1,073 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Eno clip-on guitar/bass tuner - brilliant
I've used several guitar/bass tuners, but this is my favourite - so quick and easy to use. It's also the cheapest I've ever bought.
An added bonus for me is that, when the tuner is set to Chromatic mode (rather than Guitar or Bass), it displays the note being played - whether open or fretted. No more looking up fretboard charts, or counting which fret I'm on and...
Published on 25 Jan. 2008 by John Nicholls

3.0 out of 5 stars Useless for serious bassists
I'd normally prefer to wait before reviewing a product, but I've fallen in love with this tuner instantly. [NB. please see update below]. I've always been a tune-by-ear musician, as mathematically "correct" tunings don't always sound quite right on real instruments with their subtle harmonics and imperfections. Nevertheless tuners come in handy when you need (or want) to...
Published on 28 Jun. 2012 by J. R. Yon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for open tunings, 30 Oct. 2008
A. Leigh (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
My old guitar tuner was somewhat erratic and made tuning a bit of a pain. This tuner makes tuning from one open chord tuning to another an absolute doddle. I'm now practising much more often in D and D minor tunings where before I was mainly sticking to G.

It really is as easy as these reviews are saying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Every beginner should own this...., 11 Jun. 2009
J. Ashby - See all my reviews
I've been trying to learn to play the guitar for a long time... recently gave it another go and am finally seeing some real results.

What's the difference now?

This little gizmo.

Before when my guitar went out of tune I had to constantly 'guess' or use pitch pipes and just never could get it right so the guitar was always out of tune making my learning curve a very frustrating one.

Since getting one of these my playing has come on in leaps and bounds, I'm no Dave Gilmore just yet but am at last travelling down the right path.

Even my guitar tutor was impressed on how well tuned my guitar was when I had my first lesson!

If you are a beginner and have a guitar without a built in tunner... GET THIS.. it will save you hours of frustration and make your learning much more fun.

Takes only minutes to tune, then you can concentrate on becoming a rock god (or a folk legend, if that's your thing!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Martin G, 1 Feb. 2008
Excellent product best tuner I've ever used, I have a twelve string Guitar that can be a pain to tune, didn't seem to work well on "G" so set it to Chromatic and works perfectly. Have bought 3 so far as presents for Guitar playing friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have For ANY Guitarist!, 6 Oct. 2008
when i read the reviews about this guitar tuner, i was a bit wary, because i thought..this guitar tuner cant possibly live up to what everyone's saying..but when i got it home...i couldn't quite believe it! its actually the best thing i've bought since sliced bread! i'm still learning guitar at the moment and i cant tune a guitar to save my life, i've tried to many times before, and it has took me hours...using this handy gadget, it took literally two minutes! and the best part of it is that you can clip it onto the head of your guitar, so you dont have to try and find somewhere to put it within reach of the guitar, and you dont have to plug it into the guitar either, and it tunes mics, violins and bass's too! for this price you cant afford NOT to buy it! seriously this is an amazing tuner and it makes life SO much easier! Buy it Now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget - buy it now!, 17 Feb. 2009
M. Dunn - See all my reviews
I bought my son an electric guitar for his birthday recently. I spent ages trying to tune it by ear but it wasn't right. I have used pitchpipes in the past and not found them very easy so I had a look on Amazon and came across this little clip on guitar tuner which had more positive feedback then any of the more expensive gadgets. I ordered it and it arrived two days later. Ten minutes after receiving it we had a perfectly tuned guitar. On the advice of other reviewers I set it on "clip" rather than mic and clipped it on the headstock underneath the strings. An absolutely fabulous little gadget,and a bargain at the price. I imagine that perhaps professionals might need a more technical, expensive piece of kit but for the average person(and particularly for youngsters) this is brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars At this price, why be without!, 27 April 2009
I bought this tuner after viewing a few others and although it was one of the cheaper ones on Amazon I have not been disappointed. I bought it to use on a guitar and it does everything you need from this type of tuner.
The clip is sturdy and grips the guitar well allowing for a good connection for the clip mode tuning. The device also has a built in mic to enable tuning of instruments that it's not attached to.
Tuning frequency is variable but I've only used it at 440Hz.
There are a number of modes that the tuner can be set to. Guitar, where the tuner will help to identify the string number and note of standard guitar tuning and this works well. Bass and violin mode operate in a similar way. I haven't tried these modes but after seeing how well it works on the guitar I have no reason to doubt it'll work just as effectively. Chromatic mode allows non standard tunings to be used.
I mainly use clip mode and the unit identifies the frequency of the string very quickly allowing the strings to be easily and quickly tuned.
The display can be tilted and rotated to accomodate your eye line and the easy to understand display is bright enough to be used in most lighting conditions. It glows red and indicates with a pointer whether the tuning is sharp or flat and glows green when the tuning is correct.
It's powered by a standard watch battery (2032).
At this price, why be without!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for home use, not so great for gigs, 3 Nov. 2011
Stephen James - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eno Clip on Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
I reckon this tuner is great for use at home but not in a professional setting, I play in lots of different tunings and did a gig using this tuner and I didn't find it easy to tune up quickly......as if the vibration it's receiving (when using the piezo setting) isn't quite strong enough for it to be quick and accurate. Great for the money if you just want it for use at home and aren't under pressure to tune quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well - two small hitches, 3 Mar. 2009
David Bradshaw "hassleddad" (London) - See all my reviews
Works well for tuning my guitars, also used it chromatically to tune a ukulele. One small hiccup when new - the display froze for the first 20 minutes, I suspect that the battery was just too fresh. Works fine now when I can find it - it's quite small, but worse, my son keep nicking it! Might have to buy another...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good Guitar tuner!, 22 April 2012
This review is from: Eno Clip on Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
This is a simple to use Guitar tuner. I am a beginner so even with a tuner I was a little lost, but eventually I got my Guitar in tune.

The tuner comes with a battery, and it can clip onto your guitar or you can use the built in mic. I found using the mic to be the better option.

If you are a beginner and you are lost, here's some help:

- Turn tuner on and make sure it is set to 'G' and the 'mic' option is on.
- Now make sure the frequency is on 440 as this is the standard frequency.
- Place the tuner very close to the guitar.
- Now pluck each string and wait till the line goes in the middle on the tuner and it will turn green if that string is in tune. The top and thickest string is 6E, next one down is 5A and then 4D 3G 2B 1E and these will show up on the tuner. If the string doesn't match with what the tuner is saying, fiddle with the tuners on your Guitar and eventually you will get closer.
- Also, use videos online to see if each string sounds correct (Just search 'online guitar tuner e a d g b e').

Hope this helps!

1.0 out of 5 stars Eats batteries, 19 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Eno Clip on Guitar Tuner (Electronics)
Works well, when it works, but eats batteries like you wouldn't believe. I've had this tuner for just under two weeks and in that time it's flattened the battery that came with it, plus a fresh one. That's despite only being used to tune the guitar three times totalling about 10 minutes of use. Clearly it continues to drain power even when switched. Useless contraption that's being returned tomorrow.
Incidentally, search on Amazon for the Eno Tuner ET 3000. It's exactly the same tuner but only £4.99 - nearly 2 quid cheaper. Weird.

Eno Clip on Guitar Tuner