2,013 Reviews
 (1,569)

1,539 of 1,586 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - this will KILL you!
Published on 5 Jan. 2010 by NinaJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Approach with caution!
I initially bought this DVD determined to do something about the wobbly, unfit body I seem to have acquired over the past few years.

After seeing Jillian push all the contestants on 'The biggest loser' as hard as she could without actually killing them and seemingly getting excellent results, I decided I was going to ease myself in gently and do the 1st circuit...
Published on 8 Jan. 2011 by Deb A

1,539 of 1,586 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - this will KILL you!, 5 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
But I mean it in a good way! This is, without any shadow of a doubt, the most intensive workout DVD I've ever tried (and I have a good few, including Davina, Nell McAndrew, The Firm etc etc...) Jillian and her two helpers (one advanced, one 'normal') take you through three 20 minute workouts - Levels 1, 2 and 3. Each workout is made up of three circuits which comprise of 3 minutes of weights, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of ab work.

Like me, you may well be thinking this sounds reasonable, quick and easy. It isn't! Even Level 1 is an intensive workout - lots of jumping jacks, squats, bum kicks etc., and Jillian doesn't let up for a second, constantly keeping you moving. I found I had to use lighter weights than I would for a Davina workout; the exercises are so quick and intense that I couldn't keep up with my usual ones. The exercises have a real 'military' feel and change quickly, and you are given plenty of instruction and encouragement. The music isn't great, but then you probably won't have the energy to think much about it while you're doing this workout!

Levels 2 and 3 contain harder exercises (such as burpees, mountain climbs, jumping jacks from the plank position). I've got a passable fitness level, but on finishing Level 2 I was in a collapsed screaming heap on the floor, thoroughly worked out! Jillian screams at some point in Level 2 "I want you to feel like you're gonna DIE!" - and if you're anything like me, you will! On the plus side, if you can do Level 2, I don't think you'll find Level 3 too much of a difference in intensity, unless you have weak abs as this section pushes them to the limit.

This is a fantastic workout to try if you're looking to push yourself hard, but it is NOT for the faint hearted. Jillian and her helpers are very toned, but also quite bulky - to avoid this it might be a good idea to alternate this DVD with some less intense workouts (as I intend to do!) But the fact remains - there is absolutely no doubt that if you did this DVD every day, even doing just one of the three levels per day, you would lose weight and get results very quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 14 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this DVD for my wife. With the diet and the workout, she's lost 11lb in 5 weeks. So proud of her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 15 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
This dvd is great! I have never owned a workout video before tho I know there are lots on the market. I started this video, performed (almost) daily, began running again and was mindful of what I ate, without dieting, and I've lost 2 stone. It really kick started my fitness. Would defo recommend along with her meal suggestions that ate free on her website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 Oct. 2014
Best work out DVD I've ever bought lost 1 1/2 stone doing it and toning nicely

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!, 25 Feb. 2013
Mrs. S. L. Doyle "Mums Taxi" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
As I'm on the mature side, 47, I was becoming increasingly down about my lack of energy, weight, and general wellbeing. So, New Year 2013 I decided to do something about it and Gillian Michaels 30 day shred was the answer to my prayers.
When the dvd arrived I sat and watched it through all 3 levels.
I thought, this is going to be a doddle (I was much fitter in my younger years, and my brain obviously still thought I was still capable of doing everything on the workout) WRONG!!!

Day 1. I nearly broke my nose trying to do a press-up, when my arms clapsed (not funny). Leg's turned to jelly after 10 minutes of jumping jacks, butt kicks etc but I stuck with as much as I could do...........

Day 2, No regrets and NO ACHES AND PAINS, so the warm down definately worked from day 1, especially considering I hadn't excersised in years.
I wasn't much better than day 1 but I still stuck with it.

End of week 1 - I CAN DO THIS !!!!!!!!!!!

End of week 2 - I'M DOING THIS and IT'S WORKING !!!!!!!!!!

Jump to end of week 4 - I'm down two dress sizes. I've lost 9.5 Ibs and I FEEL GREAT.

Gillian's tough, but what I love about her is she keeps you motivated as she talks all the way through. I do the workout every evening at 8:00, on the dot. As I do the workout in my bedroom, above the lounge, my husband turns the TV up, and the neighbours very kindly ignore what obviously sounds like somebody trying to break through the ceiling.

Don't be fooled into thinking this is easy, like I was. It isn't, but if you want results, this is the start-up workout I would highly recommend.

I feel great, my confidence is back, my energy level's are through the roof and my husband, says my body reminds him of when we first got together 29 years ago. Best of all, my baby tummy from my 3rd child, from 21 years ago, has gone !!!!!!!!!!

Gillian, you're tough but I love your workout !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LADIES,YOU CAN DO IT TOO............

5.0 out of 5 stars Best workout DVD for beginners, 22 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
This work out completely changed my physique. It is quite a commitment to do 6 days a week for 30 days but the results were astonishing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - Even for an unfit 16 Stone lady!, 29 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
I was very nervous about this... However I am 5ft2 and did weigh 16.9 stone!!! Not a healthy size and needed to "shred" the fat!

I had learnt about the programme via a community health group I joined several months ago however the class was 1hr a week and was seeing results, as well as eating less crap! I decided that to have more impact with weight-loss I needed to do more and knew I had 20 mins at the very least once a day, even though I do need another 20 to recover its a positive recovery period and feel every ache and pain as that step closer to losing weight and inches!

Jillian for me is very motivational direct, to the point (see her on biggest loser Us!!) and for some like me who has used every trick and excuse in the book for the reason not to exercise or that I am big boned, or too unfit to exercise etc I need someone who is harsh, not fluffy and just speaks facts!!

This is not easy, had a very low fitness level and still sweat a hell of a lot with Level 2, but I am getting better, stronger and more importantly slimmer!! I do not stick to the strict diet but do think more about what I eat, especially before and after!!

As you can do this in your house it is OK not to complete the 20 mins whilst you get used to it, no one is looking, its OK to fall over or lose your balance... no one is watching your in the comfort of your own home and you WILL pick it up and get stronger... little dramatic maybe but I am down to 14 st 6 lbs in 2 months.... MEGA!!! It has been a very long time since I have lost weight, felt better and less concious but also keep it off an actually enjoy my 20mins of brutal torture with Jillian...

I can not recommend this DVD enough and looking forward to mastering it and then looking at other Jillian DVD's to mix it up!

I would advise you may need a mat and I used tin of beans to start and then invested in pretty pink dumbbells so I could gradually mix it up & enjoy my new strength!!

I would advise if you have 20mins a day for one week and cut out the crisps / chocolate / sweets etc and drink water you will see a difference, maybe not on the scales but you will feel it in your clothes!!

HAPPY SHREDDING!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in love.., 31 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
I got this dvd after reading the reviews on Amazon.I had no idea who Jillian Michaels was and I'd never done a fitness dvd in my life.The first 2-3 days were awful, I actually felt sick, my legs were trembling and i thought i was going to pass out but i kept doing it and the results are amazing.
I've gone down 2 jean sizes, have discovered muscles I didn't even know existed and just feel so much healthier and stronger.
I've now started ripped in 30..

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent dvd, 9 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
ive lost 22lsb in 12 weeks and 4inches off each leg.9lb is down to 21 days doing this dvd.its excellent and really pushes you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick but effective exercise. I've lost 18 lbs since ..., 10 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Quick but effective exercise. I've lost 18 lbs since the end of August by combining this with healthy eating, but still treating myself at times

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]