1,788 Reviews
 (1,390)

1,470 of 1,513 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - this will KILL you!
Published on 5 Jan 2010 by NinaJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Approach with caution!
I initially bought this DVD determined to do something about the wobbly, unfit body I seem to have acquired over the past few years.

After seeing Jillian push all the contestants on 'The biggest loser' as hard as she could without actually killing them and seemingly getting excellent results, I decided I was going to ease myself in gently and do the 1st circuit...
Published on 8 Jan 2011 by Deb A

1,470 of 1,513 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - this will KILL you!, 5 Jan 2010
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
But I mean it in a good way! This is, without any shadow of a doubt, the most intensive workout DVD I've ever tried (and I have a good few, including Davina, Nell McAndrew, The Firm etc etc...) Jillian and her two helpers (one advanced, one 'normal') take you through three 20 minute workouts - Levels 1, 2 and 3. Each workout is made up of three circuits which comprise of 3 minutes of weights, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of ab work.

Like me, you may well be thinking this sounds reasonable, quick and easy. It isn't! Even Level 1 is an intensive workout - lots of jumping jacks, squats, bum kicks etc., and Jillian doesn't let up for a second, constantly keeping you moving. I found I had to use lighter weights than I would for a Davina workout; the exercises are so quick and intense that I couldn't keep up with my usual ones. The exercises have a real 'military' feel and change quickly, and you are given plenty of instruction and encouragement. The music isn't great, but then you probably won't have the energy to think much about it while you're doing this workout!

Levels 2 and 3 contain harder exercises (such as burpees, mountain climbs, jumping jacks from the plank position). I've got a passable fitness level, but on finishing Level 2 I was in a collapsed screaming heap on the floor, thoroughly worked out! Jillian screams at some point in Level 2 "I want you to feel like you're gonna DIE!" - and if you're anything like me, you will! On the plus side, if you can do Level 2, I don't think you'll find Level 3 too much of a difference in intensity, unless you have weak abs as this section pushes them to the limit.

This is a fantastic workout to try if you're looking to push yourself hard, but it is NOT for the faint hearted. Jillian and her helpers are very toned, but also quite bulky - to avoid this it might be a good idea to alternate this DVD with some less intense workouts (as I intend to do!) But the fact remains - there is absolutely no doubt that if you did this DVD every day, even doing just one of the three levels per day, you would lose weight and get results very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only 25 minutes a day, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Doing this routine everyday and although I have not lost weight, I have got slimmer and I do feel much fitter and stronger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great workout in short time of 20 minutes but you ..., 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Great workout in short time of 20 minutes but you must keep at it day after day...I have not and try to do the workout every other day but you can feel the results and see them :) very clear instructions and Jillian knows her stuff!

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this DVD for my wife. With the diet and the workout, she's lost 11lb in 5 weeks. So proud of her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Don't even know how to explain how good this workout is. I'm not an exercise fan AT ALL but my god this woman is good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - Even for an unfit 16 Stone lady!, 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
I was very nervous about this... However I am 5ft2 and did weigh 16.9 stone!!! Not a healthy size and needed to "shred" the fat!

I had learnt about the programme via a community health group I joined several months ago however the class was 1hr a week and was seeing results, as well as eating less crap! I decided that to have more impact with weight-loss I needed to do more and knew I had 20 mins at the very least once a day, even though I do need another 20 to recover its a positive recovery period and feel every ache and pain as that step closer to losing weight and inches!

Jillian for me is very motivational direct, to the point (see her on biggest loser Us!!) and for some like me who has used every trick and excuse in the book for the reason not to exercise or that I am big boned, or too unfit to exercise etc I need someone who is harsh, not fluffy and just speaks facts!!

This is not easy, had a very low fitness level and still sweat a hell of a lot with Level 2, but I am getting better, stronger and more importantly slimmer!! I do not stick to the strict diet but do think more about what I eat, especially before and after!!

