Style Name: Universal AUX Connection|Change
Price:£18.00+ Free shipping

on 17 February 2011
I bought this to replace my old Tunecast II & it works & sounds so much better. I'm really pleased with this.
I have found that it easily finds spare spaces on the radio when I need to use the function, which isn't very often & I mostly leave it tuned at about 107.6
It has a channel ident that nicely displays "Tunecast" on your radio so if you do have to re-tune you can easily find what you are looking for.
I also like the function that allows you to switch between mono & 3 audio levels & find that it provides plenty of volume from the MP3 to the radio. I'm a Metalhead & live life loud so anything quiet just won't do. It also has 2 preset buttons to set your most used frequencies & switches off automatically after 2 Min's when no signal is coming from your MP3 player. It also has a handy USB socket on the plug to re-charge your player.
55 comments|31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 February 2016
if you dont have a mp3 connecter to your car stereo this is the only way you can do it....plus this actually enhances the sound quality from your mp3 player....very clever
on 10 June 2016
I bought this product as it was the top choice in Which? Magazine (Oct 2010 issue), however I'm not sure of the test conditions it was put under as I found it very poor.

As others have noted in their reviews, I suspect that a lot of issues had to do with the plethora of pirate radio stations in and around London interfering with the signal & causing the device to suddenly stop working.
I would continually have to unplug & replug it back into the cigarette socket in order to get it to work again - up to 4 or 5 times every hour or so. I ordered a replacement & obtained the same results.

When it WAS working I found the sound wasn't great, especially high frequencies which tended to sound distorted, this despite Which? stating that the sound quality for this item was 'very good'!
The volume levels were also rather low which with quieter music (e.g.: classical) made it very difficult to hear, however this is probably down to the iPhone playing out at a set volume when connected to an audio system via thunderbolt - the standard jack version might have produced louder results.

Overall, I could probably live with the product if it didn't keep cutting out, but as it stands I can't really recommend it.
on 19 March 2016
This product is very poor for the money. I bought it in January & have had about 3-4 times of useage out of it. And then only for very short 10 minute journeys.
Firstly, The 12v plug doesn't sit snugly in the socket and keeps popping out. Secondly, after being used less than a handful of times, it refused to play my music from my iPhone despite being supposedly tuned in. It also died after a couple of minutes and refused to power back up despite checking the sockets.
I spent more time fiddling around with it than getting any quality playback from it.
I had a cheaper itrip some years ago and that was much better.
It is being returned to Amazon and refunded. Very very disappointing.
Take note of the poor reviews‼️
on 24 July 2011
Whilst an increasing number of cars are now featuring car audio systems that include one form of iPod or mp3 connectivity or another, neither of our cars currently have this. My wife has an iPhone 4 and she has the next model up in the Belkin range which has a dedicated Apple connector. This allows the phone to charge (via the cigarette socket) and also allows the phone to download radio information about the area you are in to aid finding unused airspace and also allows the phone to control some aspects of the radio. The Belkin works really well. In fact, it works so well, I decided to buy something similar for my car. I have my music on an iPad Nano, so don't have the ability to download or connect in the same way as an iPhone. When I checked out the range, I decided on this model. It doesn't have the Apple connector and so doesn't charge out of the box and connects to the iPod via the headphone socket. It is still powered and needs to plug into the cig lighter socket. The benefit here is that this connector has a USB slot built in, so if I am on an extended journey, I can use my ordinary iPod Apple charger cable with it. However, the iPod lasts for days and so is hasn't presented a problem. At the end of the day, this model still does the same job of getting the music from the music player out over the radio. It does it equally well. In essence, it finds an empty bit of the airwaves and transmits the music from your music player on this frequency. You simply tune the car radio to the same frequency and there you have it. Both have a number of settings that may make a difference in some circumstances. You can set it to mono, or you can boost the Bass etc. In summary, both these models work really well and I would recommend them both.
on 28 May 2016
I tried a couple before ordering this and nothing beats the clear scan feature. Yes, it does take a little while to scan for the clearest station but it just gives you much clear and better sound quality than trying to find a station manually (which I think is so much effort). Especially when you're driving to different places a lot as a clear frequency in one place might not be clear in another, so instead of you having to fiddle around with your radio for ages trying to find a clear frequency you just have to press a button and wait.

Only downside is the USB port didn't work in mine so I cannot charge my phone through it. But I was offered more than adequate compensation for this.
on 16 May 2016
Second one I've bought - the first failed after a couple of years due, but only to accidental cable damage. It was a no-brainer and an immediate replacement... these things do what is required, and do it rather well.
on 28 May 2016
after a bit of fiddling, when it finally worked ... it worked perfectly and no loss of signal, once you find a frequency that is unused it is clear and sound was great (as though it was directly wired). I love being able to listen to the music on my phone and still reach my destination with a full battery!
the only problem is, i use this when driving long distance in rental vehicles (which dont always have bluetooth or ipod/iphone connection) so when crossing counties you do end up with a bit of interference from other stations in those areas. I wish there was a work around for this.
on 11 April 2016
Not perfect but pretty good as it is a compromise.

I had no way of connecting my phones music to my outdated but still good built in audio/satnav in a 2006 S-Type Jag so this was my only option & it works OK. I only drive local so do not need to constantly change frequencies & it does work OK but not as good as, say, a USB connection or direct Aux in connection to play MP3's etc.
Im not going to say the sound is bad just not as good as a direct digital input so it does do the job.

Good value here on Amazon
on 17 August 2014
Yay! It works for the 5S just as well as the old model did for the 4S, Actually its more reliable than that version. No faffing about with the headphone socket this charges and does audio straight from the lightning socket. Only downside is you don't get a cradle. However a universal phone cradle for about £6:50 does the job well (avoid 5s specific models they assume you don't have a phone case). This also worked a treat with my ipad mini which was good for a long journey north with passenger.