1,143
Eno Clip on Guitar Tuner
Colour Name: BlackChange
Price:£5.75+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

I bought this tuner on the strength of the reviews it had received from other buyers on Amazon and having used it for a couple of months myself, I completely agree and wouldn't be without it now.

I sometimes tune my guitar in noisy venues so it's not so easy to tune by ear; this clearly indicates whether or not you're in tune, and you can be tuned up and ready to go within a couple of minutes.

It works for all manner of instruments; I've experimented with a bass guitar, violin, banjo, mandolin and ukelele as well as ordinary guitars.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
This is our second guitar tuner, bought in addition to the previous one which had a programmable metronome built in. Each has their use, like choosing the right screwdriver for the right screw.

The Eno has the great advantage of clipping directly to the headstock, so allowing tuning in the presence of chatter and noise. It does have a microphone as an alternative, and then works the same as my more expensive Intelli IMT202 Metronome & Dual Tuner.

The Eno is by far the quickest to use when clipped on and using the vibration sensor; settling time is about twice as quick as the Intelli, so a retune can be done in just a few seconds, certainly in less than half a minute for all six strings.

The usual features are present, like being able to set the reference A to your chosen frequency, and setting the input filter to be optimum for different instrument characteristics, bass, guitar, violin. It tells you the note you played, the bar display shows if it is high or low, and goes green when spot on.

It is very accurate. For example, if both this and the Intelli are set to 440 reference, both tune the guitar exactly the same. Then, if one of them is set to 441, the tuning difference is obvious!

The battery seems to be lasting very well, still the original after several months of daily use, and it still agrees with the much less used Intelli. So no drift yet, but then the replacements CR2032 Battery (2 pack) - Panasonic, Lithium Coin Cell, 3V) are cheap.
on 25 January 2008
I've used several guitar/bass tuners, but this is my favourite - so quick and easy to use. It's also the cheapest I've ever bought.
An added bonus for me is that, when the tuner is set to Chromatic mode (rather than Guitar or Bass), it displays the note being played - whether open or fretted. No more looking up fretboard charts, or counting which fret I'm on and working out the note. Pathetic I know, but I need all the help I can get.
on 28 September 2008
I recently decided to teach myself guitar so I bought the instrument itself and then the accessories, amongst which was this tuner. I was wary of the vague description for the product but was swayed by the strength of the reviews. I have not been disappointed.

It is, in fact, an Eno ET-3000 and a quick Google leads me to believe that these retail for anything upwards of £15 (plus postage on top) usually so it's a bargain straight away. It's also extremely easy to use. Switch it on, set it to chromatic and clip it to the Guitar head. Strum the string you want to tune and it'll tell you what you're playing. From high to low you'll want E B G A E (Easter Bunny Gets Drunk At Easter) for a standard acoustic guitar tuning. Twist the tuners a bit and strum again and you'll see it's changed. Once you get the dial in the middle of the display for the desired note, the display will go green and you can move onto the next one. Within 10 minutes of picking up a guitar for the first time I'd tuned it perfectly.

Being as compact as it is, it's very portable too so it really has no downside for the money. Now I just have to learn the guitar :) Highly recommended!
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 23 November 2007
I, like the person who wrote the above review bought this tuner not knowing what to expect for my daughter who has just begun to learn the guitar. Knowing from the start when a string was out of tune however slight it may be we decided to get her a pitch pipe. This was the first i saw it seemed to be a simple device nevertheless i looked at other tuners finding myself constantly retuning to this particular one.
The hardest thing to get correct with this device is setting it to the correct frequency and is simplicity itself. After setting it correctly for her first she was shown how to use it and was off. All we here now is "That string is way out i'll have to tune it!" and does so.
I too cannot paise this devise highly enough, its compact, accurate and so easy to use at a price to fit any pocket.
5 stars is not emough for this product!!!.
on 24 November 2007
Very good, easy to use. Tunes guitar in minutes even if you are a complete beginner- I have a kwick tuner QT8 which is a nightmare to use I've never been able to tune the guitar with that one, but I would recomend this tuner to anyone. Only one thing to beware of changing the battery it's very tricky.
on 2 September 2006
I CANNOT PRAISE THIS TUNER ENOUGH TO DO IT JUSTICE. IT REALLY IS A MARVELOUS PIECE OF KIT FOR ANYONE WANTING THEIR INSTRUMENT TO BE SPOT ON AS REGARDS ITS TUNING! I WAS A LITTLE SCEPTICAL BEFORE I TRIED IT OUT BUT I WAS PLEASANTLY SURPRISED AFTER FIRST USING IT!

I HAVE USED IT ON MY THREE DIFFERENT BANJOS AND THEY ALL SOUND BEAUTIFUL.THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE VERY EASY TO FOLLOW, SIMPLY SET THE TUNER TO THE CORRECT FREQUENCY eg 440Hz, PRESS THE MODE BUTTON FOR EITHER "MIC" OR "CLIP". IN"CLIP" MODE CLIP THE TUNER TO THE HEAD OF THE INSTRUMENT. SET THE TUNING MODE ie "G" GUITAR, "B" BASE, "V" VIOLIN OR "C" CHROMATIC.I USE "C" CHROMATIC.

