on 9 September 2009
FANTASTIC BOOK ...FIRST READ ACROSS THE MERSEY THEN DAUGHTERS OF LIVERPOOL THEN THE HEART OF THE FAMILY..... WHEN YOU HAVE READ THESE WHICH WONT TAKE LONG AS THEY ARE GREAT YOU WONT BE ABLE TO WAIT FOR THE FINAL TWO BOOKS TO BE RELEASED
on 13 August 2010
After reading "Across the Mersey" I could hardly wait to get "Daughters of Liverpool". It was an absolute delight to continue reading about the Campion family. The sensitivity in the author's dealing with their joys and sorrows of every day life makes compulsive reading. Each character becomes real in his or her own right. " What comes next," was the burning question and as I continued to read this wonderful series I was not disappointed!
on 24 September 2009
I'm Mr Ross' partner and he bought these books for me as a birthday present so this review comes from me as he asked me to do the reviews.

Annie Groves is a fairly recent author I added to my list of reading but found her to be as good as my favourites i.e. Anne Baker, Ruth Hamilton, Katie Flynn & Maureen Lee.

As Daughters of Liverpool is a paperback, I decided to read that book first. I thoroughly enjoyed the storyline and, being a Liverpool lady myself, I could easily identify with the street/road names and buildings, so the book kept me enthralled right through to the end.

I would thoroughly recommend the author and the book and I will definitely be looking for more of her work in the future.

Regards M Ball, Mr Ross Partner
on 8 September 2009
This book was amazing . loved it . the series is great cant wait for the next one
on 14 November 2011
Book three of five of the campion family. I love the way Annie Groves draws you in. Her characters are so beleivable and the period is so alive you can almost smell the cordite
on 29 June 2015
have now read all books on the Campion family, just loved them all.Wonderful description of all characters, the terrible bombings that almost destroyed Liverpool. How different two sisters are , one so warm and kind, the other cold and selfish. Story tells of both their families, just beautiful story telling, hard to put these books down
on 6 March 2013
After reading 'Across the Mersey' I had to order the next in the series of books from Annie Groves for my mum who loves reading books about Liverpool where she grew up. She read this book in a couple of days which is excellent for my mum as she is not a big reader, she just could not put it down.
on 13 December 2012
Would recomend Annie Groves books to everyone, down to earth, informative, page turners. Well set out stories about Liverpool and its surroundings during the second world war and how Liverpudlians responded to one another; sometimes putting their own lives on the line to safe others. A must read.
on 13 August 2013
Enjoyed this book very much and will look to read more of Annie Groves. I love to read about ordinary people particularly during the war years. I was 1 year old on the day war broke out and 7 when my father was demobed from the army so anything during that time interests me greatly.
on 22 June 2012
Another piece of brilliance from the talented Annie Groves. Have read all her books now and loved each and every one. Wartime England has always held a fascination for me and these stories are just so down to earth and believable. Buy it today, you won't regret it!