5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
I purchased three sets of the landscape lights having previoulsy purchased other products from The Solar Centre and I am once again very impressed.

They light up my garden well into the early hours of the morning and during the summer provide light all the way through the night.

One of the other reviews said that the output was poor and they took 5...
Published on 15 Mar. 2011 by Jimmy D

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic... Or so we thought
I have had to edit my review from a 5 star to a 1 star.
This is simply because the product has changed.
My first initial order that arrived was really great.
Published 7 months ago by Daniel Robert Denis Moran

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 15 Mar. 2011
This review is from: SolarCentre Selene Solar Landscape Spotlights (Garden & Outdoors)

One of the other reviews said that the output was poor and they took 5 days to charge, my experience has been exactly the opposite. They charged very quickly and the output is excellent.

I have purchased other solar lights for my garden and outside use, but the ones from The Solar Centre are by far and away the best.

I would highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little lights, 24 July 2011
Really happy with these lights. We've used one to light up a dark footpath in our back garden and the other to use as a floodlight for our pond (which looks great at night).

Easy to set up, the light output is very good considering their small size, with sufficient cable length for our needs. They were charged within the first day or two of putting out the solar panel. We like the idea that the angle of each light can be easily adjusted.

We used the ground spikes instead of the wall brackets. As the ground spikes are plastic they may struggle in hard ground.

The product was packaged well with easy-to-follow instructions.

We bought some other larger Solar Centre flood lights in the past, so knew these would be of the same good quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars A solar product that works!, 21 Mar. 2011
Excellent product, the instructions advised a 3 day charge period however the lights worked perfectly in my lightwell area on the first night. You can place the small solar panel in an area of light and there is about a 3-5m lead wire to the lights themselves, which can therefore be placed at the bottom of my lightwell area (with the panel on the path above).I found that the brightness is very close to, but not quite at, the brightness of a non solar light (which was actually the effect I was looking for) and I was pleasantly surprised by this. It is great not having to remember to switch them on or off! Definitely recommend purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Selene Solar Landscape Spotlights, 23 July 2013
Thea Solar Garden SpotlightWe had just had our garden completely refurbished and bought some spotlights to enhance it - they were brilliant! They are powerful and are solar powered so cost nothing to run and are the best thing when sitting out in the evening to cast a nice glow on the plants and statues in the garden whilst enjoying a nice glass of wine. The lights help to set the mood.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 18 May 2010
Pheona Kerr (Italy) - See all my reviews
Ther spotlights arrived (from abroad) very quickly. They were easy to assemble and worked straight away with a much stroonger light than I expected so I was delighted. Tehy continue to light up a tree in my garden at night. I would buy another set if they were on amazon again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic... Or so we thought, 10 Nov. 2014
I have had to edit my review from a 5 star to a 1 star.
This is simply because the product has changed.
My first initial order that arrived was really great.
Powerful lights and the lights felt like real quality as all the light ground spikes were metal. This was great for the hard clay like soil that is around our garden. On that basis I ordered a second set of the lights only to be disappointed to discover that the design had changed..The ground spikes had gone from metal to plastic and the design itself had altered too. Odd for the same product I know! I spoke to the solar centre company direct who advised me Amazon must have sold me thier old product/ design which they stopped making 12 months ago. This should have been Stated by Amazon as the picture doesn't show the spikes etc or the now plastic connecting parts. Also they are still charging the same price! Very Cheeky considering the quality of the product has massively deteriorated!
Why Chang something that didn't need changing?
Company clealry cutting back trying to save money in the wrong places!

4.0 out of 5 stars Solar garden spotlight, 27 July 2013
Solar Centre Solar garden spotlights arrived quickly. The ordering process was straightforward. The lights were easy to set up and install and the output is excellent.

We use them to throw light on our ancient olive tree. The light is effective, without being too strong, and therefore is not offensive or disruptive to any neighbours at night. Good product. Selene Solar Landscape Spotlights

4.0 out of 5 stars Let there be light., 11 Sept. 2011
Very prompt delivery - before the date given. Charging of batteries took less time than stated. Generous amount of flex for varied positions of lights. Lights very easily adjusted. They throw a good beam of light and light up my silver birch quite magically.
Only down side - after it rained, one of the lights is not totally waterproof and moisure is still inside lens but it doesn't seem to have affected the light.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good, 23 July 2011
After having bought a number of other solar light I thought it was a given that they would be very weak and only able to light very short distances. After half a day of charging on a cloudy day I was very surprised to se the lights being almost torch strength. This combined with robust construction gives me a great first impression. I will be purchasing another set shortly

2.0 out of 5 stars 18 months down the line - dead lights..., 21 Sept. 2012
EDIT (April 2014): 18 months after initial purchase. I'm downgrading this to a 2*. The lights have ENTIRELY ceased to work. The batteries (when removed) show full charge and replacing them with quality rechargeables makes no difference. Soldering work inside the solar panel is messy and fragile too - never a positive sign. Both lamps (and the unscrewed solar panel) show signs of water ingress which I suspect of causing a short or similar. Apart from electrical testing - and I'm saving that stuff for retirement - there's no way of breathing life into them. The search for a decent set of solar garden lamps continues... Please comment if you've found any!

EDIT2 (April 2014): Got in touch with the manufacturer about this who stated that she had heard of people putting Vaseline on the joint of the panel as a precaution against water ingress. However, this is really not a solution now that the item is broken. In short: I got 18 months out of these. You may get longer. But if they stop working, your guarantee is 12 months and that's it. If something fails for me within a reasonable period of that 12 months, I tend to feel a little aggrieved. And since the manufacturer suggested it is *very unusual*, I would really expect them to consider supplying a replacement.

Original review (Sept 2012):

Excellent product - all points covered by these reviews.

My only negative would be that it would be a lot easier to position everything if the two lights and panel could be entirely unplugged. As it is, positioning is a bit of a tangle challenge.

I do have one gripe - unusually with Amazon. This item was very obviously used. It was missing a bracket and some bolts and, although I can get round that, it's annoying to pay for a brand new item and then get something that isn't that. THere was a Amazon Warehouse deal for a few quid less that I considered but then rejected in case it was missing any parts.

It would be churlish to return the item - it suits my needs. However, how does one comment on this to Amazon? It's not the first time I've received very obviously repacked items. And it's starting to make me think twice when I purchase from them.

SolarCentre Selene Solar Landscape Spotlights