5.0 out of 5 stars Chosen by a Horse
Couldn't hold back the tears as I read the last chapter. If ever you've had to make that awful discision concerning your best friend then this book will bring back memories, questions and answers. Not a long novel, straight to the point and enjoyable.
Published on 26 May 2009 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit simple and not too believable.
Fairly interesting but not one I would read again. Seemed a bit repetitious and not exciting enough compared with Black Beauty!
Published 10 months ago by Esther Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Chosen by a Horse, 26 May 2009
This review is from: Chosen by a Horse (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book, the most moving I have read in many years, 28 Mar 2009
This review is from: Chosen by a Horse (Paperback)
This is probably the most moving story I have ever read. It tugged at my heart strings all the way through, but also made me laugh a couple of times too. It will be greatly enjoyed by anyone who has or does love a horse and by anyone else that just enjoys a well written and moving story. I would recommend it to anyone. Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Have a box of tissues ready!, 11 Feb 2009
This review is from: Chosen by a Horse (Paperback)
I chose this book because I love horses, and I recently lost a very special one. Horse lovers everywhere will appreciate the writer's amazing ability to bring the equine characters to life with thoroughly entertaining descriptions of their individual little foibles. You don't have to be a horse lover to appreciate this book. A very honest, very emotional, un-put-downable read!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad I chose this one, 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: Chosen by a Horse (Paperback)
This is a lovely book, it takes you on a journey, and even though you know what's coming you still end up crying. Well I did! You don't particularly have to love horses to read it because I think you could relate to this book just as well if you have dogs/ cats or other pets. It's about the relationship between a human and her pet and how they teach you about emotions and relationships.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet, moving and beautifully written., 17 July 2011
This review is from: Chosen by a Horse (Paperback)
I'm not normally one for reading this type of memoir book, but I am so glad I did. When reading the back cover I expected a tormented heart wrenching book about an unhappy childhood. In truth the author's unhappy past isn't really the focus of the book, it's the healing relationship with the wonderful mare Lay Me Down that the story concentrates on. What I found was an honest, warm and beautifully written story of love and trust. As a horse owner its very easy to understand the sentiments that run through the book and you can't help but fall in love with both Lay Me Down and Hotshot. A story of the joy and healing a relationship with a horse can bring to life. Highly recommended. I can't wait to pass it on to all my horsey pals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 6 Sep 2010
E. Shires (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chosen by a Horse (Paperback)
This was an absolutely amazing book - although the story revolves around what happens to a horse when she comes to her new home it is about far more than that (won't spoil it by going into too much detail!) I bought the book for a holiday read but unfortunately I couldn't put it down and although I tried really hard to make it last I couldn't help myself and had finished it in a few days - so I read it again! This is a story that will stay with me for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 8 April 2008
This review is from: Chosen by a Horse (Paperback)
This is one of the best books I've ever read and the only book ever to make me cry!
It was like reading a diary that you had no right to be reading.
Couldn't put it down..a truly great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars For any horse lover out there!, 29 Jan 2007
Ms. L. Harber "crocusfield" (Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
What a beautifully written and heartfelt book - I can't recommend it highly enough for anyone who has ever owned a horse, or who just loves horses. Written with such emotion that I couldn't put it down and read it in just one day. Terrific!! You have to read it - you won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chosen By a Horse, 15 Jun 2009
R. Woodley (West London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chosen by a Horse (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, didn't want to put it down, one minuite I was laughing the next crying, the best book I've read in ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST READ FOR ALL ANIMAL OWNERS, 6 May 2007
J. A. JONES "jayne33a" (doncaster,england) - See all my reviews
What a moving book this was to read and fun too, couldn,t put it down.at times i felt that i was part of this woman and horse's journey together,having my own horse and a horse healer myself. there was tears and laughter while reading this book. the chapter of the foal with it's first encounter with the wheelbarrow made me chuckle to myself and thought how true that can be.cried and sobbed too.wont spoil why though,you must read the book to find out why!

Chosen by a Horse