5.0 out of 5 stars You have got to buy this!!
Published on 11 Dec. 2010 by Littletania

3.0 out of 5 stars caution
Published on 5 Nov. 2010 by Mrs. B. Smyth

5.0 out of 5 stars You have got to buy this!!, 11 Dec. 2010
This review is from: The British Bed Bumper - Foam Baby & Child Bed Guard Rail - Mega 150cm (Buy 2 Get 10% Off) (Baby Product)
I have been searching for a bed guard as I moved my little boy out of his cot into his cot bed. I originally bought a Lindham blue bed rail from tesco, we were going away for the weekend and I wanted him to be safe in the small bed the hotel provided. It was awful, steel poles that stuck out the other side of the mattress. When we tried to put it back in the box it was a nightmare. It was supposed to be a 'travel' accessory but it was a waste of money, we tried so hard to get it back in the box it broke, I was lucky tesco was prepared to take it back. I was really at a loss then of what to do. I then searched on amazon and saw this simple foam bed guard, then the price was attractive, I read the reviews and went for it. My little boy hasn't fallen out of bed since the first night which means he now sleeps through the night as he's not waking up!! You have got to buy this!! We are going to Portugal and bringing it with us, we cannot fault this, I would have paid double for it!! It arrived within 2 days. It may look a bit funny underneath the sheet but don't let that put you off, it works!! I went to buy a bigger sheet to accommodate it but it was a mistake, the single sheet I bought was too big and the foam wouldn't stay in place so stick with the normal sheet, it will look tight but it will keep the foam in place. Hope this is helpful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 2 May 2014
The bumper is placed under the protector and sheet, therefore you need fitted sheets. The foam smells a bit and I ordered 150cm, but what you actually get is 100cm plus a second smaller 50cm. This is the second night with my son using it and I have had no issues. He is able to climb over it when awake to get out of bed, but no accidents during sleep. I have never used a bed rail therefore I cannot compare, but given this was about half the price and does the job, plus anyone could follow the instructions of setting it on the mattress then putting the sheet over it, I think it probably deserves 5 stars. I have given it 4 stars due to the smell and coming in two parts.

3.0 out of 5 stars caution, 5 Nov. 2010
Mrs. B. Smyth (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
After using the product for 2 nights I began to relax and on the third night allowed myself to sleep soundly, waking up to find my baby had made it over the bumpers, fallen out of bed, smacking his face on the radiator and the bed frame on the way down!! Needless to say it wasn't a pleasant moment for any of us and I was contemplating a review entitled "don't believe the hype". However, I moved the bed against the wall keeping bumpers there to protect my baby's head from the wall and doubled up the rails at the bottom to give him a good 30cm from the edge of the bed so hopefully stopping him falling out in his sleep. Currently my baby hasn't fallen out of bed again and so, whilst this product is probably better than the traditional rails, I would just err on the side of caution if, like me, you have a baby who is very mobile when sleeping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than traditional bedrails in my opinion, 22 Oct. 2013
I am soooo glad I found these, they are a fantastic invention!!
Basically they are bits of foam that you stick under the sheets of the bed to prevent your LO falling out. But the shape of them ensures they fit flat against the mattress and the friction and tightness of the top sheet and mattress protector (if you have one) keeps it snugly in place.
The single sheet still fits snugly around the mattress at the corners, however it does lift the sheet by an inch or so in the middle of the bed while this is in place – but seriously – does it matter that much for the safety and comfort of your child? You can buy deep fit sheets if you’re that bothered about showing a bit of mattress off.
Because it is so soft (but firm) when your child rolls around and bangs into it, it doesn't hurt or wake them. Also, as it has a slanted side so the child can sleep up against it in comfort.
There are different lengths that you can buy, so make sure you check which you’re buying and they often come in 2, i.e one longer piece and one smaller piece for the same side of the bed.
My boy has always been a bed roamer so I’m unlikely to be getting rid of these any time soon. He’s now 3.5 and I found him fast asleep using this as a pillow last night! He is able to get in and out of bed no trouble at all by throwing his leg over it while awake, yet hasn’t fallen out whilst asleep and that in itself proves they work for me 
I highly recommend this product!

4.0 out of 5 stars super, 26 Jan. 2014
This is a lifesaver if you co-sleep because I was getting myself into all kinds of postions in my paraoia that baby might fall out of bed whilst I was sleeping. Now she's safe and I am comfy. Brill. Only thing was I bought a long one and a smaller one thinking I needed it the full length of the bed but you really don't. Your pillow takes up room at the top of the bed and having a gap at the bottom help with getting out of bed in the night. Just buy a standard long one is my advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 27 Nov. 2011
I think this is a great product glad i found it before buying a normal bed rail! My lo went into her bed at 20mths and has never once fell out. So easy to use no problems

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 30 Dec. 2012
Does exactly what it says it will... goes under the sheet to keep your child from falling out of bed. I was skeptical too, but after trying it for myself I found it every bit as secure as a traditional style bumper! There is the added advantage of my daughter being able to snuggle into it at night - she's got a habit of snuggling into the corners and the reason we were hesitant to transfer her from cot to big bed was because we'd find her curled up sideways with her head right by the corner. This is comfortable for her and she can't knock or bump herself on it. Plus, as others have said, it's great for sitting on to read a bedtime story... it squashes right back up! My older 4-year-old son can climb over it to play on her bed (still a bit much for my 2 year old daughter though) and it makes the room look nicer as it's not immediately obvious on the bed. Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars bed safety, 9 May 2010
Margaret Mt Tillott "musician" (Kidderminster,Worcs,England.) - See all my reviews
This has been great for my grandaughter.She no longer wakes up having fallen out of bed.It's so much more child friendly and unobtrusive than the rigid bed guards that stick up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very clever idea!, 6 Feb. 2014
We were moving our 2 year old into the bottom bunk straight from a cot so were worried about her falling out. I am not a fan of the massive old style bed guards so was really pleased to find an alternative. Although quite expensive for what it is, this guard is well worth the money. It fits under the fitted sheet (just about) and doesn't move at all in the night. You can sit on the top of it for story time and it doesn't get in the way at all but at the same time, it has kept our daughter safe in her bed. I would highly recommend this product and the seller, as delivery was fast.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 3 July 2012
I can highly recommend this product. Its a lot better than and old fashioned bed guards my children had. Purchased this for my granddaughter. Doesn't stop them getting out of their cotbed/bed but DOES STOP THEM ROLLING OUT! I currently use the 100cm foam guard and the 50cm guard will be added to her bed when she moves from her cotbed to a traditional style bed. I personally found no problems what so ever fitting this in the fitted cotbed sheet-un like some of the other reviews. So glad i purchased this and NOT the old style bed guard! RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT 5 OUT OF 5 :)