THE DISPLAY IS VERY CLEAR AND DISTINCT AND IS LIT IN RED. WHEN A STRING IS PLUCKED A NEEDLE WILL SWING TO EITHER THE LEFT OR RIGHT DEPENDING UPON WHETHER THE NOTE IS SHARP OR FLAT. WHEN THE STRING IS EITHER TUNED UP OR DOWN TO THE CORRECT PITCH , THE DISPLAY WILL LIGHT UP GREEN WITH THE CORRECT NOTE SHOWN.IT'S VERY ACCURATE! REPEAT FOR EACH STRING AND YOU WILL HAVE A BEAUTIFULLY TUNED INSTRUMENT!!! EASY TO USE, VERY ACCURATE AND A VERY REASONABLE PRICE. LOOK NO FURTHER AND BUY ONE!!!!!!!!!!

BELIEVE ME, THIS IS SUPERB VALUE FOR MONEY! I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANY MUSICIAN. GIVE IT A TRY. YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 28 June 2012
I'd normally prefer to wait before reviewing a product, but I've fallen in love with this tuner instantly. [NB. please see update below]. I've always been a tune-by-ear musician, as mathematically "correct" tunings don't always sound quite right on real instruments with their subtle harmonics and imperfections. Nevertheless tuners come in handy when you need (or want) to tune in a hurry, when hearing is difficult, or when musicians who are going to play together have to tune up separately. This one has two killer features:

(1) As described, it has a clip pickup, allowing acoustic instruments to be tuned in adverse conditions. There's still a mic for instruments where this isn't appropriate. NB. This is a small device and does not have any socket for direct input.

(2) The display glows red while out of tune, and turns green when you get within a tiny margin. This simple visual feedback hugely reduces the effort required. Colourblind users don't have to worry, as there's still a conventional "needle" display.

Another reviewer mentioned loss of accuracy as the battery runs down. This is *normal* and is caused by voltage drift. The answer is to change the battery! It takes a CR2032 lithium cell of the type used on computer motherboards, which are readily available. The supplied battery isn't pre-fitted so should be fresh. It's slightly fiddly to install but not enough to lose a star at this price.

## Overall an excellent tool and fantastic value. ## - CONSIDER THIS DELETED

UPDATE: I have encountered a serious deficiency. At the time of writing I hadn't used it to tune a bass. I own multiple basses, and none have less than 5 strings. Neither low B (string 5) nor high C (string 0) are recognised in bass mode, and the low B doesn't even register in chromatic mode. Given that 5B is significantly harder to tune by ear than the other strings, this is a very disappointing flaw. I feel I must revise my rating, and can no longer recommend this item.
on 23 April 2008
Awesome tuner, I just couldn't believe how good this little fella really is. It gets your guitar in tune in minutes, easy to operate, the display is very clear. The repeatability is very reliable too, with other guitar tuners you would go back to a string & it would be out again within seconds. The red to green screen when it's in tune is very handy too. It also tells you the string number & note you are tuning.

LOOK NO FURTHER!!!!
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I'm not a guitar player myself. But my childhood was spent listening to my Dad play the guitar almost every day. I watched him tune his guitar with a tuning fork (using E) and used to love the the tickle sensation I got on my tongue when I stole it and had a play myself (lol).

Many many, years later my husband started to learn to play (a serious gadgety bloke who's love for music is as precise as 'Living Voice' & 'Sonus Faber' speakers, Marantz cd players 'New Audio Frontiers' amplifier and 'Acoustic Signature' turntable - so damn good sound!!!!). How could this be met with an out of tune guitar???

Anyway, after watching my Dad tune his for ages and anticipating it taking as long for my husband I came across this clip on tuner whilst choosing a suitable music stand as a Father's Day present.

As said in the other reviews, I felt slightly sceptical and my husband especially so - so I read him the reviews when he opened it and he tried it straight away.

Just 'like it says on the tin'. Clip it on set frequency to 440 then to 'guitar' or 'chromatic' and also to 'clip'. Within minutes - a PERFECTLY TUNED GUITAR!!!!

The really handy bit being that it can be left on the head of the guitar and the display is so visible you can glance down when you want to and check, as opposed to trial and error and having to get the tuner back out with most other devices.

***** The first thing my husband commented on was that when set on 430 (which is default setting) the strings felt less tight when playing - which has a 'slightly' lower sound for a guitar, still sounds excellent, but more importantly when you are first learning to play or haven't picked a guitar up for a while, it's a bit easier on the fingers - till the segs appear and make it bearable to play.

I now have to find a device that finely tunes his voice - might be searching for a while - any suggestions, please post here (lol).

This would be a seriously appreciated gift for any guitar player (learning, novice, professional) and I have to say gave me lots of brownie points and my man is smiling still - what more could a woman ask for?

BUY IT NOW, IT IS AS GOOD AS ANY OF THE MORE EXPENSIVE DEVICES AND FAR BETTER THAN ANY OF THE INEXPENSIVE ONES.

If your's still thinking about it, stop it - BUY IT NOW - You won't be disappointed.