VINE VOICEon 7 January 2015
It's rare to see this version of the Trackmaster train anymore.

Mattel changed the style of the trains along with the track in 2013. They changed the track from beige to a dark grey colour. The track changes were actually an improvement, but the changes they made to the trains was not. They became faster, but less able to cope with the old beige track, junctions or inclines.

This is the old style Trackmaster train, it's got a nice solid feel, copes with both styles of the Mattel TrackMaster track (2009 beige and 2013 dark grey). Importantly, when switched off it can still be pushed along the tracks by hand, something my little boy loves doing when we run out of batteries.
on 5 January 2013
Purchased for a younger sibling so she had her own engine, this together with the "Switch Track Pack" has opened up a lot more possibilities for enjoyment of their railway.
on 3 December 2012
Purchased this train for my 2yr old. It's sturdy & robust and not too hard on batteries considering it's running all day both on and off the track. Would definitely recommend to any Thomas or train fans.
on 13 January 2013
These little engines are great. Once the switch is flicked they chug away on their own. Get rechargeable batteries though! Quite sturdy and should give hours of fun unless your child is very rough with them. By the way, the carriage is red and not the blue/grey colour shown in the illustration. This didn't bother me though.
on 2 June 2013
this train briefly stopped working the day it arrived but, Dad came to the rescue and opened to tighten the screws and it began to work again, otherwise it has been going since day 1, good train for my lil one. he also has the diesel, thomas and james versions of trackmaster all bought here and they're great.
on 1 April 2013
Arrived quickly and just as described- not much to say about it as, Percy is Percy but my grandson did like the little carriage that came with it.
on 24 February 2014
Bought for my 2yr old son for Christmas. He loves all of them so I can't fault this product. I will be adding to his collection soon
on 1 November 2013
I purchased this for my 3 year old grandson as he is a Thomas fanatic. He loves it!, it is sturdy and well made - good value!
on 26 April 2014
Saved a trip to the shops and was just what we wanted for the gift, think the recipient was happy with his present! Thanks.
on 31 August 2014
Great birthday present for little ones, my son love all his thomas trains. Had great fun playing on his birthday for hours