5.0 out of 5 stars Great!
I bought this to replace my old Tunecast II & it works & sounds so much better. I'm really pleased with this.
I have found that it easily finds spare spaces on the radio when I need to use the function, which isn't very often & I mostly leave it tuned at about 107.6
Published on 17 Feb. 2011 by Blackmixen

1.0 out of 5 stars Close, but no Cigar(ette lighter)
I bought this FM transmitter due some of the good reviews on here. I knew I was taking a risk, but I thought the risk was on the quality of the audio transmitted to the radio.

Published 10 months ago by Seán Óg

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 17 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Belkin In Car Tunecast 6 Universal FM Transmitter (Electronics)
It has a channel ident that nicely displays "Tunecast" on your radio so if you do have to re-tune you can easily find what you are looking for.
I also like the function that allows you to switch between mono & 3 audio levels & find that it provides plenty of volume from the MP3 to the radio. I'm a Metalhead & live life loud so anything quiet just won't do. It also has 2 preset buttons to set your most used frequencies & switches off automatically after 2 Min's when no signal is coming from your MP3 player. It also has a handy USB socket on the plug to re-charge your player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than the rest, 13 Sept. 2010
Only having an iPhone, I had the misfortune to try a few other iPod FM transmitters. Be wary if you are looking for an FM transmitter that works with an iPhone, interference will cause problems. NOT with this product from Belkin, it is designed to work flawlessly with the iPhone. As soon as I got it, I went for a drive past some cell towers where I knew I would pick up some cell chatter, the reception was clean!

I recommend getting this product if you need / want an FM transmitter and don't go down the expensive route of trying out others. This one works out of the box and the quality of the audio is more than acceptable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Close, but no Cigar(ette lighter), 22 April 2014

I used this transmitter a few times going from Cork to Dublin (around 250km journey) and back. I set the transmitter up and began playing music from my mp3 player. The quality was not great but was acceptable, it was like listening to a cassette playing with some hiss in the background. (This can be improved by pressing the "Pro" button which adjusts the audio and volume). However the biggest issue I had with it was the fact that the cigarette lighter plug kept falling out of the cigarette lighter socket. As a result, the transmitter kept turning off and you would be startled by the loud hiss coming the car radio. For every journey, I used it, the longest that the device stayed on, was for a 5 minute period. For the rest of the time, it would turn itself off 2-3 times per song.

Pros:
1. Works at frequencies between 87.5 - 107.6. The frequencies 87.6 and 107.6 are good ones as there is usually very little on them therefore have to re-tune less.
2. You can save two frequencies that work best for you as presets on the device.
3. There is a usb connection which you can use to charge your mp3 player.

Cons:
1. Cigarette lighter plug kept falling out of the socket and as a result turning the transmitter off kept happening 2-3 times per song). Very annoying having to push it back in almost constantly on the journey.
2. Clear scan button too big - very easy to press it by mistake and then you have to wait around 30 seconds before it has set a new frequency.
3. Due to having to turn the radio volume up quite a bit to hear the music, when it turns itself off (which it does a lot!), the noise from radio can startle you which is not a good thing when driving.

From my experience with the product the cons outweigh the pros therefore, I cannot recommend this product at all - in some cases you get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to get music into the car and the car radio system, 24 July 2011
Whilst an increasing number of cars are now featuring car audio systems that include one form of iPod or mp3 connectivity or another, neither of our cars currently have this. My wife has an iPhone 4 and she has the next model up in the Belkin range which has a dedicated Apple connector. This allows the phone to charge (via the cigarette socket) and also allows the phone to download radio information about the area you are in to aid finding unused airspace and also allows the phone to control some aspects of the radio. The Belkin works really well. In fact, it works so well, I decided to buy something similar for my car. I have my music on an iPad Nano, so don't have the ability to download or connect in the same way as an iPhone. When I checked out the range, I decided on this model. It doesn't have the Apple connector and so doesn't charge out of the box and connects to the iPod via the headphone socket. It is still powered and needs to plug into the cig lighter socket. The benefit here is that this connector has a USB slot built in, so if I am on an extended journey, I can use my ordinary iPod Apple charger cable with it. However, the iPod lasts for days and so is hasn't presented a problem. At the end of the day, this model still does the same job of getting the music from the music player out over the radio. It does it equally well. In essence, it finds an empty bit of the airwaves and transmits the music from your music player on this frequency. You simply tune the car radio to the same frequency and there you have it. Both have a number of settings that may make a difference in some circumstances. You can set it to mono, or you can boost the Bass etc. In summary, both these models work really well and I would recommend them both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly as it says,, 9 July 2010
I have used the FM transmitter for the first time today with my Iphone4. It works perfectly, much better than my friends one which I used before.

