Colour Name: Tobacco Sunburst|Style Name: right handed|Change

on 5 May 2013
My son saved up his pocket money to buy this guitar. He is absolutely thrilled to bits with it. It only took 5 days to get here, the sound is lovely, it looks amazing and came with 2 straps, 2 lots of extra strings, an amp and a bag. The only down side was that the dvd was loose with no cover and is scratched. We haven't tried it yet,so we don't know if it works though. Guitar is in pride of place in his room and gets more attention than his poor mum :( Would recommend this guitar to others.
My low rating isn't for the guitar at all, in fact all of the stars can be attributed to the guitar, it's the extras that bring the package down. The picks are plain beige, yes very rock; the case is laughable, it didn't even fit my guitar and is a cheap plastic cover that can't possibly protect your guitar from anything but the mildest of breezes; the amp is small, not bigger than a couple of hardback books side by side; you get spare strings but they're hardly expensive; the strap is useless, throw it away immediately and get something worthwhile otherwise you'll almost drop your guitar within 15 minutes like I did; the DVD I didn't even bother with - any songs you want to learn, go to Youtube, type in a song you love and "how to play" and you'll get a guitar teacher telling you exactly how to do it.

Instead, the things you'll really need aren't included here. A guitar tuner is invaluable, buy one if you buy a guitar, it's essential for beginners and very affordable. A guitar stand, don't leave your guitar leaning precariously against a doorway or in a corner (they're also very inexpensive). A guitar case - a proper one, hard and fitting to your guitar. Lok straps, so when you buy a strap that it doesn't come loose and drop the guitar. A guitar capo - do you want to play "Norwegian Wood" or "Here Comes the Sun"? You need a capo and at a fiver apiece they're hardly expensive. And, this is optional of course, but some of my favourite songs are rock and punk, so a distortion pedal is also a must-have along with a spare cable (only a couple of quid), and a 9V power supply adaptor.

As for the guitar proper, it's awesome. Looks good, sounds good, it's what I wanted from an electric guitar. Yes it's heavy but I like that quality to it, it feels sturdy and reliable. This is a great guitar but I wouldn't buy this package, I'd buy the guitar itself for twenty quid less than this package, and buy a second hand decent sized amp and the other items listed above. Rock on!
44 comments|49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 November 2014
The guitar is superb for the price and sounds fantastic. after lowering the action slightly it felt incredibly comfortable to play. The amp is a good addition to the pack, dont expect a Marshall at this price. Unfortunately my pack arrived without a strap, spare strings or plec, but Amazon customer services resolved this issue for me. All in all cannot fault the guitar, again you wont get better at this price range.
55 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 March 2014
I bought this guitar set to give as a gift to another friend. But when the package arrived we were all shocked. They just only send guitar and 10W amp. They did not even bother to put amp's connection cable so we could not even manage to test it. I am not mentioning about the strings, guitar case, guitar belt, free lessons and all other stuff.

Also package of the guitar and amplifier was not their original package, probably they sent us the leftover pieces from a previous order. There was no instruction guides, no paperwork, nothing to prove.

Thank you Amazon or producer for ruining a birthday gift.

Amazon Customer services first offered me 17£ to shut up and forget about the missing pieces which those pieces worth more than 17£. Then thanks to them we can get a replacement package, 4 days later after complaint.

I am not suggesting you to buy this item, at least don't buy it through Amazon if you don't want to be disappointed.
on 5 January 2011
My Wife bought this for me as my Xmas present and I am thrilled, great timbre and sound all round. The finish is very good and I can find nothing to fault it, especially for the unbelievable price
on 13 June 2015
A beautiful electric guitar in both sound and design, it's colour a midnight blue fading to black around the edges. This is my first guitar since, well, ever and I can say I made a pretty damn good choice in choosing this one. All its accessories come in high quality. The amp's versatility I found surprising since the whole package was quite cheap. The amp can play from smooth blues to heavy metal and pretty much all the things in between. The amp is clear and easy to use. I am however getting a new amp since, even though the quality of the sound is good through the amp given, I feel the need to further my listening experience when playing. I just want a nice, fancy amp is what I'm saying. The build of the guitar is incredibly tough and well made. No parts hanging or dangling from the guitar so just tune it, plug it in and do what you gotta do. To tune I'd recommend an app called "GuitarTuna", easiest way to tune your guitar without having to buy a tuner. The app also shows you pretty much all the chords you can play and shows you how to play them as well as being able to learn songs from their "Yousician" app. I'm 17 (as of 2015) and wanted a guitar for about 2-3 years and after saving up for about a century I decided to invest in buying one. I think it's safe to say it was a wise investment and well worth the pennies I had collected, Naz
review image
on 12 September 2015
I was very pleased with this guitar (Rockburn Tobacco Sunburst LP Style) but first things first, you will definitely have to ditch the very inferior amp lead. It creates all sorts of noises and vibrations. So I immediately ordered a much better amp lead for just a few pounds, and it all sounded much better with no bad feedback. Can't remember but I'm sure it cost under £5. It was a much thicker rubber type lead... Not like the thin plastic amp lead that comes with the guitar.
Being an enthusiastic learner I immediately went on to YouTube and found a 60 second tutorial video on how to correctly tune the strings. And as I have good hearing for notes it took just a couple of minutes for me to tune it in.
Perhaps others that don't have a natural ear for notes, well they might want to watch a longer YouTube tutorial...and there are many up there.

My one disappointment is that I didn't receive any kind of booklet on this excellent product. I just had to work out things for myself, ie the control knobs on the guitar itself.
I like the way that when you turn down the treble controls you can get that jazz type guitar sound, rather like the great man himself Les Paul.
And I also like the way you can turn up the 'Gain' button control on the amp which then gives you that great rock sound. The Gain button gives you the distortion that rock fans are obviously after.

The volume from the 10 watt amp is surprisingly powerful and at no time have I even attempted to turn it full up. Maybe if someone let me practice in an empty Church hall or something I would investigate it's volume potential.
But I'm very pleased with this guitar. It's great for learning. And I love the little amp with it's big sound. I also love the look of it as well. But for some that have only played on lighter acoustic guitars, be prepared in that these electric ones are slightly heavier so you will need to use the supplied guitar strap. So yes I'm thrilled with my new Rockburn guitar and already I' m learning the chords on several YouTube tutorials.
on 5 January 2012
as described, works well and nice sound, ideal beginners kit, only thing i would possibly suggest is to change the strings
on 15 October 2015
My sister got this for her Christmas but there was one problem, it dint come with the 4 knobs on the guitar that control the volume and what not. The guitar however works absolutely fine and it's a good beginners purchase
review image
on 23 July 2013
having played guitar for 44 years I find the sunburst so easy to play, great for a beginner to start off with. I wish I could have bought this package all these years ago at this price I may have been famous.