5.0 out of 5 stars Tusko - Hard as nails monitor carry pack
Published on 17 Jan. 2013 by J. G. McMillan

3.0 out of 5 stars For this is great. Whereas laptop bags are still good when caught ...
Wanted a safe way to transport a 21" monitor. For this is great. Whereas laptop bags are still good when caught in showers this bag has a lot of gaps and I would worry about the monitor getting wet.
Probably because the call for such bags are lower and there is not much competition I think the price is high for what you get.

But for my purpose it is a...
Published 2 months ago by Kerry F.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Tusko - Hard as nails monitor carry pack, 17 Jan. 2013
J. G. McMillan "Wee Jim" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ROCCAT Tusko Across-the-Board 20 - 24 inch Flat Screen / Wide Screen Bag (Personal Computers)
Had to give this product 5 stars right away - easy peasy click and go system lets you pack and unpack your monitor in quick step time. Great protection with the big screen protection wall, brilliant fastening and securing system, no weight to carry except the weight of the monitor 'cos it's so lightweight. I even pack my monitor with the stand in place so need to assemble & disassemble in use. Shoulder carry harness or solid one hand carry handle.

I use this in my job when I visit customers to demonstrate my company's software. The monitor allows me to present my product to a lot of people at once without projectors or a squeeze round my laptop - but could I get a case to protect and carry the unit? - NO!

Until I spotted this on a search through Amazon - just the job but out of stock. Put in a pre-order and waited - really worth the wait, it really does the job with the minimum of packing & protection product. Fits the bill with me and I'm glad I found it.

One very tiny (and I do mean tiny) downside is the size of the storage nets - 1 zipped net bag I use for carrying the monitor's power pack , then 3 smaller unzipped or open nets for cables and small extras. I use the keyboard holding straps to hold an anti surge 4 way extension - not an exact fit but does the job admirably. Please do not let this be seen as a major flaw, it's not, it's only because of how I use this superb bit of kit!
Need a monitor carry case or bag - you need a Roccat Tusko in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent case for LCD monitors, 6 Mar. 2010
This is a great carry case for LCD screens. I live away from home during the week, so I use this to transport my Dell SP2309W monitor every weekend. It fits snugly around the main part of monitor and has a rigid section to protect damage to the actual screen.

The clips tightly secure the bag to the screen - there are two large clips that go vertically and then smaller ones on the sides. The over the shoulder strap and a carry handle are sturdy.

I haven't used the additional storage options (clips for a keyboard and a zip pocket on the back).

4.0 out of 5 stars ROCCAT Tusko Across-the-Board 20 - 24 inch Flat Screen, 19 April 2014
What i like: Good construction, good material and good protection.

What i don't like, ( and i mean badly disappointed ), is the shoulder strap. It is miserably thin,not padded and it cuts badly in ones shoulder just after few minutes, (it's bad,zero,nada,nothing), and ROCCAT must do something about it even if they must raise the price a little.

What i don't like also is the straps for the keyboard!. It doesn't hold the keyboard good in place unless one must tighten it very hard and that is not good for the keys. Also the distance between the straps is only good for full size K.B's and not suitable for compact ones. I would prefer a long flap pocket with velcro to meet all sizes.
Also i like to add my thanks to amazon.uk.com for the wonderful service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Protection, 24 May 2013
This product is relatively high cost for what is essentially a Monitor protector. However, as an Engineer travelling between my Office and Clients office/sites several times each week, I find this product pays for itself in both protection and convenience of carrying up to a 24 inch widescreen monitor. Even though I have a high res 3D screen on my laptop, I do use an extended second high res monitor 99% of the time and find this product an excellent purchase. The only negative comment would be to point out that though the carry strap pocket on the back is a great size, the 3 tinny open pockets on the front are just too small. I don’t use the shoulder strap and have chosen to use the large pocket for HDMI, power cables etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great space saver, 9 July 2013
This is well made and provides great protection to my 24" monitor, so much easier to carry to LAN rather than using the box.
The pockets, keyboard carrier and shoulder strap are welcome additions. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars TV/ iMac bag amazing, 1 April 2014
Loved this product, good value for money used it to carry our 21.5 inch iMac. Would definitely recommend it to my friends:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my needs, 31 May 2012
I needed a case for my 21" HD broadcast monitor (Ikegami ULE215) but a custom one was going to cost more to have made than the monitor cost to buy!

So after much searching I found the Roccat Tusko and it is frankly perfect.

Whilst I wouldnt want to use it on a flight overseas, for carrying the monitor too and from location and generally protecting it at home it does the job and at a great price.

Pockets could do with being a bit bigger, but I am being picky as I am using it for something it wasnt designed to be used for.

Build quality is excellent and I have recommended it to many other users.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 6 Sept. 2012
This is a great tool to carry your 24" screen with you - it actually works.

1) great padding
2) good hold
3) protective
4) price could be better

Get it if you travel a lot with your gear...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 5 Oct. 2013
Bought in order to cart my monitor down to a LAN party. It excellently protected my monitor on a 5 hour journey in a car boot, and being lugged about back and forth out of the LAN hall. It feels solid and the clips and straps keep everything in place. If you're able to remove the stand from you're monitor, then it makes transporting it with the shoulder strap a breeze! Even held my keyboard in place, though I'd be wary of strapping more expensive keyboards to it, as they aren't particularly well protected.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 16 Jan. 2014
I bought this as a way to protect my iMac as I carry it to music gigs.
The product is very well designed and the Mac stays safe during transit
Recommended.