Colour Name: Pink|Change
Price:£19.99+ £6.95 shipping

on 27 December 2009
Ukayed Swing Cars have proved the xmas hit with my family. The children and adults are vying to ride on them! They are simple to assemble, no batteries, chains, pedals just connect the wheels and steering gear and youre ready to go.Brilliant exercise, perfect to get the children away from the tele.Strong with very little to go wrong. Altogether a success. Thank you!
on 6 May 2009
bought as birthday present for my son, ordered in plenty of time as some of the previous reviews had mentioned that assembly was a bit tricky. It arrived within 4 days of order (including weekend) on standard delivery, and when we opened it we were delighted to find it was in fact fully assembled! It is fantastic fun, and we have all had a go, me and my son (who's 3) have also got on it together. My sister thought it was so fab she has ordered one for her 8 year old. Can't recommend this enough. Haven't tried official "Didicar" so can't compare, but for the money this is brilliant!

update - though our car is absolutely fine, the one that my sister purchased for her son, is not so great, the steering keeps going off centre within a few minutes of adjusting, so it may just be the luck of the draw I'm afraid! One difference between hers and ours is that the feet treads on hers are black, ours are body coloured, so maybe different models?!
on 26 December 2009
my daughters love it and they 15, and 10 they have had hours of fun
on 21 August 2012
Much seems to be made of the fact that these are not the official Didicar, with the Didicar website itself even stating "Beware of Imitations. Original Didicars are only sold on dedicated websites, there are no authorised retailers on sites like Amazon". Now, not being a dedicated follower of brands or fads and being a parent with limited funds for frivolous ride-ons, I was curious as to how an Amazon seller (InternetukShop) could sell a facsimile model at a mere £29.99 and not generate a whole slew of negative feedback regarding build and quality and so on. Yet there seemed to be only positive reviews so I took a chance and ordered one.

First things first, I will say that the delivery was fast. Incredibly fast. I ordered my car on the Friday morning and it was at the house by Monday afternoon. This meant that I could build and test the car as soon as I got home from work on the evening. Construction was pretty straightforward, even though I was tempted to do the classic male thing and completely disregard the instructions. The car itself is a single moulded piece - surprisingly light too - and everything else required comes loose in a bag attached to the car. The back wheels pop in first, followed by the front wheels next. You are advised to bang these in with a rubber mallet or similar so that the metal collar beneath is completely flush with the body of the car. Next, the steering wheel goes on, followed by a washer and a nut. Once you're sure that the front wheels and the steering wheel line up, then you tighten the nut and I mean REALLY tighten the nut. Due to the nature of how the car is propelled, the steering wheel is wiggled from side to side and, if the bolt isn't as tight as it can possibly go, the steering wheel and the front wheels will go out of alignment. All that's left then is to pop the coloured plastic plug in to cover the nut and bolt holding the steering wheel on and you're ready to go.

First test drive with the children was quite a surprise as I gave them no instructions as to how it should be used. My daughter (four years old) treated it as a push along ride-on until she figured out that turning the steering wheel 180 degrees and wiggling it from left to right made her go backwards. She seemed quite content with this for a good while until she then realised that by having the steering wheel facing the right way, she could also go forward. So far, so intuitive. My son (18 months) was quite content to be able to climb on and off the car unassisted and propel himself by pushing. There is a warning sticker on the actual car saying that it isn't suitable for children under three years of age but I would take that to mean unsuitable for unsupervised use as my son clearly enjoyed using the car and found it easy to operate, although I don't think it would take much for him to steer it into the road.

So, the Ukayed Amazing Ride On Swing Car may not be an official Didicar but, for all intents and purposes, I'm sure it feels and behaves just like one. What kind of durability the wheels have or how the car manages on different surfaces has yet to be tested (I imagine the smoother, the better) and whether the children are still playing with it by next summer remains to be seen but I think, for virtually half the price of the official model, this really is a bargain toy. Recommended.
33 comments|20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2011
Bought this for our 2 year old to use mainly outside - she has fast become very speedy on it, and very popular with her 7 year old brother. Outdoors she is tending to push herself along to gather momentum, but indoors on laminate it does move as promised (just note that it is quite big - about twice as long as usual toddler ride ons).

Assmebly instructions must have improved since earlier reviews - clear and quick. They also include a tool to tighten the steering wheel so no special equipment needed. Fast delivery too. Overall thoroughly recommend.
on 28 March 2011
Bought two of these cars at the same time as i`m a childminder. I was a bit wary that the price was very reasonable and they may not be the same standard as the didi car. But took the chance! I was not disappointed, firstly the delivery was super quick,secondly my husband said they were easily put together. The kids had so much fun and it didn`t take long for one of the two year olds to get the hang of it. I have two girls of my own aged 11 and 13 and they thought they were amazing! Great that all ages can use it and it has proven so far to be very robust and well worth the money. Why pay the price of the didi car when you can get the ukayed so much cheaper.
From one happy childminder.
on 6 September 2015
Wonderful present for my 4year old boy. I have even taken it out for a spin. Can't review the assembly process as I had someone put it together for me. I have been on various swing/swivel cars and I would say this feels sturdy and just as moveable as the more expensive cars. I would recommend this to family and friends.
on 12 July 2009
This is a great item, identical to the didi car but a lot cheaper, we bought 3, the kids love them, even my wife and I have been known to have a sneaky go! The only reason for not giving it 5 stars was that the instrutions are poor, I found better instructions on the internet and putting them together was easy after that.
on 30 April 2012
Fantastic little car - very sturdily built! We gave this to our 5 year old granddaughter & she loves it & has so much fun on it, as do her older brother & sister, who are 10 & 9. Even though they have to bend their knees up a fair bit it works perfectly for them & copes with their size & weight no problem. It is used indoors on wooden floors & there has been no damage to the floor at all by the wheels - I highly recommend it & at £20 cheaper than Diddy Cars it's 5 stars all round!
on 18 January 2014
I bought these to replace the second swing car which my girls had worn out. So that's 6 years of swing car fun, they have been dragged up hills, through potholes, through mud, along pavements, and now even through Skate Parks, crashed into kerbsides more times that you can imagine.

If you are thinking of getting a swing car, my only advice is do. But get one like this which is a strong one because you will want to jump on it with the kids and race them down the hill.