As you can do this in your house it is OK not to complete the 20 mins whilst you get used to it, no one is looking, its OK to fall over or lose your balance... no one is watching your in the comfort of your own home and you WILL pick it up and get stronger... little dramatic maybe but I am down to 14 st 6 lbs in 2 months.... MEGA!!! It has been a very long time since I have lost weight, felt better and less concious but also keep it off an actually enjoy my 20mins of brutal torture with Jillian...

I can not recommend this DVD enough and looking forward to mastering it and then looking at other Jillian DVD's to mix it up!

I would advise you may need a mat and I used tin of beans to start and then invested in pretty pink dumbbells so I could gradually mix it up & enjoy my new strength!!

I would advise if you have 20mins a day for one week and cut out the crisps / chocolate / sweets etc and drink water you will see a difference, maybe not on the scales but you will feel it in your clothes!!

HAPPY SHREDDING!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Jillian definatly shredded me, 7 Mar 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
On the 24th Jan 2o11- i started the 3o day shred- made myself a chart with stickers and started level one.
It was a killer {Think your gonna die stay with anita} well i died and came back for 4 weeks on that level-
Now i am doing level one and two together 7 days a week and its GREAT.
Did have slight problem with the knees as some of the exercises at first are tough.
I have paced this out because i am not in a rush. i have been doing this DVD now for 7 weeks and the change is amazing.
I will be doing level 3 in 2 weeks time.
I am 5ft 8ins, had 6 children and before these exercises i was a size 14 weighing 11 1/2 stone, i had a bit of a jelly belly and a muffin top- Now i am back to a size 12, and on the 4th April 2o11 weighed in at 1o stone- jelly belly is flatter muffin tops considerably reduced more defined abs.
My waist is narrower i feel slimmer and look slimmer and feel fitter for it.
My youngest is 4 years old and what really surprised me is that it has taken only 4-6 weeks of exercise to flatten my belly area i should have done this years ago, but you do notice a change as early as week 2.
My Husband started the same time and we have been doing the same routine together- he was 18 stone and now 16 1/2- we have both been very careful with what we have been eating so a good healthy diet with this is more of an advantage.
I am now such a big fan of Jillians DVDs that i have bought 4 more and will gradually go through all of them, i think that once you get the bug you dont want to stop because you can see and feel the difference and if you miss a session you feel guilty.{Like i do}
It is hard and tough and you feel like giving up the first day but DONT, you WILL get THROUGH IT, Jillian is brilliant, as a trainer, she is the best, the way she explains the moves and the details. She is such a proffessional - its Brilliant, it really feels as if she is your own personal trainer, she encourages you and motivates you to carry on.
So have a go - stick with it because if i can do it i know you can.
Once you get past the first week the rest is a BREEZE.
Hi there again- i just thought that id update you- its {5th July 2011)-6months- still exercising now my weight has stuck on {9st 5} this is what i weighed before i had all my children- really pleased- very toned up -No muffin tops- but abs.
I feel much healthier, fitter - i have never ever dieted but only made the extra effort to eat more healthier foods now that we have summer you naturally tend to eat more salads anyway, just cut out the chocs-fizzy drinks and sugary foods, thats what you will notice in the difference.
now have gone through all jillians dvds and my favorite is {No More Trouble Zones Pink DVD} that targets all those bits you hate- its absolutely brilliant.
So go and get the DVDs -stick at it because when its all over or when you have the result you want it will be worth it- it is just amazing - Jillian Micheals is GREAT
Hi again it is now 9th Jan 2o13- still doing the work outs - rotate each dvd so every 3-4 weeks i am doing a different one.
It is just now a permanent daily routine for me- want to keep fit and healthy, for me it is not really about losing the weight as i am now back to my PRE-PREGNANCY shape size 12 -(11}- My Husband put the weight back on but now he is doing Jillians workout again- he is not a dedicated or strict but he will get there in the end.
Just enjoy it and have fun then you will see the rewards of all your hard work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put the work in, get the results., 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Amazing workout sequences that actually work. It's tough, you may feel weak in the beginning, but within weeks you feel the change.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!, 25 Feb 2013
Mrs. S. L. Doyle "Mums Taxi" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
As I'm on the mature side, 47, I was becoming increasingly down about my lack of energy, weight, and general wellbeing. So, New Year 2013 I decided to do something about it and Gillian Michaels 30 day shred was the answer to my prayers.
When the dvd arrived I sat and watched it through all 3 levels.
I thought, this is going to be a doddle (I was much fitter in my younger years, and my brain obviously still thought I was still capable of doing everything on the workout) WRONG!!!

