5.0 out of 5 stars CD +DVD Version, 4 Nov 2006
P. Stewart "ElectroFile" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Collide (Audio CD)
This is th CD+DVD version. Get it if you can its well worth it; Live tracks, bonus tracks, Videos + interview. A must for all Mesh fans.

If you haven't done so already, buy this album and then buy the rest of them. And play them loud!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost the Album I had hoped for, 21 April 2006
Andrew Tovell (Loughborough, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Collide (Audio CD)
Well, after years of waiting (silence since 2002's Who Watches Over Me) we finally have another studio album from Bristol 3-piece electro combo Mesh. Established fans of their previous industrial/synth sound (think Depeche Mode/Nine Inch Nails) may be surprised how upfront the guitar is on this new outing. But the majority of the songs are musically strong and Mark Hocking's simple but clever lyrics hook you surprisingly quickly.

The album opens with a bang as Open Up The Ground's guitar riff and positively trancey synths hint at the joys to come. Next comes What Are You Scared Of? with an incessant piano motif remeniscent of the Wim Mertens/Cafe del Mar Close Cover track. 3rd is the album's strongest song Step By Step which builds slowly from a quiet verse to a massive singalong anthemic chorus which will probably be amazing live.

In my opinion, most of the tracks are consistently good. The only turkey being My Hands Are Tied. What on earth is a cheesy German/Euro Disco number doing on a quality album like this? Fortunately, the killer single Crash follows and all is forgiven as the driving synths and ethereal melancholy vocal take us back to familiar and far superior territory.

In summation, very nearly the stellar album I longed for. A must have for existing fans and worth a gander if you like NIN or DM!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album this year!, 28 Jun 2006
P. Stewart "ElectroFile" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: We Collide (Audio CD)
This long-awaited new album was well worth the wait! Mesh have once again produced an excellent album which should be in everyone's collection. This is shere class and very refined indeed. Mesh are often compared to Depeche Mode, but there is one difference - MESH are better!!

We Collide