5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Martin Smith Roundback Style Guitar With Pre-Amplifier And Equalizer - Red (Electronics)
Oh wow, what can I say! This guitar is fabulous! I've always played Gibson for pretty much my whole music career, but these days I don't have the budget for it. I wanted to pick something up that was playable, to get me back into playing (as it's been a while - had a child and all that!) and this did not disappoint. This guitar goes above and beyond expectations - it arrived safely and well packaged, the finish is lovely, the setup is excellent, it sounds fantastic unplugged or through the amp, the pre-amp is great. It has a very nice tone to it, quite bright I'd say with the light gauge strings on but that is what I like! I got this guitar for 83.99 including shipping and there is absolutely no way there can be another guitar in this price range that could compare. Great for beginners with the low action and slim body, and for seasoned players like myself it's still a joy to play! The ONLY slight complaint I would have is that something (not sure if it's the strings or fretboard) is making my fingers go black! But it might just be a bit of muck, haven't given it a wipe down yet. Also the frets are a little bit rough but I'm going to give them a little file and I'm sure they'll be fine! All in all an absolutely fantastic guitar at a bargain price, you can't go wrong.

I will say that the finish on the guitar is darker than the photo and the flame effect more pronounced, so it looks way better in real life! Gorgeous to look at on top of everything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, 24 Aug 2013
I am only a beginner, so I didn`t want to spend too much. For 80 you get an excellent guitar at a very affordable price. It has a very good sound, the neck is fairly slim and the action is not too high. The red tiger stripe finish to the guitar is darker than the picture but it looks better for it. It looks a lot more expensive than it is. A lot of guitar, for not a lot of money. Five stars.

ARRAY(0xadec0798)