4.0 out of 5 stars Very good considering the price

Published 23 months ago by Darren Fuge

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good considering the price, 11 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Your 3D Home Designer 2 - Deluxe Edition (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
This package is excellent value - I've used it for 3D visualisation of all the rooms in my home to decide on decorating schemes and am currently creating external designs for a new driveway and garden wall. Although there are some preloaded objects, you can create your own objects very easily, chairs, tables, sofas, light fittings, TVs, walls, fences, radiators etc. The user interface is a bit clunky and the range of functions quite limited, but in some ways this makes it easier to learn. However, you cannot create plans and elevations from your designs, so if that is what you want then you need something else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 2 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Your 3D Home Designer 2 - Deluxe Edition (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
This was so awkward and awful. When I started designing houses, there were times when the walls went everywhere and when I got them how I wanted, when it came to wall effects, after I put the brick effect on the outer walls, I had problems after using plain colours for the wallpaper on the inner walls. As soon as I added the wallpaper effect, the outer walls had the wallpaper effect. When I changed the outer walls back to the brick effect, the inner walls changed to the brick effect. Technical support is so useless, nothing gets sorted and when I checked on-line I found nothing. All I kept finding was FAQ and not one question connected to what I wanted to ask.

This is why this is so cheap, simply because this product sucks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for a learner, 10 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Your 3D Home Designer 2 - Deluxe Edition (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
This is very basic but allows inital design and renovation.
I wouldn't recommend if want to use to plan maps for submittance to the planning office, but great for ideas

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, 2 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Your 3D Home Designer 2 - Deluxe Edition (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
I purchased this for recreational use only and was very pleased with it. It contains a catalogue of styles for doors, windows etc and then of various furniture. The furniture range is relatively larege although I was displeased by the lack of beds, kitchen units and there are no instruments such as pianos which I would like. It takes a while to get used to and can crash quite a bit if you do it incorrectly but once you know you can't put a roof there then it works well. Contains a good selection of paints and texture for internal and external use. I would suggest this software for anyone who is only going to use for recreation or simple plans where they would not be totally relying on it as it is only £8.00. If you want software for genuine accurate home designing I would suggest Chief Architect Suite Designer 2012 (PC) instead.
Overall I have had much enjoyment out of this product and would recommend it for lots of designing fun!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not user friendly, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Your 3D Home Designer 2 - Deluxe Edition (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
Price OK but you get what you pay for.Not versatile, unable to save plan to work on at another time. not easy to master

1.0 out of 5 stars Too sophisticated for my purposes, 19 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Your 3D Home Designer 2 - Deluxe Edition (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
I am planning a new kitchen and the design offered by a professional kitchen planner was lacklustre and dull. I wanted to try a DIY approach and play with the options myself. A cheap computer program looked like a good option. Using this software however, I couldn't even figure out how to get the walls in the right places and correctly sized! It is not at all intuitive and I found it utterly frustrating. It has to be said I have no CAD experience, and what I really wanted is something much more basic.

I ended up using an on line kitchen designer from a well known DIY store, which had it's own frustrations but at least I could work it!

2.0 out of 5 stars Really difficult., 23 July 2013
This review is from: Your 3D Home Designer 2 - Deluxe Edition (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
I already have 3 Home Designer programs similar to this one and this one has to be the most complicated to use.

2.0 out of 5 stars It may be great but....., 8 July 2010
A. E. Finn (Reading) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your 3D Home Designer 2 - Deluxe Edition (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
The thing looks great and very professional.
But I cannot understand how to use it. There is a HUGE 120 odd page instruction manual document to wade through. The active Help is not at all useful. Thereis no "dive in and see" type ability.
Someone has put an awful lot of work into this and assumed it is being bought by CAD savvy folk. They need to rethink the customer and their knowledge.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mega value but showing it's age., 28 May 2013
ConRod (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Your 3D Home Designer 2 - Deluxe Edition (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
This package is amazing value for money, but (there's always a but) there are chunks of the software that are just not there. I think that this package probably started off life back on Windows 98, and as time (and Windows OS) has passed has not been kept up to date and has certainly lost some of the functionality, in my case the ability to automatically generate 2D side elevations. I found the package to be fairly straight forward and intuitive to use (but have been using various mechanical CAD for 30+ years) and it's 3D visualisation capabilities have been a boon when laying out preliminary house designs and conveying them to other people.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not That Good, 13 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Your 3D Home Designer 2 - Deluxe Edition (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
This software is not that good and I wasn't that satisfied. You can create your home in 2D great but the 3D is rubbish. The pictures on the back of the box are deceptive as you can't actually do things to that extent. It's quite hard to find your way around the software and is cheaply and poorly made. The objects are also rubbish as on most of them you can hardly edit them. I would reccomend http://www.floorplanner.com/ which you can do 2D and 3D house designs but if you have the free account then you can only do one house and have to delete it when you want to move onto another house desin.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Your 3D Home Designer 2 - Deluxe Edition (PC CD)
Your 3D Home Designer 2 - Deluxe Edition (PC CD) by Focus Multimedia Ltd (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
Used & New from: £7.49