5.0 out of 5 stars I want more!!!
Published on 13 Jan. 2009 by Barbara Hughes-hudson

3.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Dawn
Published on 6 Oct. 2010 by C. Y. Cheri

3.0 out of 5 stars Breaking Dawn, 6 Oct. 2010
C. Y. Cheri "The Book Worm" (Hong Kong) - See all my reviews
I never thought I would read a vampire romance in a million years, but my friends kept urging me to read them! So I did! I really enjoyed Twilight book one, it was like a contemporary Pride and Prejudice with blood! As a reader, Meyer has a way of drawing you into Bella and Edward's romance. When I was reading the book, I couldn't stop thinking about Bella and Edward. I would lie awake at night trying to work out how it's going to end. I admire B & E's passion, loyalty and belief in their love. When I started reading New Moon, I fell in love with Jacob. He was like the antithesis of Edward - vibrant, cheeky and alive! I think he became a much stronger character in the series than Edward towards the end. Personally, I found Edward's obsession with Bella disturbing, but in Breaking Dawn, he became smaller and weaker. Anyway, why am I going on about the earlier books when I am supposed to be reviewing Breaking Dawn? That's the thing, as a fan, I was disappointed with the last book. I think it went down hill after the wedding! I was a bit disappointed when I found out who Jacob's soulmate was going to be in the story. It was a bit weak, I was hoping more of a Bridges of Madison County thing where Jacob ends up being alone just because no one else would do for him - it's Bella or nothing! Jacob was so ready to die for Bella in the three earlier books and then he suddenly changes track Breaking dawn, it just doesn't make sense. As a reader, you just don't warm towards Renesmee. I also felt the whole Bella pregnancy thing was too much like Mia Farrow-Rosemary's baby scenario? It was a little creepy for me! I wasn't sure why and how Rosalie became Bella's protector in this final book. Anyway, I ended up reading the last part of the book really quickly just because I wanted to finish it. If you are a Twilight fan, you will want to read Breaking Dawn because it tells you if Bell chooses life or love, but be warned, it won't quench your thirst!

5.0 out of 5 stars I want more!!!, 13 Jan. 2009
Barbara Hughes-hudson "Sucker for Love" (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
OKay, so I am 27 years old and was an original "I am not bothered about some tortured teenage romance story! I am a Grown Up!"....but once I read Twilight I was hooked. I have now read all 4 of the series and Breaking Dawn was the best. In Eclipse we left off with Bella & Edward arranging their Marriage (well, Alice was) and were looking forward to seeing them live Happily ever after....Forever. Simple....or so we thought. The book is split into 3 parts, first Bella's story, then Jacob's, then back to Bella. There is a huge reason for this and I don't want to spoil too much but anyone who has read Eclipse probably already has an idea about why this is the case. It's a great twist! I expected (there's a clue) the first part of the plot but the second hit me like a juggernaut!! It was sensational...and also made complete sense...why did I not see it before!!! I couldn't put this down! This book also reveals the extent of Bella's strength as a Human and more and how her and Edward were meant to be more than ever. To say I am nearly 30 years old has me slightly ashamed of how passionate I am about this "teenage" series but then I thought what the heck! It's an old fashioned love story with a new modern edge...a Romeo & Juliet with Vampires & Werewolves instead of Motagues & Capulets. For anyone who is still not sure about the whole series I urge you to continue until you have reached the end of the Twilight Journey....it's one you won't want to miss!

1.0 out of 5 stars If you've come this far, you might as well finish..., 11 July 2013
This review was originally posted at: [...]

"My life and his were twisted into a single strand. Cut one, and you cut both. If he were gone, I would not be able to live through that. If I were gone, he wouldn't live through it, either."
Breaking Dawn, Stephanie Meyer

Breaking Dawn, by Stephanie Meyer, is the final book in the Twilight tetralogyand is twice the size of all the other books. Breaking Dawn continues Bella and Edward's story from the previous three books in the series. There is a small gap between the end of Eclipse and the start of Breaking Dawn, and other than wedding preparation, not much has happened. The first third of the book documents Bella and Edward's wedding and their honeymoon to a tropical island. Edward keeps his promise to take Bella's virginity after they are married, and surprise, surprise, Bella becomes pregnant. This is no ordinary pregnancy either. Within a few days, Bella has a large bump, which would usually take months to grow in a normal pregnancy.

