1,711 Reviews
 (1,336)

1,456 of 1,496 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - this will KILL you!
Published on 5 Jan 2010 by NinaJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Approach with caution!
I initially bought this DVD determined to do something about the wobbly, unfit body I seem to have acquired over the past few years.

After seeing Jillian push all the contestants on 'The biggest loser' as hard as she could without actually killing them and seemingly getting excellent results, I decided I was going to ease myself in gently and do the 1st circuit...
Published on 8 Jan 2011 by Deb A

1,456 of 1,496 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - this will KILL you!, 5 Jan 2010
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
But I mean it in a good way! This is, without any shadow of a doubt, the most intensive workout DVD I've ever tried (and I have a good few, including Davina, Nell McAndrew, The Firm etc etc...) Jillian and her two helpers (one advanced, one 'normal') take you through three 20 minute workouts - Levels 1, 2 and 3. Each workout is made up of three circuits which comprise of 3 minutes of weights, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of ab work.

Like me, you may well be thinking this sounds reasonable, quick and easy. It isn't! Even Level 1 is an intensive workout - lots of jumping jacks, squats, bum kicks etc., and Jillian doesn't let up for a second, constantly keeping you moving. I found I had to use lighter weights than I would for a Davina workout; the exercises are so quick and intense that I couldn't keep up with my usual ones. The exercises have a real 'military' feel and change quickly, and you are given plenty of instruction and encouragement. The music isn't great, but then you probably won't have the energy to think much about it while you're doing this workout!

Levels 2 and 3 contain harder exercises (such as burpees, mountain climbs, jumping jacks from the plank position). I've got a passable fitness level, but on finishing Level 2 I was in a collapsed screaming heap on the floor, thoroughly worked out! Jillian screams at some point in Level 2 "I want you to feel like you're gonna DIE!" - and if you're anything like me, you will! On the plus side, if you can do Level 2, I don't think you'll find Level 3 too much of a difference in intensity, unless you have weak abs as this section pushes them to the limit.

This is a fantastic workout to try if you're looking to push yourself hard, but it is NOT for the faint hearted. Jillian and her helpers are very toned, but also quite bulky - to avoid this it might be a good idea to alternate this DVD with some less intense workouts (as I intend to do!) But the fact remains - there is absolutely no doubt that if you did this DVD every day, even doing just one of the three levels per day, you would lose weight and get results very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only 25 minutes a day, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Doing this routine everyday and although I have not lost weight, I have got slimmer and I do feel much fitter and stronger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this DVD for my wife. With the diet and the workout, she's lost 11lb in 5 weeks. So proud of her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do the Shred, drop a dress size, 26 Feb 2011
Michelle Styles (Northumberland United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
In January 2011, I decided to do something about my increasingly large writer's bottom, and the 30 Day Shred seemed the ticket. I could give up an hour of writing for 30 days. So I ordered it, vaguely recognising Jillian's name.
To my surprise, the dvd only lasts 20 minutes per level. I didn't need to give up any writing time. I started with Level 1 (beginners) and giving a little more each day, I gradually progressed up to level 3 (advanced) by the end. I was very impressed to see my over all fitness improve and really enjoyed the buzz from working out. There is a certain amount of satisfaction in being able to do exercises where you died before!
It is a Boot Camp style workout -- so squats, lunges, jumping jacks, planks etc. (I have two left feet so the format suits me) Jillian combines several exercises in one to give a maximum burn. However, do not be afraid to step touch until you are ready to progress further. The important thing is to give it your all. It is about YOU and your fitness.
I didn't lose 20 lbs in 30 days, but I did go down a dress size (which is more important). At the end of the 30 Days, I went jeans shopping and was able to easily fit into a pair of skinny jeans as well as jeggings without looking like the back end of a bus. I also tossed away 3 bin bags of fat clothes. I am not going back there. If you are on twitter, a number of people use the #30dayshred hash tag to report their progress in case anyone feels the need for accountablity.
I found Jillian Michaels throughly motivating (tough but with a lot of heart) and have progressed to doing her 6 week six pack flat abs fast which is a definate step up from the 30 Day shred. And look forward to doing her other dvds. I have continued to see my fitness improve and my measurements decrease.
It is not easy, but it is rewarding. In order to combat flab, sometimes you have to SWEAT and this dvd inspires you to do just that.

