5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent laptop, 24 Oct 2009
Abhishek Mishra (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony VAIO Z51W GB 13.1-inch Notebook (Core 2 Duo P9700 2.8 GHz Processor, 6 GB RAM, 400 GB HDD, DVDRW, HSDPA, Windows 7 Professional) (Electronics)
I have been looking at purchasing a laptop from the Z series for a while now, and I am glad I waited for this model to be released before making my purchase. Physically the laptop is perfect, just the right form factor and weight, with a crystal clear display to match.

I was initially worried about compatibility between my existing applications and Windows 7, however I am pleased to say that I did not face a single compatibility problem.

The applications I typically use are Adobe Creative Suite CS3 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.

Overall I am extremely pleased with this machine.

Sony even provides an XP Downgrade disc, which I thankfully did not have to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent computer, 26 Oct 2009
I feel this is a great laptop, light weight, good battery life, crystal clear display.

Like most users looking at adopting Windows 7 early on, I was worried about potential compatibility problems. All my application software worked fine, the only trouble I has was with Daemon Tools (which was written for an x86 CPU). However I found plenty of tools out there to do the same task as Daemon Tools under 64 bit Windows 7.

I also had a problem using my t-mobile web-n-walk broadband sim with this unit, as sony now supplied software for orange broadband only. A Windows 7 version of GlobeTrotter Connect fixed this.

None of these however are 'laptop' specific issues, oveall I am very happy with my purchase.