There was far too much of Bella and Edward's wedding and the honeymoon. I really think this needed to be condensed into one or two chapters. It felt like the author should know all these details, but should have edited the majority out. It was boring, and I just didn't care! The honeymoon part was not only boring, but also painful. Bella persuades a reluctant Edward to take her virginity, which he does. In the morning, Bella is bruised and the room is in disarray. Edward vows that he will not have sex with her again while she is human because it's too dangerous. Bella then spends so much time trying to persuade Edwardto have sex again that she is actually begging him. What is that? It is so degrading to read about a woman begging a man for sex. I shudder just recalling it.

After this, the point of view switches to Jacob. Jacob is unhappy about Bella being pregnant but wants to protect her from his pack of werewolves, who want to kill her and the baby. The story reports about Jacob, Seth, and Leah's patrols, the love triangle between Edward, Jacob, and Bella, and Bella's rapid deterioration. This culminates in the birth of a Vampire daughter, and Bella's death.

Nothing eventful happens in this third of the book. It literally focuses on Jacob, Seth, and Leah running patrol and bickering because they don't really get along. When Jacob isn't running patrols, he's inside begging Bella to abort the baby. He and Edward actually agree on this. Bella feels better when Jacob's around and the love triangle continues. Jesus! She's married and pregnant and all she wants is Jacob. To me this is just too much love triangle. Meyer should defiantly have chopped this down. All the pining and brooding looks just annoyed me. Although, the werewolves do attack towards the end of this third, Jacob and Edward are inside delivering the baby. Once again, the reader misses all the action! Instead, the reader gets a gross scene where Edward bites into Bella to retrieve the baby. Yuck!

The point of view then returns to Bella, who is now a Vampire. Bella names her daughter Renesmee, who ages and develops much more rapidly than a human child. It isn't long before Alice has a vision of the Volturi visiting because they have heard news of Renesmee. The problem is that the Volturi think Edward and Bella have turned a child into a Vampire rather than giving birth to one. This is punishable by death. The Cullen family call on all their friends to join them in a stand against the Volturi. Will Bella and Edward find a way to convince the Volutri that Renesmee ages and so isn't a human turned into a Vampire? Will the Volturi even care? They've been looking for an excuse to take out the Cullen family for so long because they pose a threat to the Volturi's power. You'll have to read the book to find out, or what the movie. It might be faster and closer to quickly pulling a plaster off

The final third of the book is more interesting. Actually, it's probably the most interesting bit of the entire series. Why, you ask? Well, the focus is no longer on Bella and Edward being in love, or the love triangle. It's on the Volutri and preparing for a fight. The Vampires that travel to the Cullen's house all have different abilities, and these make for an interesting read as they practice. Plus, Bella's gift is also interesting and I liked reading about it developing. Of course, these interesting bits are tainted with some annoying aspects. For instance, rather than being a true newborn, Bella is a brilliant Vampire. She's in control and can instantly resist human blood. WTF! I'm sorry, but that kind of takes the fun out of having Vampires in the story. It also confirms that Meyer really just romanticised Vampires into humans who drink animal blood and aren't that dangerous, but are faster and stronger. It's just not interesting.

Final Verdict: If you've come this far, you may as well finish. You might want to skim the first two thirds of the book. I can sum them up with: the wedding, the honeymoon and the baby. That's it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful writing, 24 July 2013
Ok, so you're maybe thinking that if I find the book so bad why am I on the 4th and final book of the series? Well the Twilight series is the thing everyone's talking about; some love it, some hate it, but half of those that hate it have not even picked up any of the books and just hop onto the bandwaggon. I decided that I can only hate it after I've read the books. I also love reading, I think books should be read sometimes, regardless of if you like them.

There really is not much to the entire series and I could write better than Meyer even when I was pre-GCSE. The entire series just seem to be based on how hot Edward is, so much so that in one of the books, (I can't even remember which now, they just merge into one long awful mess) when Edward leaves for a few months, she has nothing to write about and subsequently just writes the months on each page to show the passing of time before Bella's beloved returns and she can cream over him again. The only good thing about the book is that it's the end of the series!

Don't get me wrong, maybe I read it at the wrong time in my live and I would've liked it if I was a tween looking for something to idolize but Meyer has completely destroyed what people think of as vampires. Please, regardless of your age, just go and read something like Dracula instead.

