4.0 out of 5 stars Syberia 1+2 great games.
Even if you only buy this collection for syberia 1 + 2, it is worth buying. These are 2 excellent adventures.The gameplay is a lot of fun and the storylines are good. If you consider when these games were 1st made and released, you'll agree that the graphics are also quite good. These 2 PC games put the adventure in adventure games.
Amerzone, however, is another...
Published on 14 Oct 2010 by Joey's Dad

3.0 out of 5 stars The Lost World
I have played all three of these games over the years, and Amazone is the one I keep coming back to enjoy again and again. It is an old game, with all the imperfections of ten years ago, but has a charm that only the French are capable of. A soothing fantasy with a happy ending.
Published on 24 Jan 2011 by Michael J. Wilson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Syberia 1+2 great games., 14 Oct 2010
Joey's Dad "Joey's Dad" (NY, London, and Germany) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Syberia Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Amerzone, however, is another story. It wasn't as good. It's one of those rainy day games, when you don't have much else to do.

Adventure gamers alert!
SYBERIA 3 is coming on PC and possibly on Sony PS3. The release has been pushed back due to a problem concerning Sony PS3 restrictions in the U.S.A.
Sony has denied releases of many of Microids games in the Unites States, including the denial of Syberia on PS2. I'm almost certain that the problem revolves around production costs and Sony wanting excessive royalties. Microids is an independent company. Sony should be making more exceptions for these smaller companies, who are now moving into the console markets. Even with the high number of sales of microids games thus far, they haven't had a chance to earn the type of profits needed to release a full scale of multi-platform games. I can't speak for everyone, but I like variety and quality when playing games which is something that is being squashed, when other smaller and/or newer companies can't release their products.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always worth a replay, 17 Dec 2011
This review is from: Syberia Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I was a fan of Syberia before I bought this game, but the sequel blew me away as well :) The graphics and storylines are amazing and fun to "experience", and I almost always found something new lurking around the corner - just waiting to be explored. While I couldn't really see Amerzone as a *real* prequel to the game, or see how it fit in as such, after having played it through, I found much more joy in the small references to it throughout the Syberia games.

Immense value for your money. I have played Syberia again and again for several years before I discovered there was a sequel, and every time I look forward to return to the wonderful world of Benoît Sokal.

If you are looking for something similar, I highly recommend the Secret Files-series :)

3.0 out of 5 stars The Lost World, 24 Jan 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Syberia Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
The Syberia titles are engrossing but I found them fussier. The dialogue is at times hilarious.
So for me, Amazone wins hands down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Syberia collection, 2 Dec 2009
This review is from: Syberia Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I was very impressed with the two Syberia Games (I and II). The scenery is beautiful and the puzzles were interesting but NOT impossibly obscure (as they are on some adventure games). The disappointment in the package was Amerzone which was defiinitely not up to the standard of the other two.

Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Syberia 1 and 2 are awesome, Amerzone not so much, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Syberia Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I played Syberia 1 and 2 at the time they were released and they are both great although some of the puzzles lack any sort of clue at all (particularly Syberia 2). Unfortunately, Amerzone is complete and utter garbage. 4.5 out of 5 for Syberia 1 & 2 but only 1 out of 5 for Amerzone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Syberia is fabulous!, 21 Mar 2013
L. Hurst "Lia" (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Syberia Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
This trilogy is a bit let down by the first one "Amerzone" where Benoit Sokal is perhaps cutting is teeth, but boy does he make up for it with Syberia I and II. If you like pc games but don't like the violent ones, then this is for you. The scenery and the music are really very good and I had to keep forcing myself to put it down to go and get on with jobs. The only thing I don't like are the fairly regular phone calls she receives, but you still have to listen to them as a few of them might have a little clue in there. Well recommended and luckily Syberia III is coming out next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply stunning, 30 Mar 2012
This review is from: Syberia Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I don't know how I missed Syberia when it came out a decade ago, but I'm so glad finally to have played it. It doesn't disappoint even after all this time. Beautifully drawn, intelligently written, and with haunting music. Tasks to stretch the brain and a story to fire the imagination. The third episode is long overdue!

Amerzone is an earlier production and quite a jolt if you play it after Syberia; it's like stepping back several years still! I've only just begun it but it looks promising, despite the pixellation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Syberia is good Amerzone not so, 1 Feb 2010
T. Hunt (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Syberia Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
So far I've only played Amerzone and half of the first Syberia game. Amerzone is awful the way the screen moves makes me feel sick.

Syberia is a brilliant game, not to difficult but not too easy, I'm really enjoying the game and would recommend it to any point-and-click adventure fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value really., 8 Sep 2011
Mr. M. L. Hanford "MH74" (Hereford,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Syberia Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I've played,twice,both Syberia 1 and 2 on my Xbox,indeed I even ordered a U.S copy of Syberia as it was cheaper than the PAL one,worked fine on my PAL Xbox and I've played Amerzone on my PSOne,in my opinion Syberia is one of the best of these type of games and I'm a big fan of Broken sword,the only game that came near it to me was Secret Files:Tunguska.
I've got both Dracula games,Louvre and Necronomicon on the PSOne which are very similar to Amerzone and I loved those,granted it's not as good as Syberia but I personally wouldn't deduct points for it's inclusion,it's a bit dated but it's interesting to see it.
Likewise Wolfenstein is horribly dated on RTCW but I don't begrudge it's inclusion.

3.0 out of 5 stars Syberia box set, 28 May 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Syberia Collection (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
As a Myst enthusiast I have found it has taken some time to find a similar game The scenery is a little more 2 dimensional in Syberia, and the puzzles more a case of "do this then you will be able to do that" so not as challenging/exciting as the later Mist games, but still enjoyable

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Syberia Collection (PC DVD)
Syberia Collection (PC DVD) by Iceberg Interactive (Windows Vista / XP)