4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy but few minor drawbacks

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent for a while but now broken
Published on 29 Nov 2011 by Paul Israel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good buy but few minor drawbacks, 24 Mar 2011
This review is from: Onaroo OK to Wake! Nightlight and Sleep Trainer Clock (Baby Product)
I chose this clock over several others available mainly because it displays the time aswell as showing the light to give the cue to get up; I wanted our 3 year-old to have an actual clock, with numbers to see, rather than just a light and picture e.g. the Gro-clock or KidSleep clock. It does everything it claims to do and he understood straight away to wait for the green light. The drawbacks that I have found are minor but annoying! Mainly, the battery compartment is closed with a TINY screw which must be opened with a screwdriver, and the screw was done up so tightly when it arrived the thread was damaged and turning it with the screwdriver then damaged the top of the screw too, so now, brand new, it cannot be done up again. Second, the changeable face plates fit onto the front of the clock with a nice easy latch, but the plate that was already on the clock was also stuck on with sticky tape, which when removed left a sticky smear across the front of the clock. I have picked the smear off but it was an annoyance! I'd buy it again but wish they had given these details more attention!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant buy, 10 Feb 2011
I bought this as my 7yr old and 2 5yr olds like to wake and ask if it's time for them to get up. The first night i explained that when the light was green they could get up and when it wasn't they needed to go back to bed. It's worked instantly i'm no longer woken very early, i do suggest reading the instructions as the green light is only set to stay on for 30 mins before switching itself off and we needed a little longer but it's very easy to do as are the rest of the controls. I love that it's battery operated and that you can leave it once you've set it up and never touch it again, i highly recomend this it's brilliant.

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent for a while but now broken, 29 Nov 2011
Paul Israel (london, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This product revolutionised our family life as our son could now know when it really was the morning and when it was time to get up rather than coming and asking us! He is quite an independent sort and so suited him perfectly. He now naturally wakes at the time the light comes almost always. As with other reviewers the battery panel screw broke very quickly and now the whole thing is not working. It was amazing while it lasted!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 Jun 2011
C. Reichl (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
We expected great things from this clock but were hugely disappointed with it. For what it costs, and let's face it - it's not cheap, it had a distinctly naf and cheap feel to it. Poor build quality and you can tell it was made in China (no offence). We were also amazed to find that it didn't run off the mains. No plug in sight! Required 4 AA batteries which seems madness. And lastly, the green light is more of a glow than a light. We had high hopes but sent it back and got the Gro Clock instead.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, bad design for a pre-schooler, 19 July 2013
C. Booth "Clara" (Uk) - See all my reviews
The idea behind this clock is fantastic and my son loves it. It works too, he's very good at waiting until the green light comes on before coming through.

The problem with this clock though is that after a few months of him bringing it through in the morning to show us what a good boy he was for waiting and occasionally getting dropped in the process, one of the green "ears" broke off. I decided to contact the company who made it, thinking as the part was interchangeable between green & pink it would be replaceable. However the cursory response was "sorry we don't sell replacement parts". Also any slight knock it takes, the clock resets to 1200 and all setting have to be redone. I guess if you have a 3 year old who will carefully leave their clock by the bed and never touch it, it's worthy of 4 or 5 stars.

Update: the company did come back to me after I had pointed out I would be leaving a poor review and avoiding their other products and found a face "lying around their office" and mailed it to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool!, 3 April 2014
This clock works great! It has really helped us to establish a wake up time. The only downside is the huge drain on the batteries. It is expensive to begin with and then replacing the batteries once or twice a month greatly adds to the expense.

4.0 out of 5 stars great product with a bit of a flaw, 16 Mar 2014
We bought this product for our 2.5 years old - now i know it says in the instructions its for 3 plus but we thought it would help with his sleeping - it does, he understands that green means time to wake up BUT why oh why have the clock come fitted with a green front plate!?? As the front plate is green my son sees it and thinks 'yep the clock is green time to get up'. Yes we could change it to pink but doesn't really suit our boys room so the only solution was to remove the face plate completely and leave it white....

5.0 out of 5 stars Get ready for a good nights sleep!, 27 Feb 2014
This worked a treat. Expensive as I bought one for my daughter and one for my son. Comes with a pink or green interchangeable front. I set for 7am in the week, 7.30 weekends, no noise, just a light so if they are awake it gives them the all clear and if not they sleep through it! Bonus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Made my mornings far easier, 24 Feb 2014
Brilliant click easy to use. No need for mains power. Works brilliantly my little girl knows it's time to get up when the clock lights up

5.0 out of 5 stars ideal, 23 Feb 2014
Great for childen who try to wake up too early. Set the time they can get up and in then glows green to let them know it is ok to wake. There is also an alarm for if they do need to be up by a time. And a nap feature. We have them for both out children and it stops the constant coming in to your room on a morning asking "is it time to get up yet" ...every 5 mins.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›