5.0 out of 5 stars Nice country music selection, 3 Dec 2013
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Covering music from the forties (Gene Autry) to the start of the new millennium. this offers a good selection of country Christmas music.

Highlights for me include Leroy the redneck reindeer (which I heard on the radio years ago, but didn't have a copy of till I bought this), Rockin' around the Christmas tree (because despite her former high popularity, it's rare to find Lynn Anderson on a multi-artist Christmas CD these days), Thank God for kids (because I don't think I've heard the song before, though I might have), Merry Christmas From The Family, which I doubt if I've heard before, and Country Christmas (because I might have heard the song before, but not for a long time, and it's good to see Roger Whittaker here, because while he's not a country singer as such, he is on this track).

I've heard the rest of the songs here plenty of times before, if not by the specific artists. I'm glad to find Christmas Time's A Comin' among the tracks; I've heard many fine versions of this song, but they normally only appear on bluegrass albums. The remaining tracks are all great, and worthy of inclusion here.

Buy this if you feel the need for a country Christmas collection and like the track selection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 7 April 2013
If you like the 'original' country singers and Christmas music, then buy this CD!

Good selection of sings and artists.

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas again, 11 Feb 2014
W. M. Warren (Surrey UK.) - See all my reviews
A great collection of Christmas songs performed by some great singers and groups so atmospheric and musically fulfilling with such neat combinations

ARRAY(0xa72308ac)