Published on 1 Nov. 2007 by David Dulley

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I bought four of these tapes going on a recommendation from friends. Im still making my mind up but I don't think I like them. There are far too many middle aged men and women finding new loves. The stories can be soppy and stereo type.

I may just be too fussy. I like a good mystery.
Published on 7 Feb. 2012 by Mrs. J. E. Hingley

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is the third in the Cedar Cove Series and reading it is like coming back to visit old friends., 1 Nov. 2007
The book features Rosie and Zach Cox, a newly-divorced couple who have been instructed by Judge Olivia Lockhart to keep their children in the family home and to alternate moving in to have visitation with their children. They find this a very awkward way to live and they also discover many other problems with the divorce. Olivia is still a major character and she is dealing with two men who want her to marry her. Her best friend Grace is learning to deal with widowhood and she also finds herself in a romantic triangle. Grace's daughter Maryellen has an out-of-wedlock baby and tries to keep the father out of his daughter's life. Olivia's mother Charlotte meets an interesting man and they soon find themselves in a protest march together. The death of a mysterious man in a local bed and breakfast is never completely resolved and it leaves some unfinished business to be tackled in book #4 of the series. This is a delightful and very readable book and the series just seems to get better with each addition.

4.0 out of 5 stars An ensemble of characters, 24 Feb. 2010
Jo D'Arcy (Portsmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is one of those books that fit into the ensemble category. Set round a central place (in this case Cedar Cove) and with a range of characters.

Rosie and Zach have got divorced but their warring does not end when the judge presiding over the divorce case, awards the house to their children Allison and Eddie and this results in a new outlook on the way they have conducted their marriage. Olivia Lockhart the judge with radical ideas who is divorced and romancing the local newspaper Editor, Jack but her ex husband, Stan is not far from the scene. Grace Sherman, Olivia's closet friend since school and local librarian who is recovering from her husband dying in rather odd circumstances, but gets involved with the wrong man and pushes Cliff away from her with no possible chance of return. Maryellen's Grace's daughter gives birth to beautiful Katie but the father, Jon is distant and thinks he is being used by Maryellen, but he falls in love with his daughter and back with her mother after their one night stand but something is driving a wedge between them. Jon gives notice at his job at The Lighthouse, local restaurant owned and run by Olivia's daughter Justine.

As you can see everything in this place is cyclical and this is what makes these sorts of books appealing to the masses (and I count myself as one of these masses). A lovely read, and in parts you can skim read as you really do know where the book is going, but nonetheless it is a lovely story that requires little thought and becomes escapism.

This is the first Debbie Macomber that I have read, will not be the last, and I can say that now I have read one, I know exactly what I am going to be getting from any of the others that I pick up. Sometimes it is reassuring in a book and gives comfort when you know this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Cedar Cove goody, 6 Jun. 2011
I am a fan of Debbie Macomber, and this one is as good as all the other Cedar Cove books. In this one, Olivia the town judge known for using her common sense, makes another of her seemingly unusual decisions. When Rosie and Zach file for divorce, instead of their children moving from one house to another, the judge grants the family home to the couple's children and orders each of the parents to move into the house when it is their turn to care for the children, and out of it again when it is the other party's turn! This is the main thread of the book but there are other sub plots too, and a bit more of the mystery about the man who was found dead at the local B & B, the Thyme and Tide. All in all it is a good relaxing read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cedar Cove- Pt 3, 8 Jan. 2012
Welcome back to Cedar Cove- Once again the story is lovely.

Judge Olivia Lockhart rules that newly divorced Zach and Rosie Cox will both have custody of their two children, however the children will not move from house to house- the parents will do that!
& So the parents and children begin to learn some lessons in life...Allison makes a new friend to help her through the time and Rosie and Zach find out what it's really like to be divorced and separated.

Elsewhere at the Thyme and Tide B&B a mysterious man has died, but the question is who is he? How did he die? The investigation begins.

Another great story, easy to read and heart-warming :)

4.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put this down!, 16 Nov. 2009
S. Shuker (Staffordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I recieved 204 Rosewood Lane as a birthday present, not normally the type of book I'd read but I quickly became hooked! A week later I ordered 311 Pelican Court & wasn't disappointed. These books are well written & nice easy reading with enough going on to keep you interested. The characters become like old friends. Needless to say 44 Cranberry Point is now on my Christamas list. Not sure I can wait that long though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely series, 19 Aug. 2013
My first Debbie Macomber book was The Inn at Rose Harbour which I thoroughly enjoyed so thought it would be a good idea to start off with the first book in the Cedar Cove series. I wasn't disappointed - you get drawn into the people and their lives and Debbie Macomber spins a very good story surrounding Cedar Cove and it's inhabitants. Am currently collecting the full series and am still enjoying each one of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars 311 pelican court (cedar cove novels), 17 Jan. 2011
my friend gave me this book,it is very good she gave me three others,cedar cove novels and took them on holidays,I just kept reading them, I just like the people in the books I have just ordered 50 Harbor street and 6 Rainer drive I cant wait for them to come,so I can see If cliff and grace get back together roll on for my post.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 7 Feb. 2012
Mrs. J. E. Hingley (England) - See all my reviews

I may just be too fussy. I like a good mystery.

2.0 out of 5 stars A fairly good read, but much repetition from previous books, 25 Jan. 2015
This review is from: 311 Pelican Court (A Cedar Cove Novel - Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
A fairly good read, but much repetition from previous books. However, as soon as I had finished it, a pop up arrived, inviting me to purchase the next book in the series. Looking at the price, I reconsidered, I do not want to spend £50+ on books that say much of the same thing!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cedar Cove Series, 25 April 2013
This is very light easy reading and when you have read one you just want to keep up with all the friends and neighbours in Cedar Cove. Debbie Macomber at her best and I would definately recommend. This was a second hand book from World Books and was in excellent condition.