4.0 out of 5 stars Great lights, but some modes a little tacky!
Published on 8 Jun 2010 by IntensiveCareNurse

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed Customer
Insufficient information given to advertise this product. I am very disappointed that the colour BLUE is hardly visible when on ,so insignificant that I have removed them from the site at the entrance to my drive on a natural Christmas tree. H Moss . Stoke on Trent ST11 9NL.
Published on 17 Dec 2010 by Howard

4.0 out of 5 stars Great lights, but some modes a little tacky!, 8 Jun 2010
This review is from: 100 Multi Coloured LED Solar Powered Garden Fairy Lights by Lights4fun
These are great looking lights that are easy to set up & work well. Be warned however that there are about 4 different modes in which these lights can work. Most of the modes actually remind me of Blackpool illuminations (and really do come across as both distracting, Christmassy and a little tacky). By that, I mean that the lights flash on and off with a build-up frenzy (in most of the modes) reminiscent of a 70's disco! It suprised me that there was no mode in which the lights would just all stay lit withouit flashing & flickering (well, if there is one I couldn't find it). There IS however one very nice & low key mode that gently rolls through combinations of the five couloured lights, with 2 showing at a time. Having said that, some of the other modes would look great at Christmas, or if having a late night garden party, for example (lucky old neighbours)!!!
Another problem (probably only relative to my experience) is that the mode can only be changed at the solar panel unit, which in my case means shunting up a ten foot ladder to the top of my outhouse roof to press the changing button (as there was nowhere with enough sun exposure at ground level). It may seem obvious to many, although you DON'T have to wait for them to come on at dark to do this (as I thought), but can simply cover the panel with something that obscures the light & turn them on, and then change them to the desired setting. Once this is done, they stay on that setting permanently until you change the setting again (thank the heavens as I would otherwise have had to shunt up that ladder every night)!
These are great lights, however, and only lose the one star from me for not having a simple mode in which all 5 light colours all stay on permanently. This may however have been omitted based upon too heavy a power draw for such a setting.
Recommended!

Update: 1 year later & still as bright as when new (the batteries must be pretty good). I can also confirm that if you mount the solar panel in a good high position (facing South), the lights also work following even dimmish Winter days). Other (cheaper) lights I installed at the same time seem to have failed pretty quickly.

Update # 2: One and a half years down the line & solar panel completely failed. Fun whilst they lasted, although I wont be replacing them now they are 50% more money!!! I was probably just unlucky...

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas sparkle, 12 Dec 2009
D. GREGORY (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
These lights are lovely. They are working really well after one day out in the garden on a rather foggy, murky winter day with no direct sunlight. They are easy to install and the LEDs are really bright and sparkly. I am most impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar powered lights, 30 Jan 2010
Fr. Paul (Our Lady's Land) - See all my reviews
Having no experience of solar powered lighting, I just had to rely on the retailers description and recommendation. They are exactly as described and work really well giving a lovely bright bluey-white light for about six hours each evening, turning on automatically when it becomes dusk(and more if the day was particularly sunny - we have seen the lights still on at 5am!). Performance is a little shorter if there is extensive cloud cover during the day. One word of caution, we thought that they weren't charging but it was because we hadn't switched them on ! There's a tiny switch on the back of the solar panel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solar Fairy Lights, 13 April 2010
Length:: 1:21 Mins

The lights are much brighter than I expected . On the second night of use 25% of lamps were not operating ,I was advised by supplier to switch of lights for a couple of days to allow the unit's batteries to charge fully , This cured the problem and the lights are now merrily flashing away all night .

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed Customer, 17 Dec 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 12 April 2014
I guess you get what you pay for, but soon after unravelling the poor quality wire, the lights stopped working. Had to wiggle it around to get it working again, but before long it pretty much disintegrated. Cheep and cheerful but my advice would be, spend a bit more on another product to get better quality.
Shame as the product looks nice, packaged well and had fast delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 30 April 2010
I have had 3 sets of these lights. One set did not work, I received a replacement in 2 days
They are the best solar lights I have had. I have a lot on my caravan decking
They are strong and the colours are great
They also come on early and stay on all night.
All my other lights go out long before
I would recommend them and the service to anyone
If I had the space I would buy more

Linda Blackburn

4.0 out of 5 stars gentle sparkles, 13 Jan 2010
Perfectly adequate if you are not looking for brilliant lights during the winter months. Surprising how many lights can be packed into such a small box. Thought 100 sounded a lot but may buy another set for greater coverage. Enjoyed the gentle sparkle in the tree over Christmas and they were easy to put up and reliable in operation. Much better and safer than having trailing leads.

4.0 out of 5 stars 100 multi coloured lights, 6 April 2014
Mrs. Christabel J. Cowley (HEREFORDSHIRE, ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
I put these down a downpipe and then wound the rest around a ranch type fence for Xmas but have never taken them down.
They do need a lot of sunshine to charge them and when they do come on they are very pretty but unfortunately don't last very long unlike a plain white set I have around the back which have been going for 3/4 years now and last all night.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 25 Mar 2010
Mrs. Susan Stott "Susan" (Liverpool England) - See all my reviews
this is my third set, the 1st was a gift to me, second another set for me and third a set as a gift from me. they work amazingly well in my gloomy back garden. Dont deliberate any more buy them you wont regret it.