Day 1. I nearly broke my nose trying to do a press-up, when my arms clapsed (not funny). Leg's turned to jelly after 10 minutes of jumping jacks, butt kicks etc but I stuck with as much as I could do...........

Day 2, No regrets and NO ACHES AND PAINS, so the warm down definately worked from day 1, especially considering I hadn't excersised in years.
I wasn't much better than day 1 but I still stuck with it.

End of week 1 - I CAN DO THIS !!!!!!!!!!!

End of week 2 - I'M DOING THIS and IT'S WORKING !!!!!!!!!!

Jump to end of week 4 - I'm down two dress sizes. I've lost 9.5 Ibs and I FEEL GREAT.

Gillian's tough, but what I love about her is she keeps you motivated as she talks all the way through. I do the workout every evening at 8:00, on the dot. As I do the workout in my bedroom, above the lounge, my husband turns the TV up, and the neighbours very kindly ignore what obviously sounds like somebody trying to break through the ceiling.

Don't be fooled into thinking this is easy, like I was. It isn't, but if you want results, this is the start-up workout I would highly recommend.

I feel great, my confidence is back, my energy level's are through the roof and my husband, says my body reminds him of when we first got together 29 years ago. Best of all, my baby tummy from my 3rd child, from 21 years ago, has gone !!!!!!!!!!

Gillian, you're tough but I love your workout !!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO LADIES,YOU CAN DO IT TOO............

5.0 out of 5 stars This dvd has changed my life!!, 3 Mar 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
I am overweight and a size 16. The year before though I was a size 20 and 4 stone heavier. Through diet I lost that weight but I also lost a lot of lean muscle so in February I decided I was going to start exercising, to lose the last 2 stone and also tone up. Even though I hated exercise with every fibre of my being!!
I came across the 30 day shred. The reviews on amazon were so good that I thought 'why not?'. I started on the 1st February. I can honestly say that that first day nearly killed me. It was hard, but then I am very out of shape. By day 5 I noticed that it was getting easier and I even upped my weights to 3lbs. By day 8 I felt competent enough to start Level 2. Wow this was even harder, but again by around day 5-7 I noticed myself improving! Level 3 was killer. And still is but I have noticed that I am doing a lot of the advanced moves now rather than the modified ones so that shows how much strength i've gained.
Now on to the results which is what everyone wants to hear! I know I did!! - Weight loss = zero. I had a few weekends away and a takeaway here and there so I wasn't very good with my diet. I'm sure If I was good with my diet I would've seen better results. But like most people have said, because you're gaining so much muscle, the scales don't really move its the inches that count.
Results:
Arm - 11" to 10.75" - down 0.25, i've built lots of muscle here though, for the first time in my life I have biceps and triceps!
Bust -43" to 42" - down 1 inch
Underbust-36" to 35" - down 1 inch
waist - 35" to 34" - down 1 inch
Belly (navel)- 42" to 39" - down 3 inches!!
Hips - 42" to 38.5" - down 3.5 inches!!
Thigh 25" to 23" - down 2 inches!!
Calf 14.5" to 14" - down 0.5 inches
Ankle 9" to 8.75 - down 0.25 inches

Total inch loss = 12.5"!!! in 31 days (I missed one day)!!! Love it! My size 16 clothes are also getting bigger now, so think I may need a size 14!
I'm not going to lie, this workout is intense but you feel so good for it afterwards. It is only 20mins, so just when you think you are going to die, its nearly over!!!
I have now purchased 2 of Jillians other DVD's and they are harder and more intense but I love it!! My body has changed, my strength/endurance has improved dramatically.....and dare I say it I actually love exercise now!

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]