4.0 out of 5 stars DVD, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Only got to day 6 before the dvd stopped working, I gave it to my friend and its working for her so maybe my player isnt working. Very good workout, it is do-able, I havent exercised in years and I just about managed it and it was getting easier! I am now on level 2 (through you tube) and that is a killer!!! Good luck to anyone buying it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred, 23 April 2012
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
I love this DVD - it's very easy to follow the different work outs and they are hard; but they work. Have still to try level 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jillian definatly shredded me, 7 Mar 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
On the 24th Jan 2o11- i started the 3o day shred- made myself a chart with stickers and started level one.
It was a killer {Think your gonna die stay with anita} well i died and came back for 4 weeks on that level-
Now i am doing level one and two together 7 days a week and its GREAT.
Did have slight problem with the knees as some of the exercises at first are tough.
I have paced this out because i am not in a rush. i have been doing this DVD now for 7 weeks and the change is amazing.
I will be doing level 3 in 2 weeks time.
I am 5ft 8ins, had 6 children and before these exercises i was a size 14 weighing 11 1/2 stone, i had a bit of a jelly belly and a muffin top- Now i am back to a size 12, and on the 4th April 2o11 weighed in at 1o stone- jelly belly is flatter muffin tops considerably reduced more defined abs.
My waist is narrower i feel slimmer and look slimmer and feel fitter for it.
My youngest is 4 years old and what really surprised me is that it has taken only 4-6 weeks of exercise to flatten my belly area i should have done this years ago, but you do notice a change as early as week 2.
My Husband started the same time and we have been doing the same routine together- he was 18 stone and now 16 1/2- we have both been very careful with what we have been eating so a good healthy diet with this is more of an advantage.
I am now such a big fan of Jillians DVDs that i have bought 4 more and will gradually go through all of them, i think that once you get the bug you dont want to stop because you can see and feel the difference and if you miss a session you feel guilty.{Like i do}
It is hard and tough and you feel like giving up the first day but DONT, you WILL get THROUGH IT, Jillian is brilliant, as a trainer, she is the best, the way she explains the moves and the details. She is such a proffessional - its Brilliant, it really feels as if she is your own personal trainer, she encourages you and motivates you to carry on.
So have a go - stick with it because if i can do it i know you can.
Once you get past the first week the rest is a BREEZE.
Hi there again- i just thought that id update you- its {5th July 2011)-6months- still exercising now my weight has stuck on {9st 5} this is what i weighed before i had all my children- really pleased- very toned up -No muffin tops- but abs.
I feel much healthier, fitter - i have never ever dieted but only made the extra effort to eat more healthier foods now that we have summer you naturally tend to eat more salads anyway, just cut out the chocs-fizzy drinks and sugary foods, thats what you will notice in the difference.
now have gone through all jillians dvds and my favorite is {No More Trouble Zones Pink DVD} that targets all those bits you hate- its absolutely brilliant.
So go and get the DVDs -stick at it because when its all over or when you have the result you want it will be worth it- it is just amazing - Jillian Micheals is GREAT
Hi again it is now 9th Jan 2o13- still doing the work outs - rotate each dvd so every 3-4 weeks i am doing a different one.
It is just now a permanent daily routine for me- want to keep fit and healthy, for me it is not really about losing the weight as i am now back to my PRE-PREGNANCY shape size 12 -(11}- My Husband put the weight back on but now he is doing Jillians workout again- he is not a dedicated or strict but he will get there in the end.
Just enjoy it and have fun then you will see the rewards of all your hard work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - Even for an unfit 16 Stone lady!, 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
I was very nervous about this... However I am 5ft2 and did weigh 16.9 stone!!! Not a healthy size and needed to "shred" the fat!

