4.0 out of 5 stars excellent, light-hearted yet serious poetry, 17 Mar. 2002
By A Customer
Benjamin Zephania came to my school is Bangkok, Thailand (Bangkok Patana School) and gave a 'poetry reading', although it was so much more. He showed us how his poems are light-hearted but at the same time serious. this book features many of those poems and is amazing to read. The poems are fantastic (and are really good to use if you do drama for GCSE or IB/A level).
I definatly reccomend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky, fabulous looks at life!, 25 April 2010
C. Gardner "Foodie gardener" (Cheltenham, Glos, UK) - See all my reviews
Stimulated by a tv programme about crafts (Monty Don's series about crafts), I saw a few lines from a Benjamin Zephaniah poem depicted in stained glass for a school in Peckham and was instantly hooked. Before the programme had finished, I had ordered three volumes of his poetry from Amazon and have enjoyed every line over and over again. If you don't know his work, please do buy some because it will be an enormous, thought-provoking treat!

5.0 out of 5 stars Something to Treasure, 31 Jan. 2012
If you have never read any of this poets' work this is a great place to start as it has some of his classic poems in as well as newer works. This book takes us on a trip round the world, meeting its peoples as we go.

There are funny light hearted poems as well as work which is deeply moving. I do not have a religious bone in my body yet I find these poems to be the nearest I get to praying. I love his poem "The British", and can hardly get to end of it without crying! I have this book on my kindle and have found that it easy to navigate around it. I am forever dipping into it, on the bus, to set myself up for the day ahead.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun and thought provoking, 30 April 2012
Martin J. Peach "poochy" (noyb) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wicked World! (Puffin Poetry) (Kindle Edition)
Try to read it aloud in a Jamaican lilt, these need to be heard! I acually read this in the caribbean so was in the mood, but some of the messages about about people from all over the world are gently prodding us to rethink stereotypes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked World, 9 Mar. 2013
A. J. Bagnall "film buff" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a lovely little book of poetry by the wonderful Ben Zephaniah,he says it all in a simple way and makes reading fun,lighthearted and delightful.He makes so much sense too when he speaks of how man is destroying his world,and how everyone should be regarded as equals. Excellent. Ann Bagnall

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just for kids, 3 Aug. 2013
I'm new to Zephaniah's writing. There are some excellent poems in this collection, which is permeated by his themes of ecology and tolerance. I'd recommend this book to all age groups, and not just to those who can read: poems can be read aloud too!

4.0 out of 5 stars verse, 8 Dec. 2013
I have never read any of this poets work, although I have heard him on the radio. It was different to what I expected. Very easy to read, if you do not like poetry give this author a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprised, 16 Nov. 2011
Heard a poem being read out on the radio which prompted me to buy this. Great little book of well written poetry. Excellent and sometimes a funny read. I will definatly buy more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top poet, 17 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Wicked World! (Puffin Poetry) (Kindle Edition)
My mother of 96 enjoys the poems . Thank you Bennie! You want to hear her say Me Mudder with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great poetry book for kids, 10 Jan. 2015
Benjamin Zephaniah is a super poet, great book for kids.

Wicked World! (Puffin Poetry)
Wicked World! (Puffin Poetry) by Benjamin Zephaniah