5.0 out of 5 stars Great!
I bought this to replace my old Tunecast II & it works & sounds so much better. I'm really pleased with this.
I have found that it easily finds spare spaces on the radio when I need to use the function, which isn't very often & I mostly leave it tuned at about 107.6
Published on 17 Feb 2011 by Blackmixen

3.0 out of 5 stars In Car iPhone
Published on 31 May 2010 by Geoff RG

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: Belkin In Car Tunecast 6 Universal FM Transmitter (Electronics)
It has a channel ident that nicely displays "Tunecast" on your radio so if you do have to re-tune you can easily find what you are looking for.
I also like the function that allows you to switch between mono & 3 audio levels & find that it provides plenty of volume from the MP3 to the radio. I'm a Metalhead & live life loud so anything quiet just won't do. It also has 2 preset buttons to set your most used frequencies & switches off automatically after 2 Min's when no signal is coming from your MP3 player. It also has a handy USB socket on the plug to re-charge your player.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than the rest, 13 Sep 2010
Only having an iPhone, I had the misfortune to try a few other iPod FM transmitters. Be wary if you are looking for an FM transmitter that works with an iPhone, interference will cause problems. NOT with this product from Belkin, it is designed to work flawlessly with the iPhone. As soon as I got it, I went for a drive past some cell towers where I knew I would pick up some cell chatter, the reception was clean!

I recommend getting this product if you need / want an FM transmitter and don't go down the expensive route of trying out others. This one works out of the box and the quality of the audio is more than acceptable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to get music into the car and the car radio system, 24 July 2011
Whilst an increasing number of cars are now featuring car audio systems that include one form of iPod or mp3 connectivity or another, neither of our cars currently have this. My wife has an iPhone 4 and she has the next model up in the Belkin range which has a dedicated Apple connector. This allows the phone to charge (via the cigarette socket) and also allows the phone to download radio information about the area you are in to aid finding unused airspace and also allows the phone to control some aspects of the radio. The Belkin works really well. In fact, it works so well, I decided to buy something similar for my car. I have my music on an iPad Nano, so don't have the ability to download or connect in the same way as an iPhone. When I checked out the range, I decided on this model. It doesn't have the Apple connector and so doesn't charge out of the box and connects to the iPod via the headphone socket. It is still powered and needs to plug into the cig lighter socket. The benefit here is that this connector has a USB slot built in, so if I am on an extended journey, I can use my ordinary iPod Apple charger cable with it. However, the iPod lasts for days and so is hasn't presented a problem. At the end of the day, this model still does the same job of getting the music from the music player out over the radio. It does it equally well. In essence, it finds an empty bit of the airwaves and transmits the music from your music player on this frequency. You simply tune the car radio to the same frequency and there you have it. Both have a number of settings that may make a difference in some circumstances. You can set it to mono, or you can boost the Bass etc. In summary, both these models work really well and I would recommend them both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly as it says,, 9 July 2010
I have used the FM transmitter for the first time today with my Iphone4. It works perfectly, much better than my friends one which I used before.

The clear scan and app are easy to use and quick. The sound quality is incredible, there is no static and it picks a frequency which does not get interupted 10 miles down the road as the GPS assist selects a frequency which is not used near by.

The sound quality realy is great, there is no difference compared to listening to a CD!

I can definatly recomend, and it charges the phone ;-)

5.0 out of 5 stars good little gadget, 12 Dec 2010
easy to set up, good sound, haven't yet driven far from home with it, but haven't had to retune in 25 mile radius of home.

