Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.49

on 28 August 2007
Freya North just gets better and better. I am a hard woman to please these days - I generally fling a book to one side if it hasn't captured my attention within the first couple of pages. Life's too short to wade through wishy-washy writing when theres good stuff begging for attention. And Pillow Talk is excellent stuff. It has everything I enjoy in a book: interesting characters whose lives and words make me laugh, gasp or cry. Petra is essentially a Freya North 'typical' female character - nice with a few endearing quirky traits. Arlo, our hero and love interest is a man we'd all love to call our own. The people they call their friends are people I'd love to meet and spend time with. The time I spent with these delightful characters in Pillow Talk came to an end all too soon - but I can always go back, pick up my book and meet them again. It's that kind of book. Highly recommended.
on 24 July 2009
I look after a pair of lively 3 month old twins, and had found that I really needed something to kill the time between their naps. I came across this as a freebie in cosmo, and I can honestly say i've never been happier with magazine freebie. I generally tend to find that I read the first couple of pages from a book that I recieve at Christmas, before tossing it aside. However, Pillow Talk had me gripped from the first page and I found that I couldn't put it down, finishing it within the first two days. I have nothing but praise for this book, it being the first i've completed in a couple of years.
Love, sex, dramna and jewelry, theres not much more to life.
Pillow talk will have you cringing, biting the pillow, hastily, yet delightfully skimming pages, to finally being completely immersed in those raunchy parts ;) The characters were so realistic and likeable, I felt as though they were friends I had known all my life, and yet at the same time, were people I really wished I could meet.
10/10, 5 Stars, whichever you prefer, but I will definitely be going to buy the rest of her collection once i've finished this review, my highest praises to Freya North.
on 21 July 2009
I read this book during a recently holiday having been given it by a friend and I have to say it is one of the best books I have ever read. It has humour, romance and just about everything a girl could need. I found myself spending hours and hours a day flicking through the pages, not wanting to put it down. I had never heard of Freya North untill recently therefore I cannot compare 'pillow talk' to any of her previous novels, but all I know is that this book is a MUST READ!! Absolutely Brilliant :) :)
on 21 July 2011
I literally did not put this book down and had it devoured in a matter of hours. I have to say that this is one of my favourites, it is so sweet and romantic and North always has such an in depth knowledge of what she writes about (in this case jewellry) There are a few unexpected twists in this story which I enjoyed...its always good to have something to keep you guessing! I learned alot from this story, as I do with everything North writes about, from art, sport to sleepwalking!!! Again I ALWAYS find North a joy to read so perhaps I am biased but this is such a sparkling summer read, highly enjoyable and romantic. Hope you enjoy reading as much as I did!
on 8 August 2009
I loved every minute of this book, You empathise with the character throughout and i absolutly fell in love with the story line, sends you from laughing to crying.

Such a lovely romance with a raunchy edge!
a MUST read!
on 10 March 2010
I already loved this book but lost it when moving to uni. This copy was in really good condition and was still one of the best books I have ever read. I wish life was really like this.
Having read some of Freya's early novels such as 'Cat', I gave up on her for a while as I found them to be a bit arty farty, but I was sent this book to review and really enjoyed it. It's the story of Petra, a jeweller who sleepwalks for no apparent reason. Throughout the book, she tries to discover what causes her condition, but along the way finds true love and a new direction for her career.

I'd recommend this book to all fans of womens' fiction - it's a good read.
on 8 February 2016
I bought this book quite a few years ago and when I started reading it I loved it, this is the story about a girl who for years has been sleepwalking when it's time she really needs to be asleep in the comfort of her own home. However as you start getting into this book you will fall in love with the characters.

Petra Flint works in a studio down in London, she is such a talented jeweller. She has been in a relationship with Rob for about ten months, so that's fairly new for her but since them being together it's been quite a lot for Rob to handle as he is constantly receiving phone calls on a night time informing him that Petra has been sleep walking and has ended up in the middle of no where.

Arlo Savidge teaches music at an all boys boarding school, the last time he saw Petra Flint was seventeen years ago while they were at school together. However he still has things that are buried in his past, but when he comes face to face with Petra in a small village, he could hardly contain his excitement.

Over time Rob starts to get rather annoyed with the constant need for him to look after Petra due to her sleep walking, and you can clearly see this as the story goes on. Meanwhile Arlo and Petra start spending more and more time together attempting to help each other with past problems and a rekindled friendship.

Will Arlo and Petra be able to help each other with their demons from their past or will it be too late. Even though it's been seventeen years will this be their second chance for each other.
I honestly loved this book from the very beginning and I can't get enough of Freya North's books.
on 25 August 2012
This book is fantastic it has so many funny parts, sad parts, romantic parts and serious parts.

I read this book in 3 days as I couldn't put it down.

The main character Petra is brilliant, she is a jeweler who sleepwalks for no reason, and Freya really captures the seriousness behind sleep walking she must have done her research on it.

This is a book for any age really I would recommend this to be the next book you read.

This defiantly will not be the last book I read from Freya, the story is fast and the ending was perfect.
on 30 October 2012
I had never read a Freya North book before Pillow Talk which was given to me by someone who had just read it. I knew nothing about her style of writing or genre. I loved this story, I found it hard to put down and looked forward to picking up the book to continue reading. I liked the way Freya constructed the story and the twists and turns it took, just like real life. I have to confess that a tear came to my eye at the very end. I would liked to have meet Arlo in read life.