4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun
Published on 18 Mar. 2011 by Mr. A. WILSON

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Traditional
I bought this as a gift for German exchange students working for me. They liked it and it seemed popular with them. Apparently it is very traditional music.
It was very nice to play, especially for my friend Stefanie Becker, a student at Flensburg University of Applied Science, who is going to order her own copy as she liked it that much.
Published on 17 July 2003 by David W Leigh

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 18 Mar. 2011
Mr. A. WILSON - See all my reviews
If you are looking for some traditional German folk music, then don't overlook this. It's all essentially happy music, and there is some fine music making here. There are 25 tracks, 16 instrumental and 9 vocal, though of the vocal tracks, track 3 and 15 seem to be same recording, although the title is a bit different?. There is a good variety of music on offer, track 1 being a march as are two of the vocal tracks 5 & 6. Track 7 is a lovely Polka and one of several on this album, while track 8 is an interesting medley of Waltzes. Tracks 14 and 10 are two vocal tracks, and great fun. Track 10 has plenty of whoops and yahoos and ends with a noise that resembles the popping of a cork. I have noticed before with German music, there are some familiar tunes on this disc, even if you can't quite put a name to them. Some of these tracks have a nice oompha sound, with good weight in the bass line. Very authentic sounding and fine music. Good value for money and well worth a listen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Party Tracks Ever, 16 July 2003
David W Leigh (Liverpool, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My friend Jurgen thinks this is so good , it is just like home on a saturday night. And Stefanie is also so impressed by this wonderbar reminder of the kultural highlights of home. The rest of us think this is the best party mix we have heard in months.
We have had a great cross cultural experience. Why this could not be a double CD amazes me.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Traditional, 17 July 2003
David W Leigh (Liverpool, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 29 July 2014
Absolutely fantastic!
Quite simply this is the finest collection of music burned onto disc that I have ever experienced!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ein Hell of a Gut Nacht, 19 Dec. 2004
Me and my girlfriend have been listening to this album all night - I've had it playing on a constant loop. I began necking the Weissbier at about 7pm. By midnight I'd turned to the Jaegermeister. About two bottles later things began to get a bit weird. I heard this tapping on the window. I went to see what I was and to my horror I found a giant minah bird muttering something about the end of the world. Then, when I went to the kitchen, I found the nextdoor neighbour's cat frozen solid on the top shelf of the fridge. At around 5am I remember seeing my girlfriend stuffing a suitcase full of clothes. She wasn't folding her clothes like she normally does, but really cramming them in - frantically like some kind of mad person. She looked really pale as well. I hope she's all right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 17 Oct. 2014
great cd bought for themed party

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Sept. 2014