Format: DVDChange

on 29 December 2009
This DVD is a must have for any Bon Jovi fan! I saw Bon Jovi in concert in Boston 10 days after the Madison Square Garden concert and although the playlist was different, this captures what it's like to be at one of their live concerts. You can feel the energy from the band and the audience. It has serious moments and some playful moments, all of which are absolutely wonderful. It gives you a close-up chance to see just how fantastic a guitar player Richie Sambora is and a close-up chance to see Jon Bon Jovi at his best, in great vocal form, and how much he enjoys interacting with his audience(s). I may have to get a second copy of the DVD because I may wear my first copy out!
on 23 January 2010
Lets start of by saying this is a great concert,the band are on fire Sambora especialy have never sounded better,but please tell me who is responsble for the editing.Why take 3 great songs from the same concert,2 of there biggest songs, and the one where it all started and pretend they are bonus material.WHY WHY WHY dont they put them in the gig where they should be,its not like a cd where you are limited to 80 min and have to make omisions, if you are going to put bonus material on put songs
from another concert,another tour,backstage stuff, if i dont want to listen to a song i press skip on the remote control,but please give me the chance.

The version of bed of roses that has been downgraded to bonus is superb,Jon out on his own,surely one of the highlights of the show, and they omit it for absolutely NO reason

As for bad medicine, WHY WHY WHY TELL ME WHY Do i have to listen to a US No 1 single,a song that has been played at virtualy every concert for the last 22 years to a black background why the credits roll............VERY VERY frustrating...so 10/10 for the gig, 1 out of 10 for the editing.
33 comments7 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 August 2011
live at madison square garden is a brilliant dvd. i am 62 i love rock music especially bon jovi. i am trying to collect everything they have recorded. this dvd was well worth the money. the boys at their best. cant wait to place more orders with amazon xx
on 6 February 2010
I was excited to watch this DVD and when I finally could I was not disappointed. However, Amazon UK has it advertised for all regions-this is not true. It states on the back of the DVD case Regions 2-6, had I known that I probably would not have purchased and waited for the US release. I was finally able to play this on my computer, so at least I have one way of watching this DVD-I just wish Amazon would change this misleading statement.
on 18 December 2009
This is an excellent DVD. I love that some of the songs you don't get to hear a lot are on here, like Dry County. The energy is great, and when Jon is on the platform and makes his way back through the crowd, I love the interaction! Definitely worth the purchase.
on 12 January 2010
Being a Jovi fan, this video is just the ticket to keep me on tenderhooks until the gigs at the O2 in June. I especially love 'Hallelujah'. One day I will be able to listen to that track without the goosebumps! Love the whole thing - a fantastic video.
on 21 June 2013
My favorite concert, after that, the band made ​​in Bulgaria!
Great music, lots of energy and a lot of charging!
on 28 December 2015
I bought this as a present for my Dad for Christmas and he is chuffed with it! However, bizarrely there is one song missing from the listing on the DVD! Bad Medicine isn't on there. Disappointed that I've bought something which hasn't got everything it says it has!
on 1 January 2014
As this was a gift I haven't yet seen the content but am assured by the recipient that it is great.

It isn't the latest tour but it does include some of their later songs and is a perfect gift for any Bon jovi fan
on 5 November 2013
Bought this for my other half as he is a massive Bon Jovi fan but doesnt actually own any Bon Jovi music dvd's. After reading reviews I purchased this one and he was not disappointed.