I had learnt about the programme via a community health group I joined several months ago however the class was 1hr a week and was seeing results, as well as eating less crap! I decided that to have more impact with weight-loss I needed to do more and knew I had 20 mins at the very least once a day, even though I do need another 20 to recover its a positive recovery period and feel every ache and pain as that step closer to losing weight and inches!

Jillian for me is very motivational direct, to the point (see her on biggest loser Us!!) and for some like me who has used every trick and excuse in the book for the reason not to exercise or that I am big boned, or too unfit to exercise etc I need someone who is harsh, not fluffy and just speaks facts!!

This is not easy, had a very low fitness level and still sweat a hell of a lot with Level 2, but I am getting better, stronger and more importantly slimmer!! I do not stick to the strict diet but do think more about what I eat, especially before and after!!

As you can do this in your house it is OK not to complete the 20 mins whilst you get used to it, no one is looking, its OK to fall over or lose your balance... no one is watching your in the comfort of your own home and you WILL pick it up and get stronger... little dramatic maybe but I am down to 14 st 6 lbs in 2 months.... MEGA!!! It has been a very long time since I have lost weight, felt better and less concious but also keep it off an actually enjoy my 20mins of brutal torture with Jillian...

I can not recommend this DVD enough and looking forward to mastering it and then looking at other Jillian DVD's to mix it up!

I would advise you may need a mat and I used tin of beans to start and then invested in pretty pink dumbbells so I could gradually mix it up & enjoy my new strength!!

I would advise if you have 20mins a day for one week and cut out the crisps / chocolate / sweets etc and drink water you will see a difference, maybe not on the scales but you will feel it in your clothes!!

HAPPY SHREDDING!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutley Brilliant !, 3 Jan 2010
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this DVD because it was recommended to me by a friend who had really toned up and lost weight with the DVD.

the DVD is divided into 3 levels of workouts. Each workout is about 20 minutes, and is 3, 6 minute cycles. Each cycle contains 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of ab work.

For example, in workout/level 1: (Three 6 minute circuits featuring Jillian's 3-2-1 interval system)
3 minutes of strength - Pushups alternating with Squats and Arm Presses
2 minutes of cardio - Jumping Jacks and Butt Kicks
1 minute of abs - Crunches and Reverse Crunches

I must say when i did workout 1, every muscle in my body felt worked out. I'm already starting to see results and i've only been doing this for 8 days and my tummy and legs are really starting to tone up.

I recommend you get this and do it at least 4-6 times a week and you will definitely see the results

5.0 out of 5 stars Need a bikini body? Get this DVD!, 11 Jun 2010
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
So...I have just completed Day 30 of the 30 Day Shred, and I have to say, I'm feeling strong and fit, I've lost a few kilos, and a total of 6 inches off my waist, hips, tummy, arms and thighs. All in all, I am ready to bare all in a bikini when I jet off to sunny Portugal tomorrow!

Let me explain - prior to starting this fitness regime, I had never done any exercise apart from yoga and a little rollerblading in the park. While I wasn't overweight, my fitness levels were very poor, and I'll admit that walking up the stairs to my flat left me feeling somewhat out of breath and tired. So, having booked my holiday, I decided I needed to get in shape...

I started with Level One, and it was hard work that left me shattered, but it was fine on Day 1. on Day 2 I was very sore but completed the workout anyway - by Day 3 I could barely walk, and just lifting my arm to switch on the light was quite painful! So I had a day off, then continued to complete the workout about 6 days a week for the next month, switching up to the next level after every ten days.

The workouts are not easy, but I found that my body adapted quickly, and it only took 2 or 3 days to get used to each level. To begin with, I found Level 1 an absolute killer, and now a month later, I can complete Level 3 quite comfortably, and I even look forward to my daily workout!

I would highly recommend this DVD to anyone who wants results fast, and who doesn't have the time or the money to join the gym. Of course, there is no pain, no gain, but if you stick with the regime, you will see your fitness levels soar, and a huge reduction in the jiggliness of your thighs, tummy and arms.

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]