The clear scan and app are easy to use and quick. The sound quality is incredible, there is no static and it picks a frequency which does not get interupted 10 miles down the road as the GPS assist selects a frequency which is not used near by.

The sound quality realy is great, there is no difference compared to listening to a CD!

I can definatly recomend, and it charges the phone ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars By far the best value for money car transmitter out there., 3 Jan. 2015
This transmitter is simply brilliant and I couldn't believe how easy it was to set up. Within about 1 minute, the transmitter had found a frequency which I then programmed into my car radio and bingo! I have a 2001 Ford Fiesta and even with my car audio speakers the sound quality is still very good with no crackles or any other disruptions whilst in play. What is also brilliant about this product is that you can listen to music and charge your phone at the same time. I would recommend this transmitter to anyone. At such a great price, why would you not get one?!

5.0 out of 5 stars (Y), 2 Feb. 2015
Very easy to set up and use.
Plug into my car, find a frequency that isn't currently in use. I use 88.0, match that to the Belkin, plug in ipod, away you go.

The only issues I have is that the wire is quite long, so I wrap mine around my gear stick and sometimes I nudge the tuner part and the frequency changes/auto tunes which takes a minute. The light on the lighter socket is bright too, which for me is a distraction when driving.

Other than that, I'm still using it 3 years later with no issues.

3.0 out of 5 stars In Car iPhone, 31 May 2010
I got this simply because my car radio has no external input sockets. The downside is that Belkin is a radio transmitter, and you have to find a spare frequency for it to transmit on. It seems pretty good at finding that, so no big problems, just another step groping round endless no-hope rappers. It also charges your iPhone - good. Downsides - nowhere obvious to put the iPhone, a cable and a gizmo lying around the gearstick area, and some sensitivity as to where the gizmo works best. So I need a cradle too, and the touch controls on the phone are not easy to operate. Not sure how legal that is when in iPod mode, but common sense says unwise to fiddle around with a touch screen when driving. But, Belkin does what it needs to do pretty well at least for jazz, pop and spoken word. Classical is always iffy in a car. The main benefit of Belkin is to use the car's speakers to hear and/or share and control volume, and I find plugged ears annoying anyway, and the iPod volume not so safe to operate; if you can use those ear things while driving, and you can handle the volume control, that's the way to do it, with a cradle phonecharger. Next time I buy a car I'm going to make sure it has a socket in it and avoid all this FM transmission stuff. Meantime, fairly happy - it does what it says.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, better than other similar products, 6 July 2011
Amazon Customer (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I am so impressed by this unit. I followed the very easy instructions and within a minute I was listening to my MP3 player in the car. What I like about it is that is finds the clearest FM frequency to lock on to and gives this on the screen to tune your radio in to. On my car radio it also shows on the radio screen the words Tunecast so you know you are connected to the correct frequency.

The options to change the type of sound transmitted is also great, as I use a lot of podcast material from the BBC much of which is in Mono you can up the sound levels accordingly.

Another great feature is that the unit has a USB socket which you can use to charge your phone or MP3 player whilst it is playing. Just remember one thing though, if your car (like my Mini cooper) does not operate the cigarette lighter socket when the engine is totally switched off it may not work under those circumstances. However, you can just move your ignition key a quarter turn round for it to work (well you can on mine!).

I had previously bought a much cheaper transmitter but never really seemed to get it to work very well. It either ate batteries or didn't work when plugged into the car charger it came with. So, spend a bit more and get something that really works in my opinion.

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 27 Sept. 2014
This had to be returned as it would not stay in the lighter socket, kept popping out