4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely warm jacket
Published on 10 Feb 2010 by Laura McBirnie

3.0 out of 5 stars beghaus mens akka down padded jacket
bit dissapointed.. the berghaus badge on the front is a transfer and looks fake and the sizes are really small so if you are xl order xxl.. on the good side they are very warm..
Published 14 months ago by southport

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely warm jacket, 10 Feb 2010
Laura McBirnie (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this jacket for my other half for Christmas and he loved it. The sizing is good, I bought his usual size medium and it fits perfectly. It also manages not to seem as bulky as some of the other down jackets I have seen, which is great if you're not keen on the michelin-man look! And it keeps him very warm without overheating too easily. The only downside is that the outer fabric is fairly fragile - OH had managed to make a small tear in it after only a couple of days! :( It was easily repaired with a patch though.

3.0 out of 5 stars beghaus mens akka down padded jacket, 8 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus akka down jacket, 17 Jan 2011
I ordered this jacket as a christmas present, and with all the bad weather I was worried that it might not arrive in time. But I shouldn't have worried, it arrived and it is a super jacket, very light, and very warm. would definitely recommend this jacket.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product at a fair price, 30 Dec 2013
I bought this as I wanted a warm down jacket that was lighter than my existing one. It meets the criteria perfectly and as a bonus has a water repellent finish to the outer fabric. Thus I'm very pleased with my purchase. I was surprised to read people suggesting otherwise and can't understand comments like "the logo is a transfer" (mine has an embroidered logo), "leaks down" (mine has shown no signs of down leakage) and "outer material is thin/flimsy" (mine is simply appropriate in a jacket designed to be light with as much durability as this allows). All in all a product with the high quality expected from a high profile supplier like Berghaus.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not down proof, should not carry Berghaus brand, 25 Nov 2013
Jacket, together with two other Berghaus products arrived super fast with DPD, a great service.
Unfortunately, after two days, feather and down started coming through outer material.
Very, very disappointed, so it is going back. But I am amazed that Berghaus have put their name to this product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not up to Berghaus normal standards!, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Berghaus Mens Akka Down Padded Down Jacket (Sports Apparel)
Ordered and received jacket through Amazon but was very disappointed to find the outer skin of the jacket was a very thin material that would not have lasted 3 months let alone 12 months, if I'm paying over a hundred pounds for a jacket I expect it to be top quality, and this jacket didn't even feel it or look it..

The 600 down fill felt loose and not even as warm as my scotts bomber jacket, certainly not up to the job of keeping wind out in freezing temps

Not only that but the main zip was playing up from the start, which only led me to believe the jacket was substandard and not up to Berghaus usual quality!

It went back for a refund and I purchased an Berghaus RG1 jacket instead which was top quality and designed for purpose, I own lots of Berghaus stuff and this is a nasty cheap product that shouldn't be in there range

Do yourself a favour and buy a cheap branded trespass or an unbranded puffer jacket, because basically this is all your getting here!

3.0 out of 5 stars Spitting Feathers, 30 Mar 2014
This jacket fits well and is very warm, the only downside is that you get quite a lot of feathers sticking through the outer lining

5.0 out of 5 stars Very warm coat., 13 Mar 2014
This is the second of these coats which I have bought. I find them very comfortable, extremely light and very warm. I can just wear a polo shirt under it and it will keep me warm no matter where I go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Present, 6 Feb 2014
mr paul r julier (Middlesbrough, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Just what was needed, perfect Xmas present, fits perfectly and keeps my son warm and dry, Good in the current weather conditions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 20 Dec 2013
Typical Berghaus,very comfortable,light and a great wind stopper. Best worn in a cold North East wind - you won't
Feel a thing!