3.0 out of 5 stars In Car iPhone, 31 May 2010
I got this simply because my car radio has no external input sockets. The downside is that Belkin is a radio transmitter, and you have to find a spare frequency for it to transmit on. It seems pretty good at finding that, so no big problems, just another step groping round endless no-hope rappers. It also charges your iPhone - good. Downsides - nowhere obvious to put the iPhone, a cable and a gizmo lying around the gearstick area, and some sensitivity as to where the gizmo works best. So I need a cradle too, and the touch controls on the phone are not easy to operate. Not sure how legal that is when in iPod mode, but common sense says unwise to fiddle around with a touch screen when driving. But, Belkin does what it needs to do pretty well at least for jazz, pop and spoken word. Classical is always iffy in a car. The main benefit of Belkin is to use the car's speakers to hear and/or share and control volume, and I find plugged ears annoying anyway, and the iPod volume not so safe to operate; if you can use those ear things while driving, and you can handle the volume control, that's the way to do it, with a cradle phonecharger. Next time I buy a car I'm going to make sure it has a socket in it and avoid all this FM transmission stuff. Meantime, fairly happy - it does what it says.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb...so easy to use!, 19 Aug 2014
Simple and quality product! I used to use iTrip a few years ago while playing my iPod Nano (4th Gen) and gave up with that as it was so unreliable. Recently I've had trouble with a loose aux connection on my car stereo so it was a case of fix or buy a costly new stereo or try this Belkin Transmitter. So glad I tried this as it is so easy to use - ipod connected, button pressed, FM frequency found and enjoying music in seconds. Highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, better than other similar products, 6 July 2011
Helen B (Cambridgeshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I am so impressed by this unit. I followed the very easy instructions and within a minute I was listening to my MP3 player in the car. What I like about it is that is finds the clearest FM frequency to lock on to and gives this on the screen to tune your radio in to. On my car radio it also shows on the radio screen the words Tunecast so you know you are connected to the correct frequency.

The options to change the type of sound transmitted is also great, as I use a lot of podcast material from the BBC much of which is in Mono you can up the sound levels accordingly.

Another great feature is that the unit has a USB socket which you can use to charge your phone or MP3 player whilst it is playing. Just remember one thing though, if your car (like my Mini cooper) does not operate the cigarette lighter socket when the engine is totally switched off it may not work under those circumstances. However, you can just move your ignition key a quarter turn round for it to work (well you can on mine!).

I had previously bought a much cheaper transmitter but never really seemed to get it to work very well. It either ate batteries or didn't work when plugged into the car charger it came with. So, spend a bit more and get something that really works in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to get your iTunes library into your car, 5 Mar 2014
For those of us who don't own a modern car with a USB or bluetooth connection, this is a great and relatively cheap way (around 25) of getting your entire record collection on the move.

I used to have one of the Belkin ClearSound cradles - which was brilliant up to a point and in fact probably the best piece of kit on the market at that price (approx 60) in terms of sound quality. But after owning three of them, I discovered that they weren't robust enough and, after a year or so, the cigarette socket adapter simply disintegrated into an explosion of nuts, fuse and springs.

This, however, is a perfectly good replacement. I've had it now for two years and there's no sign of it going the way of its big brother. It works on exactly the same premise as the Cradle - plug the adapter into the cigarette lighter and the mini jack into your iPod or phone (or other device). Press the search button on the main unit and the transmitter will find a free FM frequency. Now tune your car radio to that frequency, press play on your device and away you go.

Unlike some similar products, which lose the selected signal, this seems to lock it in which means that you don't have to endure the endless searching for an available new frequency halfway through a great song. It does occasionally lose the signal - most often when a resident radio station's signal overpowers it. But, 99% of the time, you'll be able to stay on the same frequency permanently.

So if it's so good, why four stars rather than five? Well that's because it doesn't have the same ClearSound technology behind it, which means it is prone to very occasional interference, static and hiss. Nothing so frequent or intrusive to really spoil your listening enjoyment - and the price reflects its shortcomings - but enough to stop it getting the full five star monty.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick 'n' Easy, 16 May 2012
K. Rowe "Ken Rowe" (Wirral, England.) - See all my reviews
For a long time I had a TomTom Satnav that had an MP3 player built in and I was happy with this and the quality of sound as it transmitted through the car HiFi. Upon the death of the satnav I found that this was no longer an option and bought a Sony Walkman and The Belkin Tunecast 6.
From out of the box to into the car and running took maybe 5 minutes and the quality and clarity of sound blew me away and only then did I realise what I'd been missing all this time.
It finds it's own clear frequency and if your not happy with it's choice press the button again to get another, and then store it. It can store 2 and I've set the car radio to these and easily change from one to another if needed.

I work all over the north west of England and north Wales and so far have only had to change the frequency while in the mountains of Wales but this area was always a problem for me.
If you do need to find another frequency then Pull Over!!

I like it, I'm happy with it and recommend it.