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't know, 19 Jan. 2011
Bryony Clapperton "TheLittleHippy" (Carlisle UK) - See all my reviews
Like most twilight fans I read all four books quite some time ago now and since then I've read and watched almost every other interpretation of dark romance/vamp love out there. So after watching eclipse for the second time I decided to re-read the books for about the 4th time. I must admit they've been sat neglected in my book cupboard for a while now and it was nice to brush the dust off them and start reading. I'm an 18 year old girl and just like most other 18 year old girls I love these books. I love the concept and I love how they make me feel and although I've tried I have never really found anything to compare to how these books made me feel. A lot can happen in two or so years and imagine I've grown up slightly since reading the books and have a better understanding of what it is to care for someone.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed breaking dawn just as much as anyone else, but there's something about the plot that I feel lets the book down. I love the start of the book, it's just how I would want the saga to follow on. The romance, the magic, the love and all the things that give you butterflys while your wrapped up in Edward and Bella, but it all changes as soon as the first part of the book finishes. This could just be my ignorance getting the better of me but, I can't help wishing that it turned out different and I feel the book looses the dark but innocent romantic feel of it. Bella is a character I've always found easy to relate to and see similarities between a naive teenage her and a naive teenage me. I feel like the magic of their relationship is taken away by the twist and I don't feel like I can relate to this girl in this situation. I also feel as though the book doesn't get back to the lovey dovey stuff for too long. I find myself asking why did Meyer go down that road when so many of her readers would never be able to understand it fully?

I enjoy reading about how the Cullens interact with each other just like in the other books and I love the characterisation of Rosalie and due to what we already know about her past I find it really easy to not dislike her and to sympathise with her.

The next part of the book is narrated by Jacob and when reading his thoughts and his sarcasm I found a new connection with this character and felt like I was really beginning to get to know him and then BOOM another twist at the end of his section. It annoys me just because in a way I am happy for Jacob but I find it odd. I understand it completely but I still see it as weird.

The third part of the book is narrated by Bella again and straight away she's Bella and you can understand her and relate to that same girl from the first chapter of Twilight. The most anticipated moment in the book is written extremely well and described in Bella and Jacbs sections of the book which gives you an inside and outside take on it. Things start to work them selves out, the two previous twists aren't as annoying and you begin to slightly understand most of what the characters are going through. I do respect the route Stephenie Meyer has taken with the books, especially with an ending that chokes me up every time. But I just feel as though during the book schizophrenia kicks in and the characters don't act or speak like themselves especially Edward and Bella. Surely I'm not the only one that feels this way?

Sorry, not much of a review, but I hope that maybe some other people can understand what I'm saying here.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable - but it still lacks a certain something, 20 Aug. 2008
D. Galloway (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
Well what can i say ... when i saw the release date of Breaking Dawn i was devestated. I had to wait a whole month and a half!!!
As soon as i first read twilight i was hooked, i absolutly had to read more and i got my wish with New Moon and Eclispe which delivered as well as Twilight.
When i finally got my hands on bReaking Dawn i was quite frankly shaking with excitment and anxitey at the same time. I had seen all of the reviews on here. I didnt want to belive that the authur i admired most was getting so attacked by so called fans. Then i read some of the spoilers and well ... saying i was surprised would be an understatement. My first thoughts were "what the hell was she thinking". However i had to give it a try and i couldnt knock it until i had tried it.

So i dove strait in and i did end up enjoying it, it wasnt as bad as so many people had made out but it was still dissapointing. We know what sort of writing Stephanie Meyer is capable of. The book seemed like a collection of fan fiction that she had stolen of the internet rather than her own writing.

The plot seemed as if she had to finish in a hurry and needed to just end it so she resorted to old clichés. Where everyone is happy and snug and cosy. No one has to give up anything and no one gets hurt.

I guess you cant please everyone but it looks like that it what she has tried to do. She gave the fans of Edward his immortal daughter and wife. The fans of Bella got her best friend and edward AND a child. The fans of Jacob got to see him happy becouse he was no longer pining for bella and he is most likly the future husband of the girl he imprinted on.

Overall fairly weak in terms of plot. Now the charcters is what really made me want to stop reading, as with every page the charcters seemed to transform from the ones we know and love to these new charcters which seemed very OOC. They seemed to revert back to the cardboard cut outs off the stereotypical shelf. Bella swearing, Edward using modern sland?? What was going on.

So it was enjoyable, if you like the fan fiction on the various websites across the internet then you will like Breaking Dawn immensely.

