on 7 January 2012
For their size these speakers create an incredible warm and natural sound - they do sound much larger that they actually are! I compared this system with the Companion 20 and Soundlink (and many cheaper 2.0 PC speaker systems). What I like most about the Music Monitors is the soundstage they produce. Unlike with the other systems I listened to, music is somehow surrounding you. This effect is most noticeable up to a radius of 3 meters. I read reviews where the Companion 20 was rated much better but with speakers I guess to some degree it's a matter of personal taste. As their name already suggest these speakers were designed for music rather than multimedia. Base is especially impressive with instruments like Cellos, Piano or Guitars and the performance when playing music is just astonishing. For movies you have a good focus on voices. Action sequences may lack the floor shaking rumble if you are so inclined - but a movie fan would be looking for a subwoofer system anyways i guess. With that said I couldn't be happier with my purchase. The set is unobtrusive, yet creates a smooth and silky sound and offer a built quality that should make these last for a good ten years.
on 23 October 2009
Yes. These ARE expensive. But if you are absolutely fanatical about sound quality, but don't want to have a system that occupies your workstation this is it. I invested in these and was bowled over by the quality. I wanted a laptop speaker system that wasn't going to turn out to be a 'squeaker' system. Neither did I want something to deafen the neighbours and myself. Also, I didn't want to have to upgrade 2 years down the line. The only downside? Next time I upgrade my music system, I won't be able to suffer anything less than BOSE. A truly worthwhile sound investment for music lovers - everywhere.
on 3 July 2012
Very good speakers. If you want the best, compact, portable computer speakers for a laptop; small room; phone/mp3 player - buy these. They are insanely expensive, but there is no competitor for sound quality in this category. They are not audio reference monitors: but you don't want that for this application - they colour the sound plenty. They are not a bulky system with sub-woofer - but you don't want that either if you are on the move. They can't deal with heavy sub-bass - think Gorrilaz or leftfield (how could they? - it ain't bad tho'). They won't replace a home cinema audio system either. But if you want the very best, crystal clear, portable music system for a laptop, and an entirely adequate sound system for movies - I don't think there is a better choice. I've probably spent enough over the years on pretty crappy small speaker systems to justify the cost here, but you'll have to think that one through yourself..
I hesitated for a long time then splurged. I'm so glad I did: the sound from these speakers is absolutely fantastic and simply leaves my old 7:1 surround system standing as regards music depth and warmth. I'm using them on my Windows 7 desktop and in the few hours I've had them they have transformed my listening. I've just played a Don Edwards album using Windows Media Player and the difference in sound quality truly is unbelievable. I've had this album a good couple of years but it's like an entirely new experience. The speakers are sitting on my desk either side of my monitor and it really sounds as if Mr. Edwards is singing to me from the monitor while his backing of guitars, harmonica, bass etc., are spread around the room beyond him.
I really should have known what to expect as I had one of the early Bose radios many, many years ago and again the sound quality was second to none. You truly do pay for quality.

I now have a redundant Creative 7:1 set of speakers but I also have much happier ears and loads more space to clutter up on my desk. Oh, and the nifty little credit card size remote control is a great bonus too. Ideal for muting when the phone rings.

I'm glad I took the plunge.
on 19 January 2012
This pair of laptop speakers is trully amazing. They are tiny, yet produce loud, full sound. If, like me, you want good sound reproduction without cluttering your desk or living room with a multitude of speakers, these little monsters are perfect. As with most BOSE products, the quality is instantly apparent. They are a bit pricey, but you will not be disappointed.
on 11 July 2012
I run training courses for a living...Sometimes as many as 80 delegates in large conference rooms
I use these to play the sound for movies projected onto a big screen. The sound is fantastic. They are nice and small and don't even have a huge transformer to go with them. I fit them both and the cables in a padded camera bag.
Perfect.
on 4 January 2013
Even though I'd read the 11 great reviews that already existed for these speakers I was still somewhat skeptical as to whether something so small could produce a great sound, but I needed some compact speakers and I'm already familiar with the quality of Bose products, so I took a chance. All I can say is WOW! The sheer quality, depth and transparency of the sound right across the frequency spectrum is a joy to behold when listening to recorded music. Also, as a creator of electronic music who uses LogicPro on my MacBook Pro I needed something suitable for the home recording environment and while these aren't primarily intended as music monitors for mixing with, the wonderful cleanness and transparency of the sound makes them startlingly effective for the task. They are so well suited to the acoustics of the home recording environment that my music is immediately sounding better produced as a result of using them. Finally, anyone who's concerned that the price is high for such small speakers need not worry. The sound that comes from them is far bigger than the size of the product suggests it might be and is easily worth the asking price - the compactness simply makes them more flexible in terms of where they can be located. All in all, a wonderful product and worth every penny!
on 2 January 2012
I don't normally leave reviews but I must say that these speakers are the Dog's Boll...ks. If there is a better pair of PC speakers on the market for the price then let me know. I am a big fan of Bose I have the 3-2-1 System as well as Noise cancelling headphones, all are top drawer quality. There are many pretenders out there but nothing matches Bose when it comes to quality and quality costs. As for these speakers they are awesome, with great Bass, just the right amount of Mid and Treble balance....perfect, and you can drive these to the max with minimal distortion, and these could easily be used for parties, gatherings the sound just fills the room.All in all a number one product, if you want the best then forget about cost....just go for it, you wont regret the purchase.
These are very small speakers - under 12cm tall but have a sound quality that reallly is astoundiing for their size.

One would think that bass would suffer at this size but it doesn't - its easily equal to much larger speakers.

Sound reproduction is clear and tight with not apparent bias.

Build quality is superb - all metal construction gives a quality feel to them.

Bose lose one star because the remote control provided looks and feels a very basic unit - built of tacky plastic it looks as if it belongs with a cheap basic system, not a high end pair of speakers.
on 5 April 2013
These are amazing!

They are small enough to be placed under my monitor, saving valuable desk space, but still with a lovely rich sound and surprisingly large about of base.

Wasn't that sure about spending this much on PC speakers but very glad I did.

Just bumped this down to 4 *'s. The power cord is VERY short (probably about 1m long) That's my only criticism.