5.0 out of 5 stars So warm!
Published on 20 Dec. 2009 by K. L. Bradd

2.0 out of 5 stars very small size 12
I normally wear size 12 but occasionally I also fit into size 10.
Unfortunatly the Berghaus Akka Down Jacket - Dazzle Blue 12 happened to be very small size 12.
Very nice, light jacket but too tight to comfortably move around.
I ended up sending it back by recorded delivery spending additional £6.70
Published on 19 Nov. 2010 by Doda

5.0 out of 5 stars So warm!, 20 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Berghaus Women's Akka Down Jacket (Sports Apparel)
Absolutely love this jacket - it is unbelieveably warm, almost too warm at times! It fits snuggly and while it is a puffy style does not look it once on. Incredibly light and can be folded into a bag if necessary and comes out looking neat. One pocket on the inside which is a decent size, also pockets on the outside are a good size. I haven't washed mine yet but a friend informs me that they wash really well and can be tumble dried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Akka Down Jacket, 31 Jan. 2010
Mr. S. D. Thomas "simondthomas" (Ebchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I've owned this for just 10 days but already I've had the chance to use it daily in temperatures hovering around zero. It is a very wam coat, especially when worn with two or more thin layers. Several times I've needed to loosen off with the zip when I know that with my other coat (a medium weight Barbour with a fleece lining) I've needed to do the opposite.

It has a nice dull finish, but I get the impression it would not fare well against thorns, so I'm being careful with it. This is the only aspect where the thornproof Barbour wins though, because the Berghaus is a third of the price, a tenth of the weight, and far more comfoartable to wear.

I was originally looking at far more expensive options, but for my needs of 5 mile daily walks with a young dog this fits the bill perfectly.

The two outside pockets are large, well lined, and unlikely to lose things when getting into the car etc, but perhaps the inside pocket is a litle small - I can barely get a small wallet in it. Other than it has been a great buy and I'm very pleased with it.

2.0 out of 5 stars very small size 12, 19 Nov. 2010
I normally wear size 12 but occasionally I also fit into size 10.
Very nice, light jacket but too tight to comfortably move around.
I ended up sending it back by recorded delivery spending additional £6.70

4.0 out of 5 stars Love love love this jacket...., 6 July 2014
I loved this jacket I bought a size 16 which would be my normal size but it was too big... I returned it and it was replaced within 2 days the smaller size fitted perfectly.... Great jacket not too 'puffy' do not wear anything black underneath though as the feathers tend to moult.... That's why I gave it 4 stars... No other reason...

5.0 out of 5 stars Best ever jacket, 17 April 2012
A beautiful garment. Light weight and wonderfully warm. My only regret is that I did not come across it earlier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Women's Akka Down Jacket, 30 Jan. 2014
Absolutely love this jacket,I had thought about buying this jacket for some time and i'm glad I did. it is so light and warm, I wear it every day. Although its a bit pricey I would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very warm and practical, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Berghaus Women's Akka Down Jacket (Sports Apparel)
I resisted buying this as my husband had bought the men's version, and though he rated it himself very highly I didn't want a jacket exactly the same so we looked like 'His & Hers'. However the jacket I ended up buying, although nice and fairly warm, didn't match this jacket, so I had to give in. This jacket is soooo warm and soft. It has adjustable cuffs and bottom so you can wrap up tight and keep the cold out. The back of the jacket is longer so it covers your bum. The pockets are zipped and the internal pocket is a zipped so you don't have to worry about your valuables falling out when you take your jacket off. I would say that the sizing is on the larger size so I could have got away with the smaller size than what I would normally have, as you don't really need room for layers beneath this jacket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Akka, 12 Nov. 2011
Excellent premium product at an affordable price. This was bought for my daughter (a tall 12 yr old) who rates personal comfort over food or water. Light weight, well made. Its now her favourite item of clothing. Prompt delivery well packaged can't really fault it.

3.0 out of 5 stars okish!, 25 Jan. 2014
well its look nice, feels nice and the rain runs off but still after wearing a few days theres a big problem with the feathers coming out of it, i was hoping its gonna go but unsure as seems to be a problem and concerned in a few months will there be any stuffing left?
very warm and perfect of the feathers didn't show on the back as makes it look tatty. I feel like a duck lol

5.0 out of 5 stars So warm, 17 Feb. 2013
Just what I was looking for. A really warm winter coat. It's very light and comfortable to wear, and also easy to slip on quickly, with no need for a heavy sweater underneath it. And it squashes down using up very little space in a holdall, then springs back again on removal with no creasing. Ideal, everyday winter wear jacket.