different lock as a replacement and then gave this one a big tug and the end came off due to rust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike lock, 10 May 2012
Very fast delivery. Great lock and great price. I have bought 3 altogether for friends so far. For best security I use this along with a u ock when coking my bike

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and flexible, 31 Oct. 2012
Great quality lock with enough flex to secure both wheels and the saddle. Not the security of a d-lock but enough for cafe stops on family rides!

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use & weatherproof, 8 Jan. 2013
I used this lock to secure my surfboard in a cover in the garden. So far so good, after three months outside it works and shows no sign of rust.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 19 Sept. 2013
Just what we needed to secure my bikes in the garage against theft,
It seems very strong and should deter the most determined thief.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, but i wouldn't use it if i had an expensive bike, 23 April 2012
Mr. N. Ibrahim (London UK) - See all my reviews
Good lock, can attach it to your bike,water proof all round.
Not sure how long it would keep a pro bike thief to get through (not too long i'd imagine)
but should be fine at keeping opportunist at bay

3.0 out of 5 stars A nice idea, but not perfect, 26 Jan. 2012
First of all, I would question how durable this product will prove to be. When my initial order arrived, the lock was broken in that one of the barrels would not accept the cable, making it pretty useless! Amazon sorted this out swiftly, but I have found that one of the barrels on my new lock has begun to prove stubborn at times in less than a month. Additionally, the automatic sheath across the lock opening has caused problems on occasion when trying to insert the key. However, I do like how portable the lock is. The fixing to clip the lock onto your bike's frame is nice, although I've not yet figured out a good system for keeping the cable in such a neat fashion! Spending most of its time coiled up, the cable can be awkward to extend out to wrap around the bike. All in all, it's a fairly sturdy, lightweight lock which is more versatile than my D-lock, but is of lower build quality and probably less secure.