5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant
took to the usa charged cameras i pods etc worked perfectly, very compact takes up little space in hand luggage would be even better if it came with a carry pouch/bag to store it in!
Published on 28 Aug. 2010 by Barbossa068

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, mediocre design
Published on 22 July 2011 by DaSwissDude

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 28 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Veho VAA-005 Muvi Multi Regional Mains USB Charger (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 23 Jun. 2012
Bought to charge our Veho Pebble. Very happy with product. Recieved quickly.several universal plug adaptoers make it perfect for travelling

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, mediocre design, 22 July 2011
As a frequent traveler, I though this device to be a great help to charge all my devices. Its also one of the few USB chargers that supplied sufficient amperage (the full rated 1000mA constantly) to successfully charge more power hungry devices such as an iPhone (tested with the 4th gen), iPad (tested with the 2nd Gen), iPod Touch, ZuneHD and other smartphones (tested with the Samsung Omnia 7, which is quite picky), as well as all kinds of other devices.

The only problem with the unit is that the connectors between the adapters and the main unit are quite poorly designed. I had a bit of a problem getting the adapters onto the unit at first (because the little metal connectors which also act as a guide for the adapter were bent up to the point where it wouldn't really fit). Furthermore, these metal parts seem to slowly bend after repeated changing of the adapters, to the point where they no longer connect with the flimsy little metal connector inside the adapter itself (which I would deem of relatively poor design themselves, after opening one of them up). It is now exactly 3 months later and used on 3 different sockets and the adapter fails to charge.

As another user said, it may be better and a safer bet to buy an adapter which doesn't have changing bits and pieces and use a travel adapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little box, 29 Jun. 2011
Ideal for taking on holiday as its multi voltage input. The adapters are a little tight to fit occasionally but for the price you cant complain

3.0 out of 5 stars Compact, but could be better built, 27 April 2011
As a travel USB adaptor it does the job well. Its compact, especially if you know the exact adaptor you need to use as you only need to bring the plug in adaptor that you need. Initial impressions are good when you first look at it.

My main gripe is that the plug in adaptors do not fit the main charger body very well. In my first delivery, 3 out of the 5 plug in adaptors fitted well and I was impressed with the mechanism. However the last two were so difficult to slide in that I ended up having to get a replacement sent out. I needed to use both hands with a lot of force to get them in and I was concerned about damaging the plug. My wife could not fit them at all.

Luckily, the adaptors I had problems with were ok in the replacement that were dispatched. However, some of the other adaptors had a similar problem so I had to mix and match to get a complete working set. So be aware of this when buying.

Luckily I bought this direct from amazon rather than a marketplace seller. This is the first time I have had to get a replacement using Amazon and I was extremely impressed with the way Amazon handled this. As I was leaving the country a few days after receiving the first dispatch, Amazon sent out the replacement which was received the next day!

My final comment would be that if you specifically want/need a travel USB adaptor then this does the job (although you may need multiple dispatches to get all plug in adaptors fitting properly). However, after having used this abroad, with hindsight I would buy a uk socket adaptor as I found there were situations where I wanted to charge multiple non USB items.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit, 8 April 2011
Neil E. Wilson "Razgriz" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
I ordered this item as I am facing the dilemma which most Walkman users face today, no mains power adapter! Received within the same week of ordering, this fantastic item has a nice feel to it and feels well made. The option to change the adapter is also a very good idea, however I don't intend to travel yet so it's the 3 pin for me, but the fact that you can split the unit into 2 is very handy, though I feel that if the 3 pin connector was also able to fold flat then that would be a winning design. This item gets 5 stars for its cheap price, yet good build quality and being the best, most space saving solution for those without mains chargers for their Walkmans or iPods for that matter.

4.0 out of 5 stars usb charger, 7 April 2011
Badger (Barrhead Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is a clever and well-designed gadget, with a nice finish.
It's ideal for world travel, with changeable plugs for all popular sockets.
Don't know about long-term reliability, but it worked OK on first check using mobile phone.
My only slight criticism is that the slide-fit section which you change as required is a bit stiff to push fully home and can catch your fingers as it snaps into place. Otherwise, it's fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful, 24 Mar. 2011
It is easy to carry around in my hand bag, I only have to carry a USB lead for the device I want to charge so less messy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very compact, 8 Mar. 2011
I wanted something to charge my mp3 player without having to use my PC. Great for when travelling. It is very compact, more so than similar ones I have seen. Great item.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 25 April 2014
Brilliant service, so quick and easy. Can't believe how reasonable the item is, especially as it is so versatile will work anywhere in the world.
Cheaper than buying the item with the charger.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›