1,759 Reviews
 (1,367)

1,466 of 1,509 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - this will KILL you!
Published on 5 Jan 2010 by NinaJ

2.0 out of 5 stars Only suitable if you live on the ground floor!
Pros: the workouts are short, only 20 minutes, and they vary between high intensity/energy and low intensity to get your breath back.

Cons: It is not possible to fast forward or jump through the DVD. You have to let it run its course. The only options are which workout to choose.

Not really suitable as a home video, too much jumping around would...
Published 16 days ago by Catherine Luke

1,466 of 1,509 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Beware - this will KILL you!, 5 Jan 2010
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
But I mean it in a good way! This is, without any shadow of a doubt, the most intensive workout DVD I've ever tried (and I have a good few, including Davina, Nell McAndrew, The Firm etc etc...) Jillian and her two helpers (one advanced, one 'normal') take you through three 20 minute workouts - Levels 1, 2 and 3. Each workout is made up of three circuits which comprise of 3 minutes of weights, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of ab work.

Like me, you may well be thinking this sounds reasonable, quick and easy. It isn't! Even Level 1 is an intensive workout - lots of jumping jacks, squats, bum kicks etc., and Jillian doesn't let up for a second, constantly keeping you moving. I found I had to use lighter weights than I would for a Davina workout; the exercises are so quick and intense that I couldn't keep up with my usual ones. The exercises have a real 'military' feel and change quickly, and you are given plenty of instruction and encouragement. The music isn't great, but then you probably won't have the energy to think much about it while you're doing this workout!

Levels 2 and 3 contain harder exercises (such as burpees, mountain climbs, jumping jacks from the plank position). I've got a passable fitness level, but on finishing Level 2 I was in a collapsed screaming heap on the floor, thoroughly worked out! Jillian screams at some point in Level 2 "I want you to feel like you're gonna DIE!" - and if you're anything like me, you will! On the plus side, if you can do Level 2, I don't think you'll find Level 3 too much of a difference in intensity, unless you have weak abs as this section pushes them to the limit.

This is a fantastic workout to try if you're looking to push yourself hard, but it is NOT for the faint hearted. Jillian and her helpers are very toned, but also quite bulky - to avoid this it might be a good idea to alternate this DVD with some less intense workouts (as I intend to do!) But the fact remains - there is absolutely no doubt that if you did this DVD every day, even doing just one of the three levels per day, you would lose weight and get results very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only 25 minutes a day, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Doing this routine everyday and although I have not lost weight, I have got slimmer and I do feel much fitter and stronger.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Bought this DVD for my wife. With the diet and the workout, she's lost 11lb in 5 weeks. So proud of her.

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple concept that really works!, 9 Feb 2010
S. Carter (Dorset) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this dvd after becoming an avid fan of Jillian Michaels through the biggest loser and it doesn't disappoint.

It is based on Jillian's 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of ab's plan and by the end of workout 2 you really will want to die. I started on level one but as i have an ok level of fitness i needed to move onto level 2 quite quickly but you can use the workouts individually rather than progressively. The moves are all easy to master and at first seem too simple but boy do they work!!!! Jillian has 2 helpers one showing beginner moves and the other showing advanced so you can progress each time you use it.

I have used this on and off for one week and am already starting to see the results so anyone who commits to the 20 minutes a day for 30 days will definately see the desired results. I own many fitness dvd's but none of them come close to this one. If you want to change your body shape this is definately the dvd for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great workout in short time of 20 minutes but you ..., 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Great workout in short time of 20 minutes but you must keep at it day after day...I have not and try to do the workout every other day but you can feel the results and see them :) very clear instructions and Jillian knows her stuff!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing - Even for an unfit 16 Stone lady!, 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
I was very nervous about this... However I am 5ft2 and did weigh 16.9 stone!!! Not a healthy size and needed to "shred" the fat!

I had learnt about the programme via a community health group I joined several months ago however the class was 1hr a week and was seeing results, as well as eating less crap! I decided that to have more impact with weight-loss I needed to do more and knew I had 20 mins at the very least once a day, even though I do need another 20 to recover its a positive recovery period and feel every ache and pain as that step closer to losing weight and inches!

Jillian for me is very motivational direct, to the point (see her on biggest loser Us!!) and for some like me who has used every trick and excuse in the book for the reason not to exercise or that I am big boned, or too unfit to exercise etc I need someone who is harsh, not fluffy and just speaks facts!!

This is not easy, had a very low fitness level and still sweat a hell of a lot with Level 2, but I am getting better, stronger and more importantly slimmer!! I do not stick to the strict diet but do think more about what I eat, especially before and after!!

As you can do this in your house it is OK not to complete the 20 mins whilst you get used to it, no one is looking, its OK to fall over or lose your balance... no one is watching your in the comfort of your own home and you WILL pick it up and get stronger... little dramatic maybe but I am down to 14 st 6 lbs in 2 months.... MEGA!!! It has been a very long time since I have lost weight, felt better and less concious but also keep it off an actually enjoy my 20mins of brutal torture with Jillian...

I can not recommend this DVD enough and looking forward to mastering it and then looking at other Jillian DVD's to mix it up!

I would advise you may need a mat and I used tin of beans to start and then invested in pretty pink dumbbells so I could gradually mix it up & enjoy my new strength!!

I would advise if you have 20mins a day for one week and cut out the crisps / chocolate / sweets etc and drink water you will see a difference, maybe not on the scales but you will feel it in your clothes!!

