4.2 out of 5 stars4,200
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.49

on 4 January 2013
Heard great reviews and was not disappointed. Brilliantly written and in a great style. Just hope the film can do it justice!
on 9 November 2015
Great value, great condition
on 17 November 2014
Was unsure but it grew on me
on 8 November 2014
Just did not like it, sorry.
on 16 August 2014
not to sure hard to get into
on 9 October 2003
A tense, exciting, fabulous read from start to finish. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. The plot is one of the most original and innovative I can remember and, however fantastic, Yann Martel manages to make it believable. Excellent.
on 5 March 2013
Why am I reviewing this book before I have finished it? I have not yet seen the film, but it sounds fascinating, so decided to try the book first. My Kindle tells me I am 14% of the way through it & I'm not sure if I want to bother going on. All I have read so far is seemingly pointless rambling. Please, will someone tell me it gets better & is worth pursuing any further?

I began this review by giving the book 2 stars. Having forced myself to read further, that was clearly optimistic. The best advice I have read in the reviews is to skip to Chapter 33. One day I might, but most likely I shall not. Rambling, pretentious nonsense. Even at 20p I feel robbed.

I rarely read Booker prize books, they usually turn out to be the equivalent of Turner Prize "artworks". Does this too have the aura of the King's new clothes? I once read of something being described as a high-sounding nonsense. That would be too complimentary in this case.
on 2 January 2013
Although we'll written this was a slow going book that has very little resolution to it. I liked the diary style.
on 25 September 2015
Great book made into a film
on 7 April 2015
Great book and an easy read