Format: Audio CD|Change

on 3 December 2009
OK, I've never bought a Jay Sean album before but when I heard Down and second single Do You Remember, I was intrigued. Plus after hearing ex-Sugababe Keisha would be on it as well as Craig David, it became a must buy.

I think Jay Sean is his best on up-tempo songs. I mean the ballads are nice but I prefer his voice on up-tempos like the two singles and If I Aint Got You. Although the remix to Down is one of the best off the album as it really strips back the fast pace of the original. Keisha's contribution was superb (and shows she was the driving force behind the Sugababes especially the 3.0 version). Craig David was slicker than your average and Sean Paul was undoubtedly fitting on his collaboration track. My favs are Down, War, If I Aint Got You, Far Away and Do You Remember. And for UK fans, we of course like the brilliant Ride It and Stay. While Lights Off and the title track are also great. However, I was a little disappointed at hearing American rapper Drake would not feature on If I Aint Got You as rumoured as the track would have been even better! Also War should be the third single.
I like Jay Sean's voice. In fact I like it a whole lot.
As far as the mainstream goes right now there
are few better singers around.
It's a light and airy instrument which navigates
tight corners with clarity and style.

This fine collection places few demands on the listener.
It flows along happy with its own company and will
doubtless be pleased if it should carry a few of us
along with it on its merry way. (Even the presence of
Craig David on 'Stuck In The Middle' doesn't knock it
off course - it is a very pretty song in fact !)

Several other well known collaborators appear together with our hero to add
both amusement and variety to the project. Celebrity endorsement seems,
increasingly, to be the norm these days. Musical 'Facebook' friends one assumes.

He rubs shoulders with Lil Wayne on 'Down', a catchy composition,
which should only serve to enhance the reputation of both performers.

Ms Buchanan (she of Sugarbabies fame) gets a look in on 'Far Away'
and the marriage is not an unhappy one. Despite her somewhat tepid
technique they manage to contrive a pleasantly harmonious relationship.

Sean Paul and Lil Jon (so many Lils !) pitch up on 'Do You Remember',
another bright and breezy number littered with some wryly amusing
vocal interjections : for example "Hey", "Let's Go" and "Bring It Back".

'All Or Nothing' is one of the most impressive tracks on show.
A good tune, well sung, with the power to stay within memory's
reach for more than a moment or three. It's rather lovely in fact.

So too 'Do You' and 'War', both of which give current international
competition a more than credible run for the money.

Mr Sean would appear to more than deserve a fair share of the spoils.

(Look out Ne-Yo I'm thinking!)

Recommended.
on 31 October 2010
I bought this album about a month ago and it has been in my CD player in my car ever since!!
This album is brilliant and the delivery from Amazon was as always super quick!
: )
on 22 July 2012
Brilliant Album.. prob Sean's Best work so far! also has some of the songs from the older albums which are good to here again..
on 20 July 2013
I really like this album and like every single song on the album it is definitely jay seans strongest album up to now.
on 24 July 2014
Very happy with item, some really good songs.
Product arrived safely, well packaged.
on 8 August 2011
Ok, Jay Sean in my opinion is ok with hits like 'Down' & 'Do You Remember' but for the majority of the album they are very plain and boring songs! He has a good voice but nothing to compare to the likes of Chris Brown too! I think Jay Sean needs to meet someone like Timbaland! His songs (Jay) ... I just don't know, they miss that "yeah, I'm so going to get up and dance to this", apart from Down of course :)

Wouldn't buy this, just buy your favourite songs individually!
on 19 December 2015
Great Album
on 8 November 2011
This is the kind of album that has only one track. Thes rest is the rest.
Is you are smart, download the song "Down". Its cheaper and has the same result as if you buy this cd.
on 26 March 2010
i like do you rememeber and down you no his 2 hit singles with lil wayne and sean paul