4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much does what it says on the tin!
Ok; well, what drew me to the book was the girlie pink front cover... then I read the back and it seemed like it would be a quick, light hearted, interesting read... which it was.

Published on 16 July 2007 by A. ROBERTS

3.0 out of 5 stars Has an air of authenticity about it...
Unlike some books that are quite similar, 'Confessions of a Working Girl' has an air of authenticity about it. Miss S is studying for a degree and, to make ends meet, she gets a job at a local 'Sauna'.

Published on 17 Oct 2007 by Sarah Durston

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much does what it says on the tin!, 16 July 2007
A. ROBERTS "abirobs" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews

I really enjoyed reading it, it was quite amusing but at the same time quite an eye opener... I felt at times the author was trying to justify the profession but apart from that it gave quite a good insight into the girls behing the massage palour image. Quite humourous at times too; but also showed a darker side.

In short, if your after an eye opening, honest, amusing, easy read then this is the book for you... its quite addictive once you start reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Its not a novel!, 28 Sep 2007
I enjoyed this book but you need to take it as what it is, a true account of a working girl! People have been saying that it isn't a good novel but then it isn't a novel it is her account!

I believe this is well worth the read! I certainly couldn't put it down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Has an air of authenticity about it..., 17 Oct 2007
Sarah Durston (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

The book explores what it was like for her at the beginning, the paranoia that she suffered if she formed relationships outside the job and some of the stranger clients. I liked the feeling of honesty throughout the book and that Miss S didn't glamorise the job (unless you like the thought of being down the GUM clinic every few weeks!)

The only reason I have given the book three stars is that there seem to be so many other books that are similar, and this book doesn't really have much that is new to add.

It passes a few hours, but don't expect any surprises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!, 26 Sep 2007
C. Whatmough (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
I'm quite surprised at the negative reviews this book has got on here. I loved it from the minute I started reading it. It's a really easy, enjoyable read. It gets pretty graphic at times so when I was reading it on the train on my way to work I had to hold the book so people looking over my shoulder couldn't see it. I don't think it was written particularly badly either as some of the reviews suggest.

I have recommended it to loads of people as it is one of the best books I have read in a while.

2.0 out of 5 stars Light weight and airy, 14 May 2008
Duncan Howorth (Chester UK) - See all my reviews
Is it "real" I don't know - reserve judgement. It starts well with the impact of the change of life from student to prostitute, and then seems to run out of steam once the narrator is used to her new life. I don't think I came away feeling I had learned anything new but it was certainly an easy read and made no demands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value paperback book, 1 Jun 2014
Item arrived punctually & is great value for a paperback book. Saving it for holiday reading. Recommended by work colleagues

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 2 Feb 2014
L. A. Fitchett (jersey) - See all my reviews
Brought this book for my holiday, and it was perfect. Just a nonsense read by the pool with a cocktail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab read!, 7 Jun 2013
This review is from: Confessions of a Working Girl (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book from the second I picked it up. Miss S. writes in a fine free flowing fashion which entertains and paints pictures. She opened my eyes to the "workings" of a working girl!. I wish I had got this book for going on holiday, although with some of the words contained in the book, I may have needed to hide under a beach towel to read it to conceal what I was engrossed in!! For the 99p or something I paid, this book lasted a long time and I'm at a loss now that its finished....oh well, on to another I suppose. I have given it five stars and in my opinion, it's well deserved. If you like a little mixture of sex, fun, seriousness and an insight to men who use brothels then click the "buy" button.

5.0 out of 5 stars As a present, 16 Jan 2013
L. Edmonds - See all my reviews
Brought the previous book to this as a gift ,the reader couldn't put it down either ,I would recommend this book

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Confessions of a Working Girl (Kindle Edition)
I have read this book about 4 times, got a kindle for Christmas which meant straight away that I had to download the book. Love it. It's just so funny x

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›