4.0 out of 5 stars Great for lighting up the doorway when coming home
Despite being solar powered, it's a pretty bright light, but the beam is not as wide as an typical wall light with a 60w bulb. For example, it lights up an area similar to a halogen spot light, which is perfectly fine for seeing the steps, finding the keyhole and seeing who's at the front door.

The main thing I like about the light is it lighting up the door...
Published on 24 July 2011 by Sean Byrne

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work
Published on 13 Sep 2010 by Davy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for lighting up the doorway when coming home, 24 July 2011
Sean Byrne (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Solar Powered Entrance Security Light

The main thing I like about the light is it lighting up the door as my car pulls up in front of the house, so no need to pull out a torch or worry about tripping over something left at the front door. One delivery person asked how well our security camera worked making the assumption that this was a camera, since most sensor lights have a large sensor sticking out at the bottom and not a white circle which may appear to be a concealed CCTV.

I would have given it 5 star if it were not for its low capacity batteries, so for the first few weeks after purchase, it kept losing its brightness after a few overcast days. This was easily fixed, since as it uses standard size AA Ni-MH batteries, I replaced its 600mAh batteries with "Ready to use" 2000mAh AA's. For the past year including the dull freezing winter nights, it has never lost its brightness. The reason I chose "Ready to use" batteries is that these do not lose the charge like regular Ni-MH's do, so even if there is no sun for a few days, the batteries are not self-discharging.

So for best performance, get this and a pack of precharged Ni-MH AA's, such as the Sanyo Eneloop AA's. It takes 3 x AA's, so you could easily use the 4th AA for a single AA LED torch, which I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good efficient light, 27 May 2010
C. CUNLIFFE "Aged Heptaphile" (North Tawton, Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Solar Powered Entrance Security Light
This light was working after one day of charging in indirect light. It gives good light in my back yard so that I can find the keyhole for my workshop if I need to go in after dark, and can't be accidentally switched on and left overnight. It even works for my two cats who seem to love switching it on as often as possible! My only criticism might be the low capacity of the Ni-Mh batteries supplied with it, but since it is only on for a minute at a time this shouldn't really be a problem. It will be interesting to see how well it works in winter - sub-zero temperatures aren't usually good news for batteries, nor short day length for solar energy, but then I don't go out to the workshop much in that sort of weather!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Solar Entrance Light, 7 April 2010
S. Holton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Solar Powered Entrance Security Light
I received an extremely speedy delivery on this item. It has charged even though it does say in 'three full sunny days'. The light now sits above our front door and provides good light when entering and leaving our house. Just what I wanted!! Will probably purchase some more for our back garden/patio door. Many Thanks. S Holton, Oxfordshire.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product and Service, 30 Jan 2010
This review is from: Solar Powered Entrance Security Light
This is my second purchase the first has been out in the tropics for over a year now it has survived tropical down pours, relentless sun shine and still works and looks perfect. This second one is going out there too. Highly recommend and will buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best solar light, 18 Oct 2010
This review is from: Solar Powered Entrance Security Light
This is a great solar light. I have it positioned above the back door and it spreads enough light for a radius of approx 2.5m. I let it charge for 3 days before switching it on and it has not failed me. The light is positioned on a south facing wall and I'm sure that contributes to the great performance - i wouldn't fit one to a wall that does not get direct sunlight for at least 5-6 hours.

3.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work, 13 Sep 2010
This review is from: Solar Powered Entrance Security Light
I have had this product for about a month. It is easy to install, as it has two holes at the back of the product which to hang it. It also has the width on the back of the product so as you know how wide to drill the holes which is handy.I have mine just over the door as you go into the back garden and it always seems to come on which all I want. if your looking for something to light up the majority of your garden this produt isnt it, but if you want it just as a security light then yes it does the job very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but poor batteries, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Solar Powered Entrance Security Light
With two screw holes in the mounting bracket it easy to put uo on a vertical wall etc. As it only comes on when someone walks near rather than on all night the batteries are easily charged buy the solar panel.

Minus one star for the poor quality of the batteries wich failed after about 2 months. The unit is easily opened however and a proper( quality) set of recharcable batteries ( 3x 2aa ) did the trick

5.0 out of 5 stars efficient lighting device, 5 July 2011
This review is from: Solar Powered Entrance Security Light
This is an efficient lighting mechanism without wires. I like it because of the durability of the battery. Once it is set to auto the it does not stay for too long thereby saving the battery life. Occsionally I delibrately left it on permanently for approx 4 hours. I have to use a water resisting sealant all around it as a result of reading other reviews. I however wish the brightness could be better. Generally I am pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solar powered outside light, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Solar Powered Entrance Security Light
customer is very pleased with the light. Only disappointment is that I bought from this particular suppler because their product was described as having "12 super bright led's. The one I received only appears to have one light source.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money and effort, 20 July 2012
This review is from: Solar Powered Entrance Security Light
bought two of these to provide a bit of light when needed and some added security but neither of them work even after being charged on top up basis, the battery compartment is poorly made and the batteries don't sit right so they have a poor connection. Spend a few pounds more and avoid these as they are a waste of time and money!

Solar Powered Entrance Security Light