Well done Stephanie Meyer for completing the series and the for fame you have achieved, unfortunately our imaginations have been slashed by the lack of effort put into ending this phenomenal series.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 12 Oct. 2011
I have read the entire Twilight Saga twice, and has concluded with it being a waste of time.

WARNING: SPOILERS!

What really ruined this book for me was the 'battle'. The whole book builds up for this huge, epic battle, and then it doesn't happen. Lame, right?
Also, it never made me FEEL anything; when I read a book, I want to feel sad and happy and hopeful etc. I certainly didn't while reading this book. Meyer, you've got to make your readers feel more than unrealistic love. Make us sad. Kill off some of your GOOD characters too, not only the bad ones. Please.

2.0 out of 5 stars How to Ruin A Beautiful Love Story!, 5 Jun. 2012
Ms. KA Stones "Kate" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
I'm a more mature reader & loved the first three books. The romance between Bella & Edward was beautiful. Then along comes Breaking Dawn..... The wedding & honeymoon was described beautifully & then it all goes downhill. The only way I can describe Bella's pregnancy is "Ewwwwwwwwwww Gross!" It thoroughly killed any romantic thoughts I had about their relationship & spoilt the entire saga for me! The banter between Jake & Rosalie is corny & the waiting around for something (anything!) to happen is boring.However, I did enjoy the relationship the wolves had with each other. The only reason I completed reading the book was because I hoped that the author may be able to recreate some of the beauty of the first three books. Sadly, this didn't happen.

2.0 out of 5 stars My brain actually hurts...., 19 Aug. 2013
Absolute and utter trash to be honest. When did this woman start to think she could write?

It was a very thin finish to a book filled with one dimensional characters and a story premise that you literally had to suspend belief to read. Imprinting? An excuse to make the fans who wanted Bella to be with Jake feel that he somehow got a consolation prize. He was allowed to drool over a baby. Now in anyone who isn't an obsessional rabid Twilight fan, this would be paedophilia, something that Meyer, a devout Mormon and a mother of young children (I wonder how she rationalised that in her imagination)would have, should have been horrified at. This was justified by the fact that this child, which should never have existed in the first place, fathered by a vampire with frozen sperm, was growing so fast that by the time she was a teenager, Jake would still be a young man, thereby stopping the notion that he would be a dirty old man with a predilection for young girls.

The book was badly written and didn't hold my interest at all. By the time I got to the imprinting part, I was absolutely disgusted. I was even more disgusted to see just how many stupid, hormonally charged older women there were out there who were quite prepared to sell their souls and worship at the altar of Meyer and Twilight.

However, to my delight, Meyer's other attempts at writing have fallen pretty much flat on their faces, which goes to prove the old maxim, I suppose, that everyone has a book inside them. In Stephenie Meyer's case, she had four of the worst Young Adult demographic books in the history of reading, apart from her fan, E L James who wrote fifty Shades of Grey, a fanfiction originally called Master of the Universe and based on Meyer's Twilight characters. Neither 'author' and I use the term loosely, is capable of writing another book that will have the same success and they only had that because the reading public apparently now have the mental and reading age of around five.

A complete waste of money, thank god I managed to get a copy cheap on my Kindle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 9 Aug. 2010
All the books in this series are well written, but what it really lacked was an explosive ending, and a more challenging plot.

Questions:
Why was Bella so eager to become a vampire? Yes I know she was obsessed with Edward, but she never challenged herself to fight for her own humanity, never tried to find a way to level the playing field and remain a human. What could she not live without? Did she really want to become a killer? Should she have ended the relationship in the end to save herself?

Where was her struggle to tame her bloodthurst when she did become a vampire?
Yes she had mental strength - how convenient, but she could have at least struggled to control herself, discovering a few deeper things about herself along the way, maybe regreted becoming a vampire when she wanted to kill someone! Have to come to terms with what she had become.

Why did nobody lose their temper and start a fight with the Volturi. Testing all the characters in the final pages? The minor characters of Vladimir and Stefan could easily have been the catalysts.

I really found myself disliking all the main characters by the end of the book. I agree with other reviewers - Jacob should have found a different love interest to Renesmee - a new teenage character could have been introduced - Bella could have felt jealous for a change! Anything instead of the horrible idea of Bella's child being Jake's imprint.

So I'm left disappointed. What promised to be a challenging and euphoric final to the series was a farce.

I think anyone who has invested their time reading the previous books should feel let down by a terrible ending.