on 17 April 2012
I just had my £600 bike stolen with this lock so DO NOT BUY THIS unless you're locking it in a very safe place. The thief was caught on CCTV and I was told he cut through it in "a couple of seconds". I was very disappointed because the remnants were left and it's just a number of flimsy wires rather than one solid piece of metal inside.
on 3 November 2011
I bought this as a present for my son going to college because I have been so impressed by the one I use on my bike. Very easy to fit and to use in all manner of situations. Well worth it.
on 3 February 2013
I have only had the lock a few weeks but am impressed with the ease of use enabled by the fixed locking mechanism. It has a convincing business like appearance on the bike which I feel contributes to security.
on 20 May 2014
Lightweight lock, convenient as it is always on the bike. But cable was creaking so I bought a different lock as a replacement and then gave this one a big tug and the end came off due to rust.
on 10 May 2012
Very fast delivery. Great lock and great price. I have bought 3 altogether for friends so far. For best security I use this along with a u ock when coking my bike
on 31 October 2012
Great quality lock with enough flex to secure both wheels and the saddle. Not the security of a d-lock but enough for cafe stops on family rides!
on 8 January 2013
I used this lock to secure my surfboard in a cover in the garden. So far so good, after three months outside it works and shows no sign of rust.
on 19 September 2013
Just what we needed to secure my bikes in the garage against theft,
It seems very strong and should deter the most determined thief.
on 23 April 2012
Good lock, can attach it to your bike,water proof all round.
Not sure how long it would keep a pro bike thief to get through (not too long i'd imagine)
but should be fine at keeping opportunist at bay
on 26 January 2012
First of all, I would question how durable this product will prove to be. When my initial order arrived, the lock was broken in that one of the barrels would not accept the cable, making it pretty useless! Amazon sorted this out swiftly, but I have found that one of the barrels on my new lock has begun to prove stubborn at times in less than a month. Additionally, the automatic sheath across the lock opening has caused problems on occasion when trying to insert the key. However, I do like how portable the lock is. The fixing to clip the lock onto your bike's frame is nice, although I've not yet figured out a good system for keeping the cable in such a neat fashion! Spending most of its time coiled up, the cable can be awkward to extend out to wrap around the bike. All in all, it's a fairly sturdy, lightweight lock which is more versatile than my D-lock, but is of lower build quality and probably less secure.