5.0 out of 5 stars Essential
Exactly as expected from description. Charging is far quicker than through the laptop. It was dispatched quickly, although for me, I waited a little longer than expected for arrival due to the bad weather but I am so glad I have this. Essential item, if like me you regularly read from your Sony Reader. This also comes with 12 month warranty
Published on 13 Feb 2010 by J. Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars Charger
My original charger failed to charge my old e-reader so I purchased this for what I consider to be a very good price.

Service was swift and despite the light not turning green once the e-reader was charged, the cable did still seem to charge.

For the price and service I am currently happy with the product.
Published on 28 April 2012 by SJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 13 Feb 2010
J. Wright (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mains lead for Sony eBook Reader - For Models PRS-500 PRS-505 PRS-600 PRS-300 - No PC required - 24 Months Warranty (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars mains lead for sony e-reader, 14 Mar 2010
Indispensable item to charge up e-reader - takes much less time than charging via the computer, and can be used anywhere. I really don't know why Sony don't supply these as standard with the e-reader. This cut-price version works fine, no need to spend nearly twice as much on the Sony brand version.

5.0 out of 5 stars a must have, 3 Aug 2010
When I originally purchased the PRS300 it did not come with a mains lead charger. The only way of charging the reader up was via the computer, which is not good news when you are travelling and do not have access to a computer.

Having bought this charger it now travels with me everywhere,it is lightweight and means you are never without a book to read. You can still use your reader whilst it is charging up. Once fully charged it can last for the recommended 6000 page turns.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sony Reader Must Have, 26 Oct 2010
R. E. Orme (Bournemouth UK) - See all my reviews
It puzzles me why Sony don't include this charger with their product. In their sales literature, they indicate that you can turn thousands of pages before the Rader battery runs down, but when you use the dictionary and/or other functions, the battery of my PRS-600 doesn't last all that long. When you are away somewhere without your laptop or computer, you are stranded without a charger. This charger is lightweight, slim and very easy to use. I particularly like the fact that it can be plugged into the Reader while in use. It takes longer to charge via the USB cable on the computer and the Reader cannot be used while it is plugged in. I would not wish to be without this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the one I got from Sony!, 1 Aug 2011
I bought this to replace the 'official' Sony charger for my PRS 505 ebook reader which I had mislaid. This one is neater and more portable, a fraction of the price and superb value for money! A mains charger is a must with Sony readers even though they can be charged via USB as anyone who has had one freeze on them knows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow....It's Here Already, 28 Jun 2011
Having bought an e-reader several months ago, I've been using my laptop to charge it, however whilst on holiday I ran into a problem - the battery died and with no access to a computer that was my holiday reading over with. I vowed to buy a charger as soon as I got Home.
Ordered yesterday afternoon and it was here by this morning, talk about fast delivery. As other reviewers have stated charging is a hell of a lot quicker than using a USB connection, why Sony don't include a charger in the bundle with the reader amazes me. In short well worth the money!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 30 Oct 2010
Works well with my Reader and makes sure I dont run out of battery. Great value for money.
This is something that Sony should have included as standard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony ebook charger, 11 Dec 2011
Jean Kendell (Doncaster England) - See all my reviews
This is just what I wanted to charge my Sony ebook now I do not have to put the computer on every time to charge it Many thanks for first class delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 3 Nov 2010
item as described, good communication and quick delivery.
brilliant service and will return to purchase more goods from this Amazon shop.

4.0 out of 5 stars a good buy, 27 Feb 2010
most impresssed with this product only down side is the length of time it took to arrive.
For the cost of the Sony ereader this should have been included with the original item
as most people do not take their computers on holiday with them.