HAPPY SHREDDING!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A very intensive workout, 1 Feb 2010
Smee (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
I have all of Davina's DVDs and was looking for something a little more intensive because as much as love her new offering "Fit" I find that I need to do 3 or 4 of the sections to feel like i've had a decent workout but I don't always have 1.5 or 2 hours to work out!

So, I thought I'd give this one a try and wasn't disappointed. There are 3 levels and each level is made up of 3 circuits of 3mins strength, 2 mins cardio and 1 min of abs. The level lasts for approx 20 mins and you are worked hard all the way through.

Jillian does like to talk (she doesn't stop!) but it does help to distract you from the fact that you're being worked really hard. ( I don't know if she'll get annoying as you do the DVD more but there is the option to turn off her commentary)

I did level 1 & 2 back to back and that was more than enough - I consider myself to be quite fit but I couldn't do all of the exercises on level 2 so I had to follow the beginner instructor (there are two, one for beginners and one for more of a challenging workout). I found taht I had to use lighter weights than I usually use with Davina as the exercise lasted longer i.e 30 seconds of V pulls with a squat.

I'm looking forward to trying level three but I think i'll give it a few more days to work up to it!

The down side for me is the warm-up and cool down. THese only last for approx 2 mins each and I didn't feel as if they were enough before the intensive workouts so I'd recommend adding a bit of your own to the start and end of the workout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jillian definatly shredded me, 7 Mar 2011
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
On the 24th Jan 2o11- i started the 3o day shred- made myself a chart with stickers and started level one.
It was a killer {Think your gonna die stay with anita} well i died and came back for 4 weeks on that level-
Now i am doing level one and two together 7 days a week and its GREAT.
Did have slight problem with the knees as some of the exercises at first are tough.
I have paced this out because i am not in a rush. i have been doing this DVD now for 7 weeks and the change is amazing.
I will be doing level 3 in 2 weeks time.
I am 5ft 8ins, had 6 children and before these exercises i was a size 14 weighing 11 1/2 stone, i had a bit of a jelly belly and a muffin top- Now i am back to a size 12, and on the 4th April 2o11 weighed in at 1o stone- jelly belly is flatter muffin tops considerably reduced more defined abs.
My waist is narrower i feel slimmer and look slimmer and feel fitter for it.
My youngest is 4 years old and what really surprised me is that it has taken only 4-6 weeks of exercise to flatten my belly area i should have done this years ago, but you do notice a change as early as week 2.
My Husband started the same time and we have been doing the same routine together- he was 18 stone and now 16 1/2- we have both been very careful with what we have been eating so a good healthy diet with this is more of an advantage.
I am now such a big fan of Jillians DVDs that i have bought 4 more and will gradually go through all of them, i think that once you get the bug you dont want to stop because you can see and feel the difference and if you miss a session you feel guilty.{Like i do}
It is hard and tough and you feel like giving up the first day but DONT, you WILL get THROUGH IT, Jillian is brilliant, as a trainer, she is the best, the way she explains the moves and the details. She is such a proffessional - its Brilliant, it really feels as if she is your own personal trainer, she encourages you and motivates you to carry on.
So have a go - stick with it because if i can do it i know you can.
Once you get past the first week the rest is a BREEZE.
Hi there again- i just thought that id update you- its {5th July 2011)-6months- still exercising now my weight has stuck on {9st 5} this is what i weighed before i had all my children- really pleased- very toned up -No muffin tops- but abs.
I feel much healthier, fitter - i have never ever dieted but only made the extra effort to eat more healthier foods now that we have summer you naturally tend to eat more salads anyway, just cut out the chocs-fizzy drinks and sugary foods, thats what you will notice in the difference.
now have gone through all jillians dvds and my favorite is {No More Trouble Zones Pink DVD} that targets all those bits you hate- its absolutely brilliant.
So go and get the DVDs -stick at it because when its all over or when you have the result you want it will be worth it- it is just amazing - Jillian Micheals is GREAT
Hi again it is now 9th Jan 2o13- still doing the work outs - rotate each dvd so every 3-4 weeks i am doing a different one.
It is just now a permanent daily routine for me- want to keep fit and healthy, for me it is not really about losing the weight as i am now back to my PRE-PREGNANCY shape size 12 -(11}- My Husband put the weight back on but now he is doing Jillians workout again- he is not a dedicated or strict but he will get there in the end.
Just enjoy it and have fun then you will see the rewards of all your hard work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Put the work in, get the results., 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
Amazing workout sequences that actually work. It's tough, you may feel weak in the beginning, but within weeks you feel the change.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutley Brilliant !, 3 Jan 2010
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD] (DVD)
I brought this DVD because it was recommended to me by a friend who had really toned up and lost weight with the DVD.

the DVD is divided into 3 levels of workouts. Each workout is about 20 minutes, and is 3, 6 minute cycles. Each cycle contains 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of ab work.

For example, in workout/level 1: (Three 6 minute circuits featuring Jillian's 3-2-1 interval system)
3 minutes of strength - Pushups alternating with Squats and Arm Presses
2 minutes of cardio - Jumping Jacks and Butt Kicks
1 minute of abs - Crunches and Reverse Crunches

I must say when i did workout 1, every muscle in my body felt worked out. I'm already starting to see results and i've only been doing this for 8 days and my tummy and legs are really starting to tone up.

I recommend you get this and do it at least 4-6 times a week and